Windows 10: Better AI in games over graphics

Discus and support Better AI in games over graphics in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I kind of got to thinking tonight as I played on the PS4 that graphics nowadays are so good but are they really much better than say four or five years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Scottyboy99, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Better AI in games over graphics

I kind of got to thinking tonight as I played on the PS4 that graphics nowadays are so good but are they really much better than say four or five years ago. Whether one plays in 1080 or 4K they both look incredible. And with all these HD / ultra HD games we just move to be bigger and more ridiculous installation sizes. But what seems to be neglected is in-game AI. some games do it better than others. But has AI really moved on over the years? Games certainly have some dodgy AI in them and seem no better than games of over a decade ago. Graphics keep moving on but I kind of think maybe the graphics should take a backseat so in game AI can really move on. I know AI is a non issue in multiplayer games when interacting with humans. but I still think a lot of people like me like single player games.

i like driving games myself most of all. But to be honest I find the computer AI in modern games no better than an old game like Grand Prix 2 which I used to play circa 1995. I just don’t think it is has moved on in great strides like graphics. I guess graphics will always push on so the hardware demands increase and the gpu makers like nvidia can keep squeezing us for cash. Though I do struggle to see how the graphics can get that much better.

:)

Scottyboy99, Nov 26, 2017

2. Looking for backgammon game for E71

You may try .

I'm the author so I'm biased Better AI in games over graphics ;) but there is nothing better available. The AI is derived from BGBlitz which is one of the 3 best AIs available and for the usability we looked carefully at BG computers from the 80's. And you can even play on Fibs, have a
    tutor, position evaluation, save games, best moves,....

but see yourself: ">http://www..com

bgblitz2go, Nov 26, 2017
  3. Increase video memory in Windows 10

Original Title:video memory

my new nba2k16 game is telling me i have less than 2mb of dedicated video memory. I have windows 10 pro. I have intel graphics card and vaio laptop 2013, 64bit and 8.gb ram. is there a way to increase video memory. also nba game runs in slow motion when
    playing online game play and play againsy ai. Thank you

RodneyDufour, Nov 26, 2017
  4. Better AI in games over graphics

I would tend to agree with you. In many cases, higher rating AI doesn't mean a smarter AI, just an AI that does more damage or has cheats. I think the current problem is that the programming that is needed for complex AI is too time consuming and pricey and no game developer wants to waste their time for little gain.

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 26, 2017
  5. From my background in that industry , if a game has real AI you might never win , I mean the AI wont allow you to sneak from behind , would allocate itself in harder spots to exploit , respond faster and aims more accurate , there were even several known AI injections in the history of gaming that were frowned upon and users hinted they are making the game impossible to win where the developers had to patch remove the AI . The current more acceptable trend is applying strategy , making bot opponents have a window of idiocy/weakness you can exploit once noticed , or ammo count vs enemies , where harder level concern scarce ammo versus more enemies where every bullet counts , nitrus versus time , in-time drifts vs time , etc .

nIGHTmAYOR, Nov 28, 2017
  6. and on a side notice , every body has enough bs in rl nowadays to be out smarted by their own bloody 1k$ rig , they just want to vent some and that is noticed by many developers and many successful ones yealed so many of the games you see are more of an interactive impressive looking tour with the sense of open world just so to not pose much stress on older users suffering from world rush like us *Smile

nIGHTmAYOR, Nov 28, 2017
  7. CountMike New Member
    New CoD games have pretty good AI, rarely you'd see some idiot standing there 3 feet away waiting to get shot. They hide, running zig-zag and shoot behind things and duck.

CountMike, Dec 3, 2017
  8. Better AI in games over graphics

I might have to check COD out at some stage. I guess I just think by now AI so should be so good. I play a lot of racing games and football games like fifa and pro Evo. I still see many dumb things done by the AI. I really think the AI in let’s say fifa should be able to play a really good/realistic game of football but as one ramps up the difficulty they play ping ping ultra unrealistic passing. Like tiki taka on fast forward! And even lower division sides play this beautiful football which is very different to reality (long ball or direct, aggression)

Scottyboy99, Dec 3, 2017
  9. CountMike New Member
    I guess AI has to be to some appropriate level in PC and console games because of wide spread of HW it has to play on. Only recently computers were able to play championship chess and Go and beat humans but it took super computers to do that.
    Game developers would go broke if only people with top end computers could play them.

CountMike, Dec 3, 2017
  10. lx07 Win User
    I'm not sure hardware is the issue - the IBM deep blue beat kasparov in 1997. That is 20 years ago and In round 5 Deep Blue prototype had the white pieces and lost to the computer program Fritz 3 in 39 moves while Fritz was running on an Intel Pentium 90 MHz personal computer.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Blue_(chess_computer)

This is for world champions not average players as well.

The problem for most games isn't making the AI always win (which would probably be easy and really dull to play) but balancing in the right amount of RNG or incompetence into the AI so it feels like a challenge while still not making the NPC appear to be idiots.

I've been playing DOS 2 a lot recently and in the beta testing the AI would write log files detailing each option it considered and the damage it would inflict on your party. This has gone from the release version but the AI seems on the whole better. It still makes odd decisions but then so do I.

Thema:

Better AI in games over graphics

1. Better AI in games over graphics - Similar Threads - Better games graphics

2. AI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AI: Draw in circle pentagram, describe algorithm using 0-100% and 0-100 degrees.In algorithm replace numbers with algorithm of their shapes, example 4 is square algorithm, result is recursive algorithm of human mind....
  3. How to optimize INTEL Graphics for gaming and better performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to optimize INTEL Graphics for gaming and better performance?: I bought a XPS 13 laptop for school and I didn't know how the intel graphic command works and how to update it for better PC display. My friend recommended me to check YouTube for tutorial, but I have not been lucky enough to find a better videos to fix it for the better....
  4. How to optimize INTEL Graphics for gaming and better performance?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to optimize INTEL Graphics for gaming and better performance?: I bought a XPS 13 laptop for school and I didn't know how the intel graphic command works and how to update it for better PC display. My friend recommended me to check YouTube for tutorial, but I have not been lucky enough to find a better videos to fix it for the better....
  5. how to game better...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to game better...: how do i keep friends on xbox from knowing i am playing a game on pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-game-better/1193874b-4aeb-4a6b-ad96-2ae6e615d740
  6. increase ram and installing a better graphics card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    increase ram and installing a better graphics card: Hello I need to know if I can install more ram to this 4gb ram and if so what is the max I by in ram. Next question can I install a better graphic card into this system to be able handle some of the gaming program. If so any recommendation Please. email address: *** Email...
  7. i want to increase my graphics to play games better

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to increase my graphics to play games better: my computer can't paly games very well and the graphics are bad how do I increase them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-increase-my-graphics-to-play-games/1eee2cc0-9d92-46c5-8da5-3b23ca6cab6b
  8. IE11 graphics slowed over time in online slot machine game

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 graphics slowed over time in online slot machine game: My Wife has been playing a web based slot machine game for months now on Internet Explorer 11 and the reels have seemingly slowed to the point it is near unplayable. The site is freeslots.com and if we go to that website in another browser, starting a new game all is normal....
  9. Which configuration is better for gaming?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which configuration is better for gaming?: #1: i7 7700 gtx 1050 12 gb ddr4 ram #2: i5 7300HQ gtx 1060 8 gb ddr4 ram and why? Thanks. 88722
  10. Microsoft’s new AI, Tay is actually better than Cortana

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s new AI, Tay is actually better than Cortana: Microsoft’s new AI, Tay is actually better than Cortana: Things you need to know [img] Microsoft, Research and Bing has brought a new solid bot called Tay. The new AI bot which talks like a real human works at speed of light. You can meet Tay on hits Twitter...