Windows 10: best way to transfer windows 10 files to new computer

Discus and support best way to transfer windows 10 files to new computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; whats the better method to transfer windows 10 files to new computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by P RichardPoulin, Aug 12, 2018.

1. best way to transfer windows 10 files to new computer

whats the better method to transfer windows 10 files to new computer

:)

P RichardPoulin, Aug 12, 2018
  2. LonGun Win User

Need Help Files Transfer

I have a computer running Windows XP Home Edition. That computer has two internal HDDs:

The 1st HDD is C:\ that running Windows. And it has 20GB total of capacity.
    The 2nd HDD is D:\ that is empty. And it has 90GB total of capacity.

The C:\ drive is almost run out of space (full). Is there a way I can transfer everything in the C:\ drive to the D:\ drive and begin to use the D:\ drive from there on as primary drive?
    Can the Windows Files Transfer feature in XP transfer everything I have in C:\ to D:\? If it cannot, then which way can I use to perform the above step?

Thank you.

LonGun, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 12, 2018
  4. best way to transfer windows 10 files to new computer

Best way to transfer files and programs from old windows 10 computer to new windows10 computer

Best way to transfer files and programs from old windows 10 computer to new windows10 computer?

RichardFarrow69, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

best way to transfer windows 10 files to new computer

1. best way to transfer windows 10 files to new computer - Similar Threads - best transfer files

2. Failing HD , best/quickest way to transfer over 1TB of files to new drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failing HD , best/quickest way to transfer over 1TB of files to new drive: I have 3 HD , 1 is SSD on my board , 250gb , I use this strictly for Windows 10 and the minimal programs that require to be on the Windows drive Next is a 2TB SATA drive I put ALL my "Programs" on Next is another 2TB SATA drive I put ALL "My Documents" on ..... The drive for...
  3. Failing HD , best/quickest way to transfer over 1TB of files to new drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failing HD , best/quickest way to transfer over 1TB of files to new drive: I have 3 HD , 1 is SSD on my board , 250gb , I use this strictly for Windows 10 and the minimal programs that require to be on the Windows drive Next is a 2TB SATA drive I put ALL my "Programs" on Next is another 2TB SATA drive I put ALL "My Documents" on ..... The drive for...
  4. Best way to transfer OS to SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best way to transfer OS to SSD?: I am running out of hard drive space due to installing too many games from various giveaways over the last two years.I went to install a second hard drive, only to find that there is no bay for a second conventional hard drive and no place to put/mount the second drive even...
  5. Best way to transfer OS to SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best way to transfer OS to SSD?: I am running out of hard drive space due to installing too many games from various giveaways over the last two years.I went to install a second hard drive, only to find that there is no bay for a second conventional hard drive and no place to put/mount the second drive even...
  6. Best way to transfer OS to SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Best way to transfer Windows 10 operating system

Best way to transfer Windows 10 operating system: Just brought a m.2 drive, I want to transfer the the Windows 10 operating system, and drivers from my SSD drive to the new m.2 drive.Would like to keep all other files on the SSD, what's the best way to do this?...
  8. Best way to transfer your data and programs from Win10 system to a new computer.

Best way to transfer your data and programs from Win10 system to a new computer.: There is a plenty of locked threads all around this community, with people keep asking this question. Short answer is usually - there is no way, you should reinstall all programs from scratch. But that's not true. For 15 years already I transfer my Windows systems from one...
  9. Windows 10, unsure about the best way to transfer my license to new PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10, unsure about the best way to transfer my license to new PC: Hi, my old PC was on death's door so I built a new one and reused some of the components. Unfortunately I forgot to deactivate my license (Windows 10 Pro OEM) on the old PC before I cannibalised it, and now it's not in a state where it'll be able to boot or run. I'm wondering...
  10. Best way to transfer settings and contacts to new w10 laptop

Best way to transfer settings and contacts to new w10 laptop: Haven't done this in a while, and would greatly appreciate any info on how to transfer my old Windows 7 preferences, contacts and settings to a new W10 laptop. The new laptop has a 256GB SSD and a 1TB HDD I think the data files can be copied from the old drive to the new...