Windows 10: Best way for updates after clean install

Discus and support Best way for updates after clean install in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just did a clean install of Windows 10 (iso from July 16). Just wondering if there are any tricks like there was with Windows 7. Or should I just check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by copiman, Jan 22, 2017.

1. copiman Win User

Best way for updates after clean install

Just did a clean install of Windows 10 (iso from July 16). Just wondering if there are any tricks like there was with Windows 7. Or should I just check for updates normally and go with it? Right now the CPU is at 100% when checking for updates/downloading which is why I'm asking.

:)

copiman, Jan 22, 2017

2. What's the best way to Clean Install Windows 10 on my ACER All in One desktop Aspire ZC-102?

Hi Jeff,

As I understand you successfully upgraded and activated Windows 10 but you are facing issues regarding performance etc. due to which you wish to repair or reinstall Windows 10. By repair installation I understand you mean in-place upgrade or custom installation
    of Windows 10 meaning you wish to do a refresh on your system. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Before providing any steps I would recommend you to keep a back up of all the important files and documents.

If you are able to successfully login to Windows 10, then you can try a refresh which would be a fresh installation of your OS.

Refresh is part of reset in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/refresh-is-part-of-reset-in-windows-10

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jan 22, 2017
  3. Jeff A. Davis, Jan 22, 2017
  4. Best way for updates after clean install

Should be ok just to download updates. There has been a number of updates from July which is probably why CPU is high. Expect a very long time to let all updates download and install to get to the stage where they are all up to date.

If you are concerned about the CPU temperature, maybe only let the update window show and close all other windows. You could also see if you could close any background programs by looking down at the bottom right corner of the screen (all background programs by clicking the '^' arrow)

ellellell1, Jan 22, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    It may be quicker to go and get latest iso and just install over the top you wont loose anything 6 months of updates can take a long time check date of new iso

Samuria, Jan 22, 2017
  6. Very true. As some updates might require you to restart the computer, hence having to restart multiple times before proceeding to the next batch of updates.

ellellell1, Jan 22, 2017
  7. pparks1 Win User
    Microsoft in my opinion doesn't release enough ISO's with updates. I slipstream mine in myself about once per year, and install from that media.

pparks1, Jan 22, 2017
  8. Best way for updates after clean install

I recently rebuilt this system from the mobo up and a new M.2 OS drive and had thought it would take awhile to download a lot of updates. I installed a new full version of Win 10 from USB and where updates were concerned however it went very quickly as MS did not install "six months worth of updates" for which see below. Really only two critical OS KBs installed on the day of the build (1/8/2017) and another two days later another cumulative update that everyone else got as well. I'd say that they are cumulative in the sense that what was not already installed will be installed from the update. This does seem different from what I remember with Win 7 and having many updates to install if you went the WU route rather than use an ISO.

wordsworth, Jan 22, 2017
  9. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Jan 22, 2017
  10. Steve C Win User
    You should get the latest cumulative update plus other updates automatically which shouldn't take too long. When the update is complete and you have checked the OS is stable, I recommend you make and archive a system image of the clean install using something like Macrium Reflect Free. Then make and archive another image when you have installed your programs.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Best way for updates after clean install

1. Best way for updates after clean install - Similar Threads - Best updates clean

2. What is the best way to re-install Windows 10 clean install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the best way to re-install Windows 10 clean install?: Is there a difference between re-installing Windows 10 from a USB flash drive where the .ISO is stored, and re-installing Windows 10 from the settings, "Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Get started" using the Cloud download option?People in IT forums keep telling...
  3. What is the best way to re-install Windows 10 clean install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best way to re-install Windows 10 clean install?: Is there a difference between re-installing Windows 10 from a USB flash drive where the .ISO is stored, and re-installing Windows 10 from the settings, "Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Get started" using the Cloud download option?People in IT forums keep telling...
  4. Best way to fully clean the register?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to fully clean the register?: Hi, I would like to fully clean my register, i have some Issues with malware. Fully clean windows wipe and reinstall don't affect the register. Is there any software that does this? Doing it manually would take ages :/. https://imgur.com/a/CucSQ9o submitted by...
  5. Best way to perform a clean installation...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best way to perform a clean installation...: I'm running Win 10 Pro Insider 2004 (19564.1005) and I've been noticing little problems here and there. These are very small, but at the same time, can be frustrating. Performance degradation to the point of being non usable and having to reboot, windows update doesn't always...
  6. Best way to perform a clean installation...

in Windows 10 Support
    Best way to perform a clean installation...: I'm running Win 10 Pro Insider 2004 (19564.1005) and I've been noticing little problems here and there. These are very small, but at the same time, can be frustrating. Performance degradation to the point of being non usable and having to reboot, windows update doesn't always...
  7. Best way to clean my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Best way to clean my PC: Hey, So in 2017 i got my gaming pc It has an i5-7600k 1070 ti 16gb ram and more, so its a good pc. When i got it, it ran beautifully.. I could boot in 7 seconds.... But over time, especially now. Its really slow, it has troubles loading chrome etc I know it's not my...
  8. Best Way to Install Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Best Way to Install Updates?: I would like to get a mini poll here on how people would install Windows 10 Updates? For now, I set it to Auto Download and Notify to Install from the Group Policy settings since I have the Pro version. Please provide me some feedback on how you guys do the Windows...
  9. Best way to partition a clean install?

Best way to partition a clean install?: I'm likely to want to do a complete clean install, perish the thought. Or maybe I'll get a new computer. This one was fast and loaded, but it's about 6 years old now. Same considerations will apply in both cases I think. I just ran Macrium to backup Win, and find the...
  10. Best way to clean install windows 10

Best way to clean install windows 10: Yes, I've read many articles, but what do you think is the best way? 57389