Windows 10: Best Way to Install Updates?

Discus and support Best Way to Install Updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I would like to get a mini poll here on how people would install Windows 10 Updates? For now, I set it to Auto Download and Notify to Install from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by win10freak, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Best Way to Install Updates?

I would like to get a mini poll here on how people would install Windows 10 Updates?
    For now, I set it to Auto Download and Notify to Install from the Group Policy settings since I have the Pro version.

Please provide me some feedback on how you guys do the Windows Updates on Win10.

:)

win10freak, Jan 28, 2016
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jan 28, 2016
  3. The Best way to install Unbuntu?

I'm developing a game for Windows PC, and I'm currently working on a port for Linux and I need to test it. I have ubuntu but trying to use it has been a nightmare. The OS doesn't run well in a VM (and I can run VMs, btw), and trying to install it on a dual-boot system
    has proven problematic. I need to use Ubuntu to test the game, but I can't get Linux to run.

I was thinking of using the Linux Subsystem, but that's command-based and I need a GUI.

Can anyone help me?

PatrickBlakeMason, Jan 28, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Best Way to Install Updates?

Hi:

Best Way to Install Updates? [​IMG]

Best Way to Install Updates? [​IMG]

-and prior to an upgrade I would aim to create or update a disk image.

dalchina, Jan 29, 2016
  5. Notify before download, I prefer to have an option to block it, before even downloading it.
    Just the last update .63 resulted in a restart loop, I had to reinstall to be able to install it.
    I like to wait a few days before I install, due to the problems in past years, it gets worse.

TairikuOkami, Jan 29, 2016
  6. I have it set now to Notify before download as you suggested.
    But, what will happen if I get notified of a pending download of an update and choose to skip that download if I decide I do not want it?
    Will I get constantly getting the Windows Update notifications for that particular download that I skipped to download?
    If yes, then that would be really annoying...

win10freak, Jan 29, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    See: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Best Way to Install Updates?

1. Best Way to Install Updates? - Similar Threads - Best Install Updates

2. Best way to migrate install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to migrate install?: Helping my son upgrade his W10 PC. He's moving to an all-new system -- everything except for his SSD. His original system is at least 7 years old, so I'm sure it has a ton of outdated drivers and code from when he was still running W7. Few questions: First question is just...
  3. Best way to perform a clean installation...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best way to perform a clean installation...: I'm running Win 10 Pro Insider 2004 (19564.1005) and I've been noticing little problems here and there. These are very small, but at the same time, can be frustrating. Performance degradation to the point of being non usable and having to reboot, windows update doesn't always...
  4. Best way to update

Best way to update: What is the most trouble free way to update Windows? Regular ol' Windows Update, Update Assistant or ISO? 139744
  5. Best way for updates after clean install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Best way for updates after clean install: Just did a clean install of Windows 10 (iso from July 16). Just wondering if there are any tricks like there was with Windows 7. Or should I just check for updates normally and go with it? Right now the CPU is at 100% when checking for updates/downloading which is why I'm...
  6. Best way for Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Best way for Updates: Hello all, did a Google search and just can't find a lot of answers on this so here I am Right now using WHdownload to keep up with updates,not sure this is the best way to go. Have 3 computer in house so moving updates from one to other to save data downloading. When...
  7. Best Way to Install Office 2016?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Best Way to Install Office 2016?: I currently have a licence for Office 2010 for 3 PCs installed on 3 PCs. I want to retire Office 2010 on my main desktop PC and use Office 2016 instead for which I've bough a cheap single PC licence. I then want to use the spare Office 2010 licence on a fourth PC (but only...
  8. Best way to update drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Best way to update drivers: Best way to update drivers I recently purchase a laptop and want to know a few things about driver update Firstly i discovered there a few ways by which one can update drivers but i want too know which one of these is better and should be preferred : 1) Driver...
  9. Best way to partition a clean install?

Best way to partition a clean install?: I'm likely to want to do a complete clean install, perish the thought. Or maybe I'll get a new computer. This one was fast and loaded, but it's about 6 years old now. Same considerations will apply in both cases I think. I just ran Macrium to backup Win, and find the...
  10. Best Way To Fix Corrupt Install

in Windows 10 Support
    Best Way To Fix Corrupt Install: I think we've got a corrupt Win10 install here. A new Seagate drive had bad sectors maybe. Had all sorts of problems. So I reckon a reinstall or something. What would be the recommended way of going about this? 81415