Windows 10: Best way to clean install windows 10

Discus and support Best way to clean install windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yes, I've read many articles, but what do you think is the best way? 57389 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CandleJakk, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Best way to clean install windows 10

Yes, I've read many articles, but what do you think is the best way?

:)

CandleJakk, Jul 25, 2016

2. What's the best way to Clean Install Windows 10 on my ACER All in One desktop Aspire ZC-102?

Hi Jeff,

As I understand you successfully upgraded and activated Windows 10 but you are facing issues regarding performance etc. due to which you wish to repair or reinstall Windows 10. By repair installation I understand you mean in-place upgrade or custom installation
    of Windows 10 meaning you wish to do a refresh on your system. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Before providing any steps I would recommend you to keep a back up of all the important files and documents.

If you are able to successfully login to Windows 10, then you can try a refresh which would be a fresh installation of your OS.

Refresh is part of reset in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/refresh-is-part-of-reset-in-windows-10

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jul 25, 2016
  3. Jeff A. Davis, Jul 25, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Best way to clean install windows 10

There are only two ways to clean install - boot from a usb drive or dvd.

or

Do you mean it's final destination when installed ie on a separate drive, partition, virtual hard drive etc.

cereberus, Jul 25, 2016
  5. I just wanna start fresh

CandleJakk, Jul 25, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 25, 2016
  7. Quote: "Before you get started installing Windows 10, be sure that you temporarily UEFI firmware settings until finished. Some motherboards do not support booting from a USB flash drive with these enabled. "

Is it really necessary?

CandleJakk, Jul 25, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

It is if you want the installation to be successful. You can enable them again after the installation has finished though.

Brink, Jul 25, 2016
  9. cereberus Win User
    Not possible to really answer as the statement does say "some" i.e. it is conditional!

So if your mobo does not support them then yes, otherwise no.

You can try without of course first if you do not know.

cereberus, Jul 25, 2016
  10. It's basically USB or CD recognition, right?

CandleJakk, Jul 25, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I would recommend using a USB flash drive if clean installing Windows 10 with UEFI.

Brink, Jul 25, 2016
  12. So ultimately, enable or disable?

CandleJakk, Jul 25, 2016
  13. cereberus Win User

The question has been answered!

For clarity - disable. Then when installed, reenable.

cereberus, Jul 25, 2016
  14. Rocky Win User
    I have an Asus Z97-A motherboard and I have never disabled Secure Boot or fast boot. It is hardware dependent.

Rocky, Jul 25, 2016
  15. cereberus Win User
    The point is disabling it will work on any mobo. Not disabling it will only work on some mobos.

cereberus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Best way to clean install windows 10 - Similar Threads - Best clean install

2. What is the best way to re-install Windows 10 clean install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the best way to re-install Windows 10 clean install?: Is there a difference between re-installing Windows 10 from a USB flash drive where the .ISO is stored, and re-installing Windows 10 from the settings, "Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Get started" using the Cloud download option?People in IT forums keep telling...
  3. What is the best way to re-install Windows 10 clean install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best way to re-install Windows 10 clean install?: Is there a difference between re-installing Windows 10 from a USB flash drive where the .ISO is stored, and re-installing Windows 10 from the settings, "Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Get started" using the Cloud download option?People in IT forums keep telling...
  4. What is the best way to re-install Windows 10 clean install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Best way to perform a clean installation...

Best way to perform a clean installation...: I'm running Win 10 Pro Insider 2004 (19564.1005) and I've been noticing little problems here and there. These are very small, but at the same time, can be frustrating. Performance degradation to the point of being non usable and having to reboot, windows update doesn't always...
  6. Best way to perform a clean installation...

in Windows 10 Support
    Best way to perform a clean installation...: I'm running Win 10 Pro Insider 2004 (19564.1005) and I've been noticing little problems here and there. These are very small, but at the same time, can be frustrating. Performance degradation to the point of being non usable and having to reboot, windows update doesn't always...
  7. Best way for updates after clean install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Best way for updates after clean install: Just did a clean install of Windows 10 (iso from July 16). Just wondering if there are any tricks like there was with Windows 7. Or should I just check for updates normally and go with it? Right now the CPU is at 100% when checking for updates/downloading which is why I'm...
  8. Best way to partition a clean install?

Best way to partition a clean install?: I'm likely to want to do a complete clean install, perish the thought. Or maybe I'll get a new computer. This one was fast and loaded, but it's about 6 years old now. Same considerations will apply in both cases I think. I just ran Macrium to backup Win, and find the...
  9. Best way to Have a Clean Installation on a new Windows 10 tablet

Best way to Have a Clean Installation on a new Windows 10 tablet: Hi everybody! I recently got a great deal on an HP Pavilion X2 10- 2 in 1 that came with Windows 10. As it is a secondary computer and going to replace an Android tablet as my primary portable solution, I'm trying to achieve the max. amount of free storage space own the...
  10. Best way to maybe do a clean install of windows 10

Best way to maybe do a clean install of windows 10: Hello guys and gals, with the new year approaching, i was wondering if it would be a good time to do a clean install of Windows 10, I do have a few small irritating issues with my current main machine, i don't know if it is due to the recent fall upgrade or not, I do have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clean installation windows 10 best method