Windows 10: Best way to revert to Build 1511?

Discus and support Best way to revert to Build 1511? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have currently AU installed and do not have any longer the option "Roll Back" to 1511. I have a System Image from AU with the option to Roll-Back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Adalwar, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Adalwar Win User

Best way to revert to Build 1511?

I have currently AU installed and do not have any longer the option "Roll Back" to 1511.

I have a System Image from AU with the option to Roll-Back to 1511. Will that work, or System will Delete at once that Option when I start from it?

Are there other options?

:)

Adalwar, Sep 12, 2016

2. Unable to rename a file or folder after windows 10 upgrade

Thanks for the response. A recent update was pushed through. Not sure of the build. What's the best way to check that? No error was displayed. It essentially just reverted to the folder name.

KaranMishra_9, Sep 12, 2016
  3. Best Way To Update To Anna ?

By the way I updated OTA

no1_slumko, Sep 12, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

You could try the following, I suppose:
    a. image what you have now
    b. Disconnect your internet, restore your image, perhaps change the system clock, and try it.
    c. If it works, and you have Pro, defer the upgrade.
    d. Let us know the outcome.

Now there may be those here who would regard this as not complying with the strict letter of the law- so the decision is yours. I can't comment on the legality.

Yes, there is another option.
    a. Image what you have now.
    b. Clean install 1511
    c. Using the appropriate Laplink product and your image, transfer your programs and settings etc to your new build.

dalchina, Sep 12, 2016
  5. Bree New Member
    I make sure my system is completely up to date then image it before applying a major upgrade. I haven't yet reverted to my 1511 image, but some of the AU 'glitches' have sorely tempted me to do so. I still have the system image from 12040 but, apart from idle curiosity, can't think of any reason I'd want to restore that one.

I do however keep an image of Windows 7 as it was before the free upgrade. That one has been restored to a spare hard drive that I occasionally put back in to keep its updates current. Useful as a reference for support purposes - plus it's my fall-back should MS ever make Win10 a subscription service. *Smile

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Best way to revert to Build 1511? - Similar Threads - Best revert Build

2. Which is, the best way?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which is, the best way?: My omputer is a laptop. Running Windows 10.I've been using notepad. But I'm looking, for something better?There are so many choices. Word, Wordpad, Notepad, Notepad 2, Notepad++I prefer Wordpad because you could click on links. But here's the problemafter I open it I copied...
  3. Which is, the best way?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which is, the best way?: My omputer is a laptop. Running Windows 10.I've been using notepad. But I'm looking, for something better?There are so many choices. Word, Wordpad, Notepad, Notepad 2, Notepad++I prefer Wordpad because you could click on links. But here's the problemafter I open it I copied...
  4. What's the best way to revert off this 1903 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's the best way to revert off this 1903 update?: I received an update and now my computer wifi reads like it's full bars but according to the task manager networking graph I'm capped at like 100kbs, effectively rendering my internet useless (Intel wifi stick). I looked up some solutions online but none of them have seemed...
  5. Best way to go about reverting/refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Best way to go about reverting/refreshing: Hey Folks, Recently I found out my insider hadn't updated in a while due to a glitch, got it all up to date a while back, did a few more updates but then tried to play a few games and found out that EasyAntiCheat does not play well with the recent batch of updates. So yeah i...
  6. Best way for Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Best way for Updates: Hello all, did a Google search and just can't find a lot of answers on this so here I am Right now using WHdownload to keep up with updates,not sure this is the best way to go. Have 3 computer in house so moving updates from one to other to save data downloading. When...
  7. Best Way to Build A New Win10 Machine.

in Windows 10 Support
    Best Way to Build A New Win10 Machine.: I have this Gigabyte B75M-D3V board and an i3 cpu. And a new Seagate 1T hard drive. The drive is totally new. Hasn't been formatted or anything at all. What's the best way for me to get from here to a working Win10 system? I can't connect it to the internet right...
  8. Need to revert from Build 1511 (10586.36) to 10240

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to revert from Build 1511 (10586.36) to 10240: The 1511 build installed yesterday and since then I have been having trouble booting up computer in AM. It gets stuck with an arrow on a black screen. I have to turn off PC and turn back on for it to boot up into windows. Even then, it takes forvever. I want to revert back...
  9. New Build with new and old parts, best way to install...

New Build with new and old parts, best way to install...: Hey guys, I am rebuilding my systems, going to take apart the two I have now and build a new one with new parts as well as old parts from the two systems, its mostly going to be new parts. The system specs I have in this forum is of the PC that I use to...
  10. Best way to upgrade to newest build?

Best way to upgrade to newest build?: What would be the best way to upgrade to the newest build from 9926? Just wanting to ask. 4787