Windows 10: Best software to burn video files to DVD

Discus and support Best software to burn video files to DVD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey all, Windows 7 had a built in DVD maker that was very helpful in burning video (.avi?) files to DVD*, but the program is not supported in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DustSailor, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Best software to burn video files to DVD

Hey all,

Windows 7 had a built in DVD maker that was very helpful in burning video (.avi?) files to DVD*, but the program is not supported in Windows 10.

Burning the files straight to disk even from the media player app doesn't seem to allow the video to be played on normal DVD players.

*So either I am using the wrong format (.avi) and need to convert it, or I need software that can properly burn video files to disk as I need it to.

Any recommendations are most helpful. Thanks!

:)

DustSailor, Jan 12, 2016
  2. LadyD#3 Win User

Burning videos/photos files from Windows 10 to play on dvd player

What is the best third party dvd authoring software for Windows 10 that will not cause problems on my computer? I like to burn my video/photo files from my computer to a dvd that plays on a dvd player.

LadyD#3, Jan 12, 2016
  3. slance310 Win User
    DVD Playback

Hi,

Windows 10 will play DVDs just fine... Just not with WMP...

Windows Media Player will not play any type of DVD... Disk or Folder...

Basically, WMP will not play .MPEG2 and .vob files... The .vob files are the DVD version of .MPEG2 video files... WMP will play .MPEG2 files with 3rd party Codecs, but is still blocked from playing the .vob...

I actually don't know for sure about the Audio Book stuff... I've never used or read one... My best guess is that they are not effected... I doubt that they use DVD type file formats...

As far as burning the Audio Books to CD... I'm not sure of that either...

I don't use any of Microsoft's burning features with the possible exception of Windows Installation Media DVDs...

I've always used 3rd party burning software... Originally Win XP did not have the ability to burn anything, and required someone else's program to do so...

I became used to stuff like Nero, CyberLink, and a lot of other stuff to do that, and never even checked on Windows new burning ability...

I do know that from reading posts in the Forum that burning anything with Win 10 is a bit more complicated than it used to be...

As far as the DVDs... WMP will play video files that are saved on a DVD... as long as they are not actually DVD format video...

For instance... if a video was recorded as a .MP4 file, and that file was then burned to a DVD, WMP would play it... The issues is not the DVD Disk per se, but the nature of the files that are on it..

slance310, Jan 12, 2016
  4. Tacit Win User

Best software to burn video files to DVD

Maybe buy mom a low cost Blu-ray player

A blu-ray player will play the dvd if it is burnt as a data disc and will play a lot of formats (depending on the make)

A Data DVD will not play on a regular DVD Player unless it is compatible with the format of the files.

if you have a DVD Player that is JPEG compatible... it will recognize a Data DVD that contains JPEG Photos and play a slide show.

As a general rule when planning to play the DVD on a regular DVD Player..you would create a Video DVD which requires DVD Authoring software.

Tacit, Jan 12, 2016
  5. I did some testing on a blue ray player, to no avail. Do you have any free software recommendations?

DustSailor, Jan 12, 2016
  6. Tacit Win User
    I use this method to burn 3 or 4 movies to a disk and they play fine on my blu-ray player on does have to keep in mind the file size

Burn a CD or DVD

Tacit, Jan 12, 2016
  7. Are you using a different video format than I am (mine being .avi)? Because I did burn using the data disc method in media player, and it still didn't work. I tried burning .mp4 to disk in Windows and it also didn't work. So far, I've tested multiple burn attempts for different disks in Blu-ray and regular DVD players. So far, the videos only play on computers.

DustSailor, Jan 12, 2016
  8. Tacit Win User

What make and model blue-ray player are you using.

Tacit, Jan 12, 2016
  9. WHS
    whs Win User
    I like this one because the DVDs also play on normal DVD players and not only on PCs.

DVD Flick

10. Tacit Win User
    Place blank dvd or cd in burner
    You will be asked what you want to do with the disc.

"burn files to disk"

you will be asked "how do you want to use this disk?

"Like a USB Flash Drive

You can put a label on the disk

The burner will format the drive

You can then copy the files to the cd or dvd

Remember to burn as a USB flash drive, NOT as DVD

This will not play in a DVD player, it is a DATA disc not a DVD

works for me

Tacit, Jan 12, 2016
  11. I'm trying to burn a DVD and have it play in a normal DVD or bluray player connected to a TV. Burning from Windows doesn't seem to work, so I'm going to be giving DVD flick a try. I'll update this thread how it goes. Thank you so far for all the help!

DustSailor, Jan 12, 2016
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    Thanks for the link.. I'll check this out.

BunnyJ, Jan 12, 2016
  13. WHS
    whs Win User

14. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Jan 12, 2016
  15. And DVD Flick worked perfectly! Thanks!

DustSailor, Jan 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Best software to burn video files to DVD - Similar Threads - Best software burn

2. FREE DVD BURNING SOFTWARE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FREE DVD BURNING SOFTWARE: I have full movie files that are MP4 Video File (VLC) (.mp4) format. Is there a free software that I can use to burn theses files to dvd-r? I've tried; imgburn, winx dvd author, no results. Windows 10 home
  3. Best current burning software ?

Best current burning software ?: Hi all Just wondering which burning software is best now, been a while since I had to burn any discs, but currently doing thorough backups of important files to various media. I did previously use both Ashampoo studio & Cyberlink power2go. Does not have to be freeware,...
  4. Burn dvd playable videos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Burn dvd playable videos: Is there a non expensive way to burn a .mp4 or .mp2 file to a dvd that’s playable in a DVD player? I don’t have any dvd authoring software and on a tight budget. Wanting to burn some video files I took on my iPhone and give it to a family member on dvd. submitted by...
  5. burn files to dvd

in Windows 10 Customization
    burn files to dvd: i have a dvd burner it reads files it plays music and plays videos. I have two programs that will burn dvd and they both work went to Microsoft and download windows 10 it burned the dvd ok if I right click on a file I get the send to menu the dvd drive is not their I...
  6. Dell external dvd will not burn video dvd's.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell external dvd will not burn video dvd's.: My dell external DVD will not burn video dvd's. It will burn cd's using itunes but when I attempt to burn a video dvd, it copies it then tells me to put a blank dvd in the external drive. As soon as I do it ejects it and asks again for a blank dvd. I have used several...
  7. burning videos to DVD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    burning videos to DVD: hello, looking for help burning my iPhone videos to a DVD. I have windows movie maker - but no other dvd creator will install with Windows 10. It used to work on my old computer, but have no idea how to burn the files now. Whenever I try, it just burns the actual number...
  8. Cannot burn MP4 Video file to DVD drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot burn MP4 Video file to DVD drive: Not sure if this is the right Topic. Win 10 Pro Version 1809 Build 17763.55. DVD RW drive is Matshita DVD + RW UJ8E2 Dell Latitude E 6540 Laptop Created an MP4 File using Win Movie Maker and now trying to burn it to DVD RW drive. Right click file and choose send to the...
  9. Compatible DVD burning software?

Compatible DVD burning software?: Is there a DVD burning software that's compatible with Windows 10? Preferable a free one. I don't burn many, but I need one from time to time. 12480
  10. Burning DVD Video to DVD-R?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Burning DVD Video to DVD-R?: Hey guys, I'm running Windows 10 Pro here. I just created a DVD I want to play on a friend's DVD player using the app 'DVD Flick' and it's created 2 folders: "VIDEO_TS" and "AUDIO_TS", but I don't know how to put them onto a DVD...? I don't want to use a 3rd party app...