Windows 10: Best Practices for Regular PC Maintenance

Discus and support Best Practices for Regular PC Maintenance in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm surprised there's not a sticky for this, but can anyone recommend any software or a checklist to clean up junk on a PC on a regular basis besides... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Wombo, May 14, 2018.

1. Wombo Win User

Best Practices for Regular PC Maintenance

I'm surprised there's not a sticky for this, but can anyone recommend any software or a checklist to clean up junk on a PC on a regular basis besides cookies and cache? I'm referring to things like registry and defrag. I also feel like there's space and/or resources being used in the nooks and crannies of my machine unbeknownst to me that I can take care of.

:)

Wombo, May 14, 2018
  2. KSDN Win User

Best Practices with ActiveSync?

Hello,

This is the 3rd time I have done Factory Reset to get rid of a Calendar Alert issue. I was asked to reset by the HTC Customer Care and the problem got resolved.

But my problem is with some basic understanding with the Active Sync program, due to which I am unable to setup a good Sync mechanism. I recollect - once during the Sync process, it deleted some items from my Mobile and added the entries from Outlook.

So, what are the Best Practices to setup ActiveSync? Does this work in one direction or can we configure it both ways? Can I use ActiveSync with multiple PC's? Is there any site which has listed Best Practices, Tips and Tricks of using Outlook/ActiveSync.

I am using HTC Touch Viva.

Thanks & Regards,

Kamlesh | Blog |
    Twitter
    | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

3. Questions about Automatic Maintenance

Hi,

Kindly reply us with the below information.

• When you say "Automatic Maintenance" are you referring to System maintenance?

If you are referring to System maintenance, you can do on a regular basis,
    System maintenance is an ongoing activity, which covers a wide variety of activities, including removing program ,required to keep a computer system running properly.

Defragmentation you can run once a week on each drive. Schedule it to run at a time when the computer is likely to be on.

Thanks & regards.

Mohammed Ali.

Mohammed AliAli, May 16, 2018
Thema:

Best Practices for Regular PC Maintenance

1. Best Practices for Regular PC Maintenance - Similar Threads - Best Practices Regular

2. Defender for Endpoint - Best Practices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender for Endpoint - Best Practices: Hi,Where can I find a list of best practice settings for Defender for Endpoint agent settings as defined by Group Policy?I am currently reviewing the settings my org uses, and would also like to know if I have missed any settings too.Best regards,Dan...
  3. Defender for Endpoint - Best Practices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender for Endpoint - Best Practices: Hi,Where can I find a list of best practice settings for Defender for Endpoint agent settings as defined by Group Policy?I am currently reviewing the settings my org uses, and would also like to know if I have missed any settings too.Best regards,Dan...
  4. Defender for Endpoint - Best Practices

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. OneDrive best practice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive best practice: Previously, I could not use OneDrive and was using SyncToy. Now I can use OneDrive but getting it set up is the problem. I have over 100GB to transfer but to this point I haven't been able to get 1GB out of a 10GB folder. I'm using LAN, not wireless and have a fiber optic...
  6. OneDrive best practice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive best practice: Previously, I could not use OneDrive and was using SyncToy. Now I can use OneDrive but getting it set up is the problem. I have over 100GB to transfer but to this point I haven't been able to get 1GB out of a 10GB folder. I'm using LAN, not wireless and have a fiber optic...
  7. RDS WS2019, best practices

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDS WS2019, best practices: Good morning, I'd need to understand the best practices to deploy a RDS environment with 2 session hsts and 1 connection broker, The question in detail is: The Clients should connect RDP to Session hosts maybe with round robin DNS entries or to Connection broker?I cannot find...
  8. Best practices on PC monitor usage advice sought?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Best practices on PC monitor usage advice sought?: Hi, I have a 23" LCD monitor that has its own power adapter/brick that I use with my desktop PC as a Home PC. When I shutdown the PC overnight that obviously cuts the HDMI connection to the monitor so the monitor then goes to sleep. However, when in sleep mode the monitor...
  9. Best practices on PC monitor usage advice sought?

in Windows 10 Support
    Best practices on PC monitor usage advice sought?: Hi, I have a 23" LCD monitor that has its own power adapter/brick that I use with my desktop PC as a Home PC. When I shutdown the PC overnight that obviously cuts the HDMI connection to the monitor so the monitor then goes to sleep. However, when in sleep mode the monitor...
  10. best program for PC maintenance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    best program for PC maintenance: is there any program or anything I can do to get blazing fast performance? I have a couple questions... am I allowed to post system specs on here? do I have a decent video card? do I have a decent processor? im very good with computers, but not too familiar with hardware....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc maintenance schedule best practices

2. computer maintenance best practice windows

3. pc maintenance practices

4. pc maintenance best practice,
  5. 2018 best practice for rebooting workstations