Windows 10: Big permissions problem

Discus and support Big permissions problem in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Well, after make a stupid thing like do from Ubuntu "chmod 777 -R /media/Windows" now i can't do anything. When I log with my user in Windows 10 the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by numenDude, Dec 1, 2016.

1. numenDude Win User

Big permissions problem

Well, after make a stupid thing like do from Ubuntu "chmod 777 -R /media/Windows" now i can't do anything.
    When I log with my user in Windows 10 the background goes black and the Windows Bar it's loading all time, I can open some folders doing ctrl+alt+del but then the screen freeze and whatever i try to do my user doesn't have any permissions.

I can get Administrator permissions from the Troubleshoot Window, I tried some commands to restore the permissions of the System but it's not working i hope some of you can have an Idea or maybe someone has did the same some day (I think that will not be the case).

I have been looking around for some days but now i'm simple just about to format de Windows partition.

Thank you so much in advance.

:)

numenDude, Dec 1, 2016
  2. JJAD Win User

URGENT - Windows 10 - Folder Permissions - Blocked - Access Is Denied

I also have that problem. The permissions can be restored but they are removed again as long as the current version of OneDrive is switched on.

Don't try to remove or add permissions on the toplevel maps (e.g. Pictures). That will crash the explorer if the number of files is too big (???). Just click the box "Enable Inheritance" in "sharing - advanced security".

- Dutch titles replaced -

JJAD, Dec 1, 2016
  3. wm1983 Win User
    Album picture on the music player with Nokia 6500 Slide

I've installed it but the security thing is a real big problem... every time the software is scanning my music, ask me for permission to check my files in every song... really **bleep** me off!

wm1983, Dec 1, 2016
  4. Neemobeer Win User

Big permissions problem

Without a backup of your ACLs it would be extremely difficult to set all the permissions correctly. A clean install is going to be your best and quickest fix at this point.

Neemobeer, Dec 1, 2016
  5. numenDude Win User
    Seems logic let's see if some one have some Idea

numenDude, Dec 2, 2016
  6. Neemobeer Win User
    You might be able to do an inplace upgrade (re-install over the top) just select the "Keep data and apps" option

Neemobeer, Dec 2, 2016
  7. Slugger Win User
    All I can say is perform an image backup before experimenting.. Macrium Reflect.

Slugger, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Big permissions problem

1. Big permissions problem - Similar Threads - Big permissions problem

2. big problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    big problem: Okay, so this is going to be a lot. i had a windows 7 home license but later i upgraded to windows 11 home from windows 10 HOME then i upgraded to windows 11 pro then i needed to activate windows i tried deleteing the windows.old folder but later it said more than 1 day later...
  3. big problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    big problem: Okay, so this is going to be a lot. i had a windows 7 home license but later i upgraded to windows 11 home from windows 10 HOME then i upgraded to windows 11 pro then i needed to activate windows i tried deleteing the windows.old folder but later it said more than 1 day later...
  4. installation big problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installation big problem: Previously, when I install any software, they all ask me where i want to install. Now they just install into C disk. This is not reasonable. Seems like I can not split my SSD. I used your suggestion in system -> sotrage-> advanced setting to change the different installaztion...
  5. Big Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Big Problem: Welcome.I have cleared some data by shift + delete from C:\Users\HP\AppData\Local By mistake, I have some programs that do not work, such as Android Studio and AutoCAD Any solution?...
  6. Big Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Big Problem: Welcome.I have cleared some data by shift + delete from C:\Users\HP\AppData\Local By mistake, I have some programs that do not work, such as Android Studio and AutoCAD Any solution?...
  7. Big Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Big problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Big problem: Guys, i have a big problem I tried to install win 10 to an empty hardisk no windows installed, because C: directory was deleted. But a warning appeared "your device ran into a problem and needs to restart" with0xc000021 error code. I've read several articles, it is caused...
  9. a big problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    a big problem: Not sure if this is the right place to post but yesterday i got the critical process died error randomly while playing games. I tried everything then went to reset my pc (with keep files) and now its stuck on 1%. What should i do? I really dont want to lose all my stuff as...
  10. BIG PROBLEM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BIG PROBLEM: Hello... I just got a biiiiiig problem with my SSD, actually, yesterday i was streaming, and the computer stopped, after that, when it restarted, it started to have constantly refreshes, like 10 second pause between them. I was thinking it is an blinking error, so i searched...