Windows 10: BEST Solution for Losing Internet Connection

Discus and support BEST Solution for Losing Internet Connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had my laptop running like hot butter until yesterday when after I ran CCleaner it suddenly decided to practically wipe my HDD clean. I don't know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gplea, May 18, 2016.

1. gplea Win User

BEST Solution for Losing Internet Connection

I had my laptop running like hot butter until yesterday when after I ran CCleaner it suddenly decided to practically wipe my HDD clean. I don't know what file it wiped out. NO, I did NOT have the Wipe Disk option check, but I checked everything else, which I've done before, and it never created that kind of disastrous result. So, to make a LOONG story short, I was finally able to get back online so I could download a Refresh install of Win10. So everything runs fine, except I keep on dropping my internet connection. This laptop is not even 6 months old, and I've already sent it back to ASUS and they replaced the wireless card because I had the same problem until about 2 weeks ago. Today, I've uninstalled the wireless drivers from Device Mgr., and restarted, but that didn't fix the problem. My question...at long last is, does anyone here have any creative ideas on how to fix this problem?

:)

gplea, May 18, 2016

2. The internet connection is lost in Windows 10

I shutdown every night. In the morning, I start Windows 10 and it makes no internet connection. I restart Windows 10 and the internet connection works - at least for a while. I often lose the connection randomly throughout the day and the only solution
    that I have found is to restart. Not a good solution.

RobMacmillan, May 18, 2016
  3. Loss of internet connection when I have many pages open.

Since I upgraded to Windows 10, every time that I use any web browser and have several tabs open, especially if they have videos in them, I lose my internet connection.

The only solution I have found is to restart the computer, but that only temporarily restores my connection. As soon as I have a high volume of internet use, I lose connection to the internet.

JosephMendizza, May 18, 2016
  4. garyb0125 Win User

Assuming you're using the latest and greatest wireless network drivers, I found that method 3 in the following tutorial helped resolve my issues with limited internet access, wireless connections dropping, etc.

garyb0125, May 18, 2016
  5. gplea Win User
    So, I tried the first one, but I'm still getting intermittent service. I know have the right drivers cuz Win10 64Bit are the only ones available from ASUS for this model, which is another frustrating story. Then I tried the #3 Solution, but when I tried the 1st of those 3 to disable the heuristics it gave me the following error message:
    Set global command failed on WSH The requested operation requires elevation (Run as administrator).
    Then, I tried the 2nd one, and I got this msg.
    Set global command failed on IPv4 The requested operation requires elevation (Run as administrator).

I also know I'm logged in as Admin because I checked in User Accounts, and it's NOT the Stnd Account, and that's the ONLY account I've got. What gives?

gplea, May 19, 2016
  6. garyb0125 Win User
    Right click the Windows Start button and then select Command Prompt (Admin). Run the commands there. When done, type "exit" (no quotes).

garyb0125, May 19, 2016
  7. gplea Win User
    Thanks, Gary. I don't have to have Win10 Pro to do this do I? Should I have Pro if I'm using it for Pro-Audio apps?

gplea, May 19, 2016
  8. garyb0125 Win User

Windows 10 Pro is not required for the elevated command prompt option. If the Pro Audio apps are coming from the Windows Store, they would specify if Win 10 Pro is required. I doubt that it is.

garyb0125, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BEST Solution for Losing Internet Connection - Similar Threads - BEST Solution Losing

2. Keep losing internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep losing internet connection: I have an Asus TUF laptop running Windows 11 version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3235. For the past few weeks it’s been losing the internet connection, and I have to restart to get back online. It was happening once every day, and is now getting more frequent. Can someone tell me the...
  3. Keep losing internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep losing internet connection: I have an Asus TUF laptop running Windows 11 version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3235. For the past few weeks it’s been losing the internet connection, and I have to restart to get back online. It was happening once every day, and is now getting more frequent. Can someone tell me the...
  4. losing internet connection everyday

in Windows 10 Gaming
    losing internet connection everyday: I keep losing my internet connection even im connected properly in my cable. I got a small room only but I keep losing internet. I have 100 MBPS subscription but it is loading too slow and disconnect. It happens everytime I play game while doing youtube. Please....
  5. losing internet connection everyday

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    losing internet connection everyday: I keep losing my internet connection even im connected properly in my cable. I got a small room only but I keep losing internet. I have 100 MBPS subscription but it is loading too slow and disconnect. It happens everytime I play game while doing youtube. Please....
  6. losing internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    losing internet connection: I have rogers ignite 150bps internet and have the pod signal boosters. Booster is 10 ft away from my Asus laptop. Running windows 10. Problem existed before upgrading my rogers service Periodically, laptop shows no wireless connection. I first make sure WLAN is on. When I...
  7. Connected but "No internet" Constantly losing internet connection

Connected but "No internet" Constantly losing internet connection: Dear Microsoft Community, I am not sure if this problem has been solved already, since I could not find anything related to that. So, once I am conneting to our WiFi network, I have a good working internet connection. I do that using my "Realtek RTL8192CE Wireless LAN...
  8. losing internet connection

losing internet connection: i made a post about my hp envy 360 losing connection to the internet after a recent update. was told to re set network adapter, that worked for a while, issue is back again. re setting adapter doesnt work. yet im making this post on my surface and dont lose connection, along...
  9. Internet connection lose

Internet connection lose: My PC won't stay connected to the internet? I checked all connections and everything is connected properly and my TV isn't having any problems with internet connection. Please advise because I'm not computer smart....
  10. Losing internet connection intermittently

Losing internet connection intermittently: For the past month or so, I've been losing my internet connection intermittently. This happens somewhat sporadically, but when it does the connection is interrupted for about 30 -45 seconds and then resumes, usually without my having to resort to Windows 10 troubleshooting....