Windows 10: Best Start Menus for Windows 10

Discus and support Best Start Menus for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the anniversary update, the start menu became crap. What are some good alternative start menu programs for windows 10, preferably one that looks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jj2016, Sep 2, 2016.

1. jj2016 Win User

Best Start Menus for Windows 10

After the anniversary update, the start menu became crap. What are some good alternative start menu programs for windows 10, preferably one that looks similar to windows 10's but allows pinning files to the start menu.

:)

jj2016, Sep 2, 2016

2. cannot left click om the window 10 start menu

I need to figure out the best approach to resolve the windows 10 start menu problem.

JonathanShapiro_994, Sep 2, 2016
  3. Start menu Windows 10 disappeared

• <Original title: Original Start menu>

• Best Start Menus for Windows 10 [​IMG]
      Start up menu windows 10 disappeared

Original title: Start up menu windows 10 does not appear anymore, none of the programs show up. All I have is a black drop window with a list of items. How can I get the original start menu back?

MartheCUSSON, Sep 2, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Sep 2, 2016
  5. jj2016 Win User
    I really like the tiles feature of default Windows 10 start menu. I wish some third party program allowed me to pin files as tiles on the Windows 10 start menu.

jj2016, Sep 2, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, wondering if you looked at any.. Start10 e.g.:
    Start10: Software from Stardock Corporation
    Start10: Software from Stardock Corporation

I've no idea what it's like personally so can't recommend.. you could try it and let us know..*Wink

In the list from the URL I posted above:
    The best alternative Start menus for Windows 10

dalchina, Sep 2, 2016
  7. jj2016 Win User
    They have "three" styles in Start10 (actually just two). The first two works but the third one just disables the program so that default Windows 10 start menu appears.

jj2016, Sep 3, 2016
  8. jj2016 Win User

jj2016, Sep 3, 2016
  9. just to let you all know that classic Shell 4.3 causes Redstone 2 explorer to crash and go into a re-start loop. Had to un-install classic shell and look for alternative. Going to try Start10 v 1.50 and see how that goes.
    @ediT ... Start10 causes a similar problem ... when i use the start menu search facility, then click on the find it causes a Explorer crash and re-start.

finally found one that works with Redstone 2 ... Iobit Start8 v4.021. This replacement so far works OK with Redstone 2.

bluemoon4ever, Apr 9, 2017
  10. JBGoode Win User
    Will it do that if I just have the Classic Start Menu installed and not the Classic Explorer? I opted out of that option when installing Classic Shell since I had no problem with the native Win 10 explorer. I like Classic shell and will not be happy if I can't use it.

JBGoode, Apr 12, 2017
  11. prikker Win User
    Classic Shell for me. Menuview. It opens up everything when you hover the pointer above documents or programs e.g.

prikker, Apr 12, 2017
  12. its nothing to do with classic Explorer, as that effects the browser explorer, not the explorer.exe that windows interface uses. i tried Classic Shell without Classic Explorer, and that just caused the same crash.

As i said in my post Iobit Start 8 (dont be fooled by the name) works just fine with Redstone 2 edition, and its pretty much the same as Classic Shell in most aspects. The only thing i find that it wont do is drag and drop things in the start menu, like dragging one program to another folder in the start menu. otherwise its 'liveable'.

bluemoon4ever, Apr 12, 2017
  13. JSheridan Win User

If your term 'Redstone 2' means the same as the Creator's Update then just FYI I'm using Classic Shell with the Creator's Update with no problems so far.

JSheridan, Apr 12, 2017
  14. Redstone 2 is the 'latest' version of Windows (build 15063) released in April 2017. which seems to be the one and the same edition. So i dont know why it crashes my explorer, and not your lol.

What is your version number, and Creators Update is advertised as build 15042.

bluemoon4ever, Apr 12, 2017
  15. JSheridan Win User
    My build is currently 15063.138.

JSheridan, Apr 12, 2017
Thema:

1. Best Start Menus for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Best Start Menus

2. Menus and start menu are constantly scrolling.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Menus and start menu are constantly scrolling.: When I right click on the taskbar or when I try to use the start menu, it continuously scrolls upward, as if the 'up' arrow is being held down. But it doesn't do it on websites or in programs, only in the windows functions. Even if the keyboard is unplugged. It just...
  3. How to Pin Settings Menus/Sub-Menus to Start or Task Bar ?

How to Pin Settings Menus/Sub-Menus to Start or Task Bar ?: I'm beginning to get into content creation and streaming, so I've been diving into thing like A/V capture and configuration. Had not realized Windows has finally gotten the point of being able to route specific apps audio to various different hardware and virtual interfaces....
  4. Start sub menus

in Windows 10 Support
    Start sub menus: stop Code: Start sub menus[/quote] in w10 134029
  5. Start menus & type to search

Start menus & type to search: Thought I would show what Win10 Start menus can be (& do, soon*). The content is a wee bit different because, one is 1903 & the other is the latest Fast Track Insider Build. *With the IB can see Start typing to search. This reminds of Win8 when one could just type 'in...
  6. Start menus settings not saving

Start menus settings not saving: I'm trying to change setting under personalization settings for the start menu to view as full start screen. I'm also trying to customize the apps on the start menu but the apps won't move to the move....
  7. Win10 Start Menu cascading menus

Win10 Start Menu cascading menus: Is it possible to have the cascading menus with Win 10 as were in Win7? You put your mouse over a folder and it opens up, I can't find out how to do this with 10. Many thanks 40037
  8. Cascading menus in Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Cascading menus in Start menu: Anyone know if I can get back cascading menu in Start menu - so I can access my folders and Word files. I really miss this from Win7. The search isn't good with Win10. I'd prefer to glide to a file from Start Menu, via the Documents folder, instead of having to use a...
  9. Enable or Disable Context Menus in the Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Context Menus in the Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Context Menus in the Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Context Menus in the Start Menu in Windows 10 You can open a context menu in the Start Menu by right clicking or pressing and holding on an app's tile on the Start screen or...
  10. Despite Windows 10, Third-Party Start Menus Will Live On

in Windows 10 News
    Despite Windows 10, Third-Party Start Menus Will Live On: Microsoft is bringing back the Start menu in Windows 10, and after the Windows 8 saga, when the majority of adopters looked for third-party alternatives to make the desktop look more familiar, some developers might be worried that nobody would ever use their apps again....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Redstone 2 ... Iobit Start8 v4.021