Windows 10: Best Windows 10 Version?

Discus and support Best Windows 10 Version? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am wondering which version of Windows 10 is the best? I don't mind paying the $ if the product is good. I currently have Windows 10 Pro on one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abe, Feb 13, 2018.

1. ABE
    abe Win User

Best Windows 10 Version?

I am wondering which version of Windows 10 is the best? I don't mind paying the $ if the product is good. I currently have Windows 10 Pro on one machine and windows 10 Home Edition on another. The pro version is definitely better but I can't get it activated. The home version is okay but it won't let me update to the latest version. Now I know why so many people are going back to Windows 7. I'd like to stay with Windows 10 for the simple reason that one app that I use is only available on 10, not 7. Thanks for looking.
    Dorian

:)

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Feb 13, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Feb 13, 2018
  4. DGKN Win User

Best Windows 10 Version?

Windows Pro is not "better" than Home version, it just has some more features in it. If you don't use those features, then Home version is perfectly fine.

5. The Pro version has encryption, allows remote desktop and can join domains. So basically it's better to use on networks.

orlbuckeye, Feb 13, 2018
  6. The Pro edition of Windows 10, in addition to all of Home edition's features, offers sophisticated connectivity and privacy tools such as Domain Join, Group Policy Management, Bitlocker, Enterprise Mode Internet Explorer (EMIE), Assigned Access 8.1, Remote Desktop, Client Hyper-V, Device Guard and Direct Access.

If you don't have more than 4GB RAM use Windows 10 Home edition as its is lighter than Windows 10 Pro edition.

FreeBooter, Feb 13, 2018
  7. swarfega Win User
    Have a look at this comparison and ask yourself if you need the features listed for Pro.

swarfega, Feb 13, 2018
  8. Best Windows 10 Version?

Windows 10 Pro/64 has more options and give you a little more control of the system.

I would get Windows 10 Pro/64. It's only a few dollars more. If for what ever reason you don't use all the added option, it's no big deal.
    You might choose to use the Pro options at a later date.

Jack

Layback Bear, Feb 14, 2018
  9. dalchina New Member
    - that's not 'cos it's Home, but because there's a problem, if you're referring to a failed upgrade to the latest build. There are many threads on such issues here and elsewhere.

Pro has some very specific benefits of use to any user - more control of updates and upgrades. You can make sure you never get an unexpected restart if you know how to use these settings. The group policy editor gives you access to these.

It seems as builds have moved on MS's policy is to increasingly restrict what Home users can do to change Windows Update's behaviour.

dalchina, Feb 14, 2018
  10. This is like asking which is better, the strip steak or the crab cake entree. The answer is...whichever one you want. No one else is going to be able to answer that for you. I wouldn't pay more for Pro just to have Pro. If you need the features of Pro, then go for it.

DeaconFrost, Feb 14, 2018
  11. Bree New Member
    I have Pro on my test machine, but my main machine runs Home. Seems to do all I need.

12. afaik those extra features in pro only run when we use them, then how can pro use more resources (ram, processor )than home if we don't use those features. I don't think there is any difference in ram usage in home and pro editions.

LoverOfLove, Feb 15, 2018
  13. Best Windows 10 Version?

Windows 10 Home is designed for use in PCs, tablets and 2-in-1 PCs. It includes all consumer-directed features. In terms of upgrade paths, it is functionally equivalent to Starter, Home Basic, and Home Premium editions for Windows 7, and core edition for Windows 8 and 8.1.

Windows 10 Pro (or Professional) adds additional features that are oriented towards business environments and power users. In terms of upgrade paths, it is functionally equivalent to Professional and Ultimate editions for Windows 7, and Pro edition for Windows 8 and 8.1.

FreeBooter, Feb 15, 2018
  14. ABE
    abe Win User
    Thanks to everyone for the insight, much appreciated, and thanks to Brink for moving this thread for me.
    So far the only problem I'm having with Windows 10, is being unable to upgrade to the newer version, seems like a common problem but I'm in the process of replacing my pc's with Apple anyway, so it's not a big deal. I now have 2 Apple tablets running iOS 11 and am currently looking at the Apple desktop model.

15. ABE
    abe Win User
    This is very helpful.

Thema:

Best Windows 10 Version?

1. Best Windows 10 Version? - Similar Threads - Best Version

2. I WANNA ASK THAT WHICH WINDOWS AND ITS VERSION ARE BEST FOR MY LAPTOP.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I WANNA ASK THAT WHICH WINDOWS AND ITS VERSION ARE BEST FOR MY LAPTOP.: I WANNA ASK THAT WHICH WINDOWS AND ITS VERSION ARE BEST FOR MY LAPTOP.HI I AM A OLD WINDOWS USER BUT MY COMPUTER IS NOT TOO MUCH HIGH TECH , SO MY CURRENT WINDOWS IS GOING WELL IN MY COMPUTER. I ALSO TRIED WINDOWS HACK OR MODIFIED VERSIONS BUT THERE WAS A PROBLEM THAT I...
  3. I WANNA ASK THAT WHICH WINDOWS AND ITS VERSION ARE BEST FOR MY LAPTOP.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I WANNA ASK THAT WHICH WINDOWS AND ITS VERSION ARE BEST FOR MY LAPTOP.: I WANNA ASK THAT WHICH WINDOWS AND ITS VERSION ARE BEST FOR MY LAPTOP.HI I AM A OLD WINDOWS USER BUT MY COMPUTER IS NOT TOO MUCH HIGH TECH , SO MY CURRENT WINDOWS IS GOING WELL IN MY COMPUTER. I ALSO TRIED WINDOWS HACK OR MODIFIED VERSIONS BUT THERE WAS A PROBLEM THAT I...
  4. I WANNA ASK THAT WHICH WINDOWS AND ITS VERSION ARE BEST FOR MY LAPTOP.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. the latest version of windows XP and the best version of Microsoft Office for it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the latest version of windows XP and the best version of Microsoft Office for it: Dear ExpertI want to know the latest version of windows XP service pack 3 and match it whit the latest possibility version of Microsoft Office; Please help me...
  6. the latest version of windows XP and the best version of Microsoft Office for it

the latest version of windows XP and the best version of Microsoft Office for it: Dear ExpertI want to know the latest version of windows XP service pack 3 and match it whit the latest possibility version of Microsoft Office; Please help me...
  7. I want to run PyCharm on my laptop which version is best for me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to run PyCharm on my laptop which version is best for me?: Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.19 GHz RAM 8.00 GB GPU IntelR HD Graphics 5500ROM 500 GB HDD no ssd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-run-pycharm-on-my-laptop-which-version/4b724aff-8bdb-4b12-b8d4-523e3b633569
  8. I want to run PyCharm on my laptop which version is best for me?

I want to run PyCharm on my laptop which version is best for me?: Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.19 GHz RAM 8.00 GB GPU IntelR HD Graphics 5500ROM 500 GB HDD no ssd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-run-pycharm-on-my-laptop-which-version/4b724aff-8bdb-4b12-b8d4-523e3b633569
  9. I want to run PyCharm on my laptop which version is best for me?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. new version of bejewelled keeps jumping a level. Also it gives my best score as way over...

new version of bejewelled keeps jumping a level. Also it gives my best score as way over...: When I play the new version of bejewelled it keeps jumping a level, missing one level out. Also it puts my highest score as far greater than it is as if it has added two scores together. How can I reset this?...