Windows 10: Best NIC card for Windows 10 - low latency and affordable

Discus and support Best NIC card for Windows 10 - low latency and affordable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Any thoughts on the best affordable NIC card that works well with Windows 10 and has low latency? Running an audio over iP system at our radio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RAZ1973, Jun 12, 2017.

1. RAZ1973 Win User

Best NIC card for Windows 10 - low latency and affordable

Any thoughts on the best affordable NIC card that works well with Windows 10 and has low latency?

Running an audio over iP system at our radio station and are having some problems with the NIC cards we currently have with Windows 10 - apparently they (Intel CT model) are not supported by Windows 10.

Thanks!
    Ryan

:)

RAZ1973, Jun 12, 2017

2. Bluetooth audio lag on windows 10...

The issue is not with Windows, it's with the Bluetooth profiles and it's an inherent flaw within the bluetooth spec itself. Certain bluetooth profiles, like HSP, HFP, A2DP, etc... are processed in different ways and use different codecs, like SBC and aptX.
    These combinations of profiles and codecs introduce delay issues. What you want is the 'aptX low latency' codec (not just aptX) supported by both your headphones and your device. Most android phones support this but only a few headphones do. Very few tablets
    support this and hardly any laptops do at all.

It may be the case that your phone and headphones/speakers connect with a different profile than your laptop, causing you to perceive less latency, or a tolerable amount of latency. However, the only way it will be perfect is with aptX low latency. There
    are a few USB dongles you can get on Amazon. I ordered the Azio BTD-V401 to add aptX to my surface pro 3. The reviews seem to indicate it is the low latency codec but it doesn't say anywhere else, so we'll see. The Mac equivalent for this low latency business
    is W1, but you have to buy overpriced beats hardware to use it...

ModeForJoe, Jun 12, 2017
  3. Notlag939 Win User
    Support AptX Codec In lumia 650 and lumia 950 xl

If low latency is one of aptX properties, we can test with video playback, may we?

Notlag939, Jun 12, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

This turns out to be a more interesting question than I thought it might be, in this day and age when most people don't buy discrete network interface cards (NICs) very often. Try this Newegg search for some PCI-E NIC ideas, or check out these USB 3.0 options instead. I keep the number 1 item on the latter (the StarTech USB 3.0 to GbE adapter) around all the time because it helps me overcome "temporary loss of Ethernet" when an update knocks the built-in NIC out of action.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jun 12, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    A new network card is not going to solve issues when streaming from a website, especially local or remote radio stations. The issue is with the station making the stream at a low quality to keep people from recording and posting the the streams to Torrents. Also you have to take into account who you are using as an ISP and who they are using, etc..

Suggest you contact the radio station about quality issues.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Best NIC card for Windows 10 - low latency and affordable - Similar Threads - Best NIC card

2. Power Management Tab for Nic card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Management Tab for Nic card: I am trying to set up some new laptops for Wake on Lan that we just received for our school, and one of the settings is to configure Dell Precision Nic Card to wake the device up, which you should be able to do through the device manager, but the power management tab is...
  3. Power Management Tab for Nic card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Management Tab for Nic card: I am trying to set up some new laptops for Wake on Lan that we just received for our school, and one of the settings is to configure Dell Precision Nic Card to wake the device up, which you should be able to do through the device manager, but the power management tab is...
  4. Multiple vlan on nic card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple vlan on nic card: Hello,I need to connect multiple vlan on a single NIC card in a pc with windows 11, how can I do it?I have a nic intel 802.1q and on windows 10 I able to configure vlan with "Intel PROSet software de Windows PowerShell" but it seems that the tool is not available for windows...
  5. Multiple vlan on nic card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple vlan on nic card: Hello,I need to connect multiple vlan on a single NIC card in a pc with windows 11, how can I do it?I have a nic intel 802.1q and on windows 10 I able to configure vlan with "Intel PROSet software de Windows PowerShell" but it seems that the tool is not available for windows...
  6. NVIDIA Low Latency Mode not showing up on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA Low Latency Mode not showing up on Windows 10: [ATTACH]The NVIDIA Ultra Low Latency Mode in the NVIDIA Control Panel tweaks how the […] This article NVIDIA Low Latency Mode not showing up on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How to enable NVIDIA Low Latency Mode on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable NVIDIA Low Latency Mode on Windows 10: [ATTACH]The NVIDIA’s graphics driver now has a new feature called NVIDIA Ultra Low Latency […] This article How to enable NVIDIA Low Latency Mode on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. AptX Low latency support

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    AptX Low latency support: Hello I want to buy a Bluetooth pcie card. Must this card support aptx low latency, or is any one sufficient, because windows uses this Codec Thank you. submitted by /u/Roalkege [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h7o534/aptx_low_latency_support/
  9. Replacment Nic Card Troubles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Replacment Nic Card Troubles: Got A Question> I Have A Dell Latitude Laptop Running A Dell DW1501 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card Network Adapter PCI And Want to Upgrade The NIc Card But Can't Find A Replacemnet card For Under $25;00 Dose Anyone Have Any Suggestions As To Were to find A Intel NIC Card With...
  10. 'Wrong' Nic Card driver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'Wrong' Nic Card driver: Hi Guys I'm not sure what to do about this, whether to leave it as is and use the driver Windows thinks I should use or some how use the driver for the nic card I actually bought. The manufacturer appears not to have a Windows 10 driver and the one listed on their...