Windows 10: Best way to Transfer Win 10 1709 disk to another box

Discus and support Best way to Transfer Win 10 1709 disk to another box in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have been having update and other problems with 10 and even with all the great Ten Forum help, Win will not update. I would like to explore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ozstar, Nov 20, 2017.

1. ozstar Win User

Best way to Transfer Win 10 1709 disk to another box

Hi,

I have been having update and other problems with 10 and even with all the great Ten Forum help, Win will not update.

I would like to explore the possibility of moving the o/s disk into another box I have as I believe the problem is not with Win itself but with the older box and drivers.

What do I need to do to make this happen please?

I have so many programs in it I cannot even think of a new fresh install and re installing these programs.

I see this as a plan, to at least to see if it is the box.

Thanks

:)

ozstar, Nov 20, 2017

2. Best way to transfer music to N96

Think I'll copy and pasting the music files in. Not the most "elegant" of ways but I've tried WMP and Nokia Music Manager and both have big draw-backs.

I've found a program that makes tagging the MP3's easy so I'll make sure I have everything properly tagged and transfer over later today. Fingers crossed!

dreamteam---01, Nov 20, 2017
  3. Best way to transfer music to N96

You could also use nokia music manager when you put the tracks to you phone you can change this info very fast and easy and with the arrow keys on your keyboard you can scroll between the info fields.

It still is an awfull lot of work if you have a couple of hundred like me. you better get legal music and let wmp11 look the info up for you. It will make a internet connection, looks up wich album is in the tray and gets the disc info. if you then copy
    it to your hard drive you get the correct info in the mp3 files.

Or you could buy albums on nokia music store and download the mwa files with the correct info in the files.

sygys---01, Nov 20, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

If what you have on that drive is really important, and it sounds like it is, I would put a new drive in the second computer, and clone the original disk to the new drive. Unless the second computer already has a digital license for that same version of Windows, it will deactivate.

Otherwise, just move the physical drive over and let Windows 10 adjust itself to the new hardware.

NavyLCDR, Nov 20, 2017
  5. ozstar Win User
    Thank you for the help.

I have just found out the 2nd box does actually have a clean unused version of Win 10 on its drive. It is totally acceptable to the latest 10.

I guess I can clone the orig Win drive to yet another free drive then replace it in the 2nd box to see if it accepts the change.

This will leave me with a box without any o/s drive and a free Win 10 drive.

If the move works I can maybe update the orig box then use the free Win 10 drive in it.

Sounds a bit confusing but at least it will give me my programs etc in a good working box.

oz

ozstar, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Best way to Transfer Win 10 1709 disk to another box - Similar Threads - Best Transfer 1709

2. BEST WAY to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BEST WAY to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10: best way to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 /11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-way-to-upgrade-from-win-81-to-win-10/f302bff3-e408-4421-83b7-3833b7d7ab06
  3. BEST WAY to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BEST WAY to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10: best way to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 /11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-way-to-upgrade-from-win-81-to-win-10/f302bff3-e408-4421-83b7-3833b7d7ab06
  4. Best way to transfer OS to SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best way to transfer OS to SSD?: I am running out of hard drive space due to installing too many games from various giveaways over the last two years.I went to install a second hard drive, only to find that there is no bay for a second conventional hard drive and no place to put/mount the second drive even...
  5. Best way to transfer OS to SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best way to transfer OS to SSD?: I am running out of hard drive space due to installing too many games from various giveaways over the last two years.I went to install a second hard drive, only to find that there is no bay for a second conventional hard drive and no place to put/mount the second drive even...
  6. Best way to transfer OS to SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Best way to transfer Windows 10 operating system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best way to transfer Windows 10 operating system: Just brought a m.2 drive, I want to transfer the the Windows 10 operating system, and drivers from my SSD drive to the new m.2 drive.Would like to keep all other files on the SSD, what's the best way to do this?...
  8. What is the best way to access another drive with another windows?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is the best way to access another drive with another windows?: I have an HDD with windows 10 and just got an SSD with a fresh w10 install. Normally I would reboot to choose which drive to load from. Then move it from Documents to public so I can transfer it. Is there a better way for me to retrieve data from the HDD and move it to...
  9. best way to transfer windows 10 files to new computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    best way to transfer windows 10 files to new computer: whats the better method to transfer windows 10 files to new computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/best-way-to-transfer-windows-10-files-to-new/2922c285-4f96-485e-8e12-20c76c191411
  10. Best way to transfer files and programs between two Win 10 PCs?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best way to transfer files and programs between two Win 10 PCs?: I just received a new Win 10 PC with a 500 Gb SSD for my primary drive (OS and programs) and an internal 1Tb conventional HDD for my data (library). I would like to transfer my programs and files from my existing Win 10 PC to my new PC. My existing PC has two conventional...