Windows 10: Beware Court cases pending importing data into EXCEL etc.

Discus and support Beware Court cases pending importing data into EXCEL etc. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi folks. just a little warning about how GREEDY some companies are getting now. Say you import data from an ORACLE database into EXCEL or ms SQL... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jimbo45, Jun 25, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Beware Court cases pending importing data into EXCEL etc.

Hi folks.

just a little warning about how GREEDY some companies are getting now.

Say you import data from an ORACLE database into EXCEL or ms SQL type db - then Oracle is now running COURT CASES saying that as you are using OUR DATA you have to pay to import into say EXCEL.

If a lot more firms do this it could end up costing everybody BILLIONS- The fact that you (or your company) has paid for an ORACLE License seems to indicate now that any data you store on the DB is actually now not yours but belongs to ORACLE.

Is there no end to this totally unnecessary corporate greed -- Oracle make enough money as it is.

What about say data imported into SAP (one of the largest companies on the planet) and then extracted into EXCEL etc for reports etc --that will cost companies billions - and probably wreck the entire market.

I thought licensing by SEAT was insidious - this goes a who;e lot further.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jun 25, 2017

2. Which files to move from an SSD?

What Lawrence said, and I already told you how to move your common data folders (Documents, Pictures etc.) in your last thread itself.

It's not just "important applications" BTW. Never manually attempt to move any installed program's files (except in very rare cases where you should be sure beforehand that no problems will arise). If you're running out of space on your SSD and want to
    move an installed program, back up your files associated with the program, then uninstall it and reinstall on your HDD instead. Beware though that some programs won't allow you to do this.

RobertJWin, Jun 25, 2017
  3. luckieb Win User
    N95 Maps - bug or fault on me???

Hi,

If you open maps, get past that message and goto options>settings>network change the option in Network to "when needed"

Beware though of data transfer though, as depending on what you do or if you have a map already in your phone if will attempt to download maps, voices etc

Data transfer through the network in most cases means £££, unless you choose wlan...

Hope this helps
    Message Edited by on 22-Apr-200703:16 PM

luckieb, Jun 25, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

Where did you hear about that?

Oracle have steps to extract to excel in their documentation and don't mention it...

How Do I Export a Report to Microsoft Excel? - Release 11.1.6

p.s. I'm not sure they really do make enough money or they wouldn't bundle crapware with java downloads making themselves look decidedly unprofessional...

5. Oracle doesn't own anyone's data.
    Either Oracle lawyers are taking acid, or else someone has mis-read the news.

margrave55, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Beware Court cases pending importing data into EXCEL etc. - Similar Threads - Beware Court cases

2. Helping with my court case - history log/event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Helping with my court case - history log/event viewer: Hi. I need some help regarding my court case. I have to prove that I wasn't somewhere where the other party claims I was. I got this idea since I usually use my computer before I go to work - either watching a movie, playing a game etc. that some sort of history log or...
  3. Helping with my court case - history log/event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Helping with my court case - history log/event viewer: Hi. I need some help regarding my court case. I have to prove that I wasn't somewhere where the other party claims I was. I got this idea since I usually use my computer before I go to work - either watching a movie, playing a game etc. that some sort of history log or...
  4. Helping with my court case - history log/event viewer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Announcing data import from PDF documents into Excel

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing data import from PDF documents into Excel: We are excited to announce a new and exciting update to Get & Transform Data capabilities in Excel – PDF data connector! This has been one of the top requests from you and we heard you. With the new From PDF connector you can connect to PDF files, and use the...
  6. deleted word, excel, etc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    deleted word, excel, etc: hello there, just today my partner reset the computer, so we lost everything including our word, excel package. can you help me?? and tell me how to put it back on our laptop Thanks...
  7. Data Import

in Windows 10 Customization
    Data Import: I have several computers running software built with .NET and is basically an sql database. I need to import data into this database on a monthly basis, but strangely the import only works on one computer. I've spoken with the developer and he's baffled as to why this is. He...
  8. Sync Pending (but not happening) in excel 365

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sync Pending (but not happening) in excel 365: Some excel files continue to say 'sync pending'. How can I force the sync? (I cannot update spreadsheets that refer to the 'sync pending files' therefore cannot continue working.)...
  9. Excel Gurus - Import data from the web with continuous update

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel Gurus - Import data from the web with continuous update: Hi folks anybody know an easy way to get data (in particular Stock data) from the internet, insert into a spreadsheet and continuously (or every so often) refresh and update the data. It's simple to get data from web but I'm not sure what I need to do to keep updating...
  10. Announcing Preview of New Data Import and Shaping Experience in Excel

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Preview of New Data Import and Shaping Experience in Excel: Hi Insiders and greetings from the Excel team! Excel 2016 includes a powerful set of tools called Get & Transform. These tools, which are based on Power Query technology, enable you to easily connect, combine, and shape data coming from a variety of sources. We introduced...