Windows 10: Best way to add custom tiles?

Discus and support Best way to add custom tiles? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've seen some different solutions, but I've been wondering what really is the absolute best way to add your own custom tiles to the start menu.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by orepuck, Aug 30, 2015.

1. orepuck Win User

Best way to add custom tiles?

I've seen some different solutions, but I've been wondering what really is the absolute best way to add your own custom tiles to the start menu. Hopefully without having it open a separate program everytime you want to use one of your own. Currently Windows 10 makes all the icons smaller which I absolutely hate.

Here's what I am talking about:

Best way to add custom tiles? [​IMG]

:)

orepuck, Aug 30, 2015

2. Best way to add a hard drive

I have a 250GB (M2 SDD) hard drive that has windows installed on it and it is full (applications mostly, not much data or media). I would like to add another M2 SSD for more storage space. How do you recommend that I add it?

The simplest method would be just to add the new drive as a separate drive. For as long as I can remember, however, I have had windows, all the applications, and all my data in one partition. Is there a downside to installing applications on to a separate
    drive? (i.e. will some applications not work properly or refuse to install on a separate drive?)

The next most difficult method would be to move the windows installation from the old drive to the new drive and just replace the old drive with the new drive. Of course I end up not using all my storage.

The most difficult method would seem to be to use Windows Storage Spaces to combine the two drives into one drive. Although this would be my preference, it also appears to be the most complicated (from what I read, adding drives to a Storage Pool erases
    the drives in the process).

Thoughts?

Caviar0077, Aug 30, 2015
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Best way to add a hard drive

There is a difference between disk and drive. There can be many drives on a disk but very few have more than 1 disk on 1 drive.

My desktop has a 500GB disk and it has 7 drives.

If there is a problem with the OS it does not effect the other drives usually. Most of my drives other than the System(CBest way to add custom tiles? :) drive are filled with data. I have one for photos, one for photos backup, one for general data, one for special data and one just
    there.

lacrumb, Aug 30, 2015
  4. wiretap Win User

Only solution I've seen is 3rd party apps like TileCreator, sure it opens but it's like half a second and if you drag the program into the corner beneath your taskbar you won't ever see it.

wiretap, Aug 31, 2015
  5. Durahl Win User
    Right now I use a combination of Pin More from the Windows Store and it's "extension" Snowy Dune Launcher which you can download from the Web. Pin More, unlike TileCreator, allows the configuration AND actual use of Wide and Large Tiles.

Problem, like with TileCreator, is that you need some sort of Extension in order to to launch an *.exe which is where the Snowy Dune Launcher comes into play. TileCreator calls it TileCreatorProxy or something which I believe is an AutoHotkey.

For Websites you can use Pin More alone. For Games/Programs you basically start with Snowy Dune Launcher for the Shortcut which then gets passed on to Pin More with a click of a button where you continue with the Artwork of the Tile.

Kinda wish they'd manage to get Apps like Pin More/TileCreator to run entirely hidden in the Taskbar but for now I guess it's the best we can get right now.

Durahl, Sep 1, 2015
  6. you can use wintiler from windows store it works quite good and needs no process to stay running in the background...

martirio3000, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Best way to add custom tiles? - Similar Threads - Best add custom

2. Best way to add external storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Best way to add external storage: I am looking forward to making a lot more video files. Since they are 50 times larger than document files I am considering ways to add external storage to my Windows 10 PCs. I am experimenting with two 2 TB external hard drives made by JMicron. After I attached them to USB...
  3. Is there a way to add custom emojis?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to add custom emojis?: I've been using the emoji menu (WIN + .) to good effect for note taking and categorizing. I was wondering if there was a way to add custom emojis so I have more choices I can use. Is this possible to do? submitted by /u/TheInsaneDump [link] [comments]...
  4. Create custom tile for web link? With custom image on tile?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create custom tile for web link? With custom image on tile?: I want to make a tile for a web link to a site. I can find old instructions to do that natively using the Edge browser. A 2015 CNET article gives instructions for doing this for Firefox. I don't know if the information I found still works. My preference would be to use the...
  5. Is Better Startmenu still the best way to have custom tiles in your start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Better Startmenu still the best way to have custom tiles in your start menu?: I've been getting some strange bugs with better startmenu for a while now and was wondering if someone came up with a better way to customize tiles for the start menu? submitted by /u/KevlarBoxers [link] [comments]...
  6. Best way to add- change the current icon a custom icon for a shortcut

Best way to add- change the current icon a custom icon for a shortcut: After trying several different variations found posted on the web and not getting what i needed, I hope someone here might know the solution. I am working with a long script that in its final steps creates a shortcut to a website which works as needed but the same script...
  7. Creating Custom Tiles?

Creating Custom Tiles?: I can't seem to locate a program that will allow me to make a custom sized tile with a custom image that will allow me to link a program to the tile. The program I know of called WinTileR is no longer available and I now don't have any idea of what to do. 126604
  8. Custom Tiles yet?

Custom Tiles yet?: Greetings! Does anyone know of a way to customize the Tiles of Windows 10 like how it's currently possible when using OblyTile in Windows 8.1? While I'm really liking the concept of Tiles I, in general, do not like how they look like as everything end up a huge mess of...
  9. Custom Tiles, no really, custom "tiles" see pic.

Custom Tiles, no really, custom "tiles" see pic.: I didn't find a post about this, only about the number and layout of the tiles so I'm sharing what I found. [img] Source: Win10Tile: Create Custom Start Menu Tiles In Windows 10 Pretty easy, you go find some box art or other art you like for your game/app and save...
  10. Any way to make/add custom tiles?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to make/add custom tiles?: Is there anyway to make tiles for Win10? Pinning apps to the start menu looks horrible.. 10525