Windows 10: Best/ Safest Way To Shutdown Windows Defender

Discus and support Best/ Safest Way To Shutdown Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Win 10 pro 1709. I use Bitdefender Total Security 2018 which I am comfortable with after having used Norton for years on the old machine. There are a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by phaedruspress, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Best/ Safest Way To Shutdown Windows Defender

Win 10 pro 1709. I use Bitdefender Total Security 2018 which I am comfortable with after having used Norton for years on the old machine. There are a multitude of links out there on shutting down, turning off, and even un-installing (though some claim doing this will result in dire circumstances since WD is so integrated with the OS) however I do not believe I need WD and would at the very least like to disable it's processes and services. Can anyone recommend the best way to go about doing this? Can I just safely DISABLE all of the WD services? For example I use BD firewall. I do not need WD firewall running. I do know that win 10 is smart enough to know that I am running BD and has auto turned off WD AV but I would like to get rid as much as possible all of WD. TIA.

Best/ Safest Way To Shutdown Windows Defender [​IMG]

:)

phaedruspress, Mar 15, 2018
  2. farby Win User

safest way to update software?

Though update thru' FOTA remains the safer option as mentioned by
    aspergerguy ..some updates will be provided ONLY thru' PC utilities..

farby, Mar 15, 2018
  3. help me URGENTLY !!!i disconted during my uplodating

unfortunately there is no way of recovering the device by you, i suggest you take it to nokia care and get the software reloaded, that is the best and safest way...so go to nokia care asap..

swayam5256, Mar 15, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member
  5. bo elam Win User
    phaedruspress, I used Option 2 of the first tutorial in the reply above to Turn off Windows defender It works perfectly well.

Bo

bo elam, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Best/ Safest Way To Shutdown Windows Defender

1. Best/ Safest Way To Shutdown Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Best Safest Shutdown

2. Safest way to make Macrium backups?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Safest way to make Macrium backups?: Although I do not think that it is relevant to this post, I am currently using Windows 10 Pro Version 1909, build 18363.836. For years, I've been making Macrium backups of my OS drive the easy way: running the program in Windows and making the backup. But I've bought a new...
  3. What are the best, safest, cheapest ways to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What are the best, safest, cheapest ways to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro?: I want to upgrade to windows10 pro. what are my best safest cheapest options dont want to loose anything I have. * Moved from Bing * Original title: i have a hp desktop windows 7...
  4. Safest Way to Convert Hundreds of *.xls to *.ods

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Safest Way to Convert Hundreds of *.xls to *.ods: Hi... I have successfully used -- and highly recommend -- MultiDoc Converter to convert hundreds of *.doc and *.docx to odt...and now I am searching for a similar product to download so I can convert batches of *.xls and *.xlsx to *.ods. I'd like to be able to do it by...
  5. Safest Way to Convert Hundreds of *.doc to *.odt

in Windows 10 Support
    Safest Way to Convert Hundreds of *.doc to *.odt: I want to convert a slew of *.doc documents to *.odt safely, easily (since I'm not as good as a techie), and from several folders. Is there a downloadable converter file will enable me to do this...perhaps folder by folder? As I browse through directories, I see that I have...
  6. Best way to shutdown machines automatically?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best way to shutdown machines automatically?: Hello, in a school enviroment, many computers are being left on over night. The machines have a group policy for 'User prefrence to put computers to sleep after X' time however this does not work when nobody is logged on and it sits on the login screen, tried to do this for...
  7. Best and safest way to Clean My Files

Best and safest way to Clean My Files: I have a lot of old and unwanted files on my comp and would be grateful if anyone could advise me which is the safest and best cleaner for a novice (Me) to use. 114229
  8. Best and safest Cleaner

Best and safest Cleaner: I have a lot of old and unwanted files on my comp and would be grateful if anyone could advise me which is the safest and best cleaner for a novice (Me) to use. 114229
  9. Best, easiest and safest way to start over

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Best, easiest and safest way to start over: It may be worth waiting a week until the new spring update is out as ISO so you install the latest version thus saving massive update
  10. what is the best and safest way to format a storage drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    what is the best and safest way to format a storage drive: I have my OS on an SSD and then I have 3 2 TB hard drives that I use to have a triple redundancy backup. I have one drive I save everything to and then I use a program called GoodSync to back up that main drive to two other drives. It is a bit overkill but I know I will have...