Windows 10: Big disappearing trick!

Discus and support Big disappearing trick! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I seem to be in a period of annoying quirks at the moment - the latest is the partial disappearance of 'background apps' in the privacy folder within... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Skofab, May 14, 2018.

1. Skofab Win User

Big disappearing trick!

I seem to be in a period of annoying quirks at the moment - the latest is the partial disappearance of 'background apps' in the privacy folder within settings.
    I had intended to turn off edge, but there are only two items on the list.
    My other Win 10 machines have full lists available in the normal way.
    Have I kippered thing up somehow?
    Your thoughts appreciated.

:)

Skofab, May 14, 2018
  2. hmunn Win User

2760 tricks

Somewhere I saw that holding down the pound key switches between normal and silent mode. This is not mentioned in the manual. Is there somewhere where all the tricks like this are listed for the 2760? Also how about codes such as *#0000# for device information.
    What are the other codes I can enter?

Thanks.

hmunn, May 16, 2018
  3. Zwe31 Win User
    song titles way too big!

Hi,

Maybe it is in the List, eg. after Music+Video<Music. I admit they are quite big, and no landscape view. Actually, the fonts are all big in Artists, Albums, Playlists, Songs, etc.

Thanks,

Zwe

Zwe31, May 16, 2018
Thema:

Big disappearing trick!

1. Big disappearing trick! - Similar Threads - Big disappearing trick

2. "Big Head" ransomware fakes Windows Update to trick users

in Windows 10 News
    "Big Head" ransomware fakes Windows Update to trick users: Security researchers at FortiGuard Labs have discovered a new type of ransomware that is targeting home computer users. Dubbed Big Head, the ransomware fakes Windows Update to avoid detection. The researchers note that there are two main strains of the ransomware and...
  3. The Trick doesnt work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Trick doesnt work: So the press CTRL + Windows + Shift + B doesnt work for me i keep pressing it and nothing happens submitted by /u/mysticfoolplays [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mbkk8f/the_trick_doesnt_work/
  4. Firewalls tips&Tricks

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewalls tips&Tricks: Hello community here, What's recommended tips and tricks of Windows built-in Firewalls? what should ON or OFF? I wanna know right configs and make it more secure to harden traffics and kinds of threats? Or to suggest me good guides of it. I am afraid to change something...
  5. Trick windows out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trick windows out: Hello, I want to make windows think that a file is on my E Drive, but it is on my C Drive. I know that something like this exists but I forgot the Name. Hope someone has better knowledge than I do submitted by /u/theoware [link] [comments]...
  6. Cable Management - Is There a Trick to It?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cable Management - Is There a Trick to It?: I have watched several youtube videos and read a few websites on this topic already and I can't seem to get it pretty like they did. Is there some trick to it. First, many of the websites just put all the data and the power supply cables together. I want to avoid that. I...
  7. VM Tips and Tricks?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VM Tips and Tricks?: Hello, When I purchased my recent laptop, I had it come downgraded to Windows 7 Pro on a junk drive. So I essentially had a Windows 7 key and 8 key. I replaced the junk drive with an SSD and installed Windows 8 using the key in the BIOS. Today, the laptop is on Windows 10...
  8. Workaround for UAC/EnableLua trick?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Workaround for UAC/EnableLua trick?: Hey there! I was just wondering if anyone here managed to figure out a workaround to the UAC/EnableLua trick that helped me to get Windows 8.1 to understand that I wanted uninterupted admin priveledges 24/7 and I was still able to use most Windows apps (like Photo Viewer)....
  9. Disappearing trick !!!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearing trick !!!!!: Hi everyone = I'm still very much a newbie to windows 10, and am slowly finding my way around, and if I am honest quite like it. HOWEVER.......... Now running into problems. Today I find that when I click on 'Edge' it loads, then promptly disappears. When I click on...
  10. Tips & Tricks

in Windows 10 Support
    Tips & Tricks: Post any tips, tricks, or workarounds here. How to use Windows 10 Technical Preview PC Start Search Cortana Apps Photos File Explorer Maps Xbox Personalization and settings Touch and keyboard Updates and feedback Windows Keyboard shortcuts (there's probably a...