Windows 10: Big problem after windows 10 upgrade.

Discus and support Big problem after windows 10 upgrade. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All was well in my digital world before windows 10, I thought it was the future for me but sadly it isn't the case, after a few weeks of use, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nemisis10, Sep 30, 2015.

1. nemisis10 Win User

Big problem after windows 10 upgrade.

All was well in my digital world before windows 10, I thought it was the future for me but sadly it isn't the case, after a few weeks of use, the wireless adapter in my desktop stopped working on 10, it didn't cease to function, it disappeared without a trace from the device manager and no matter how i reinstalled software or restarted I could not get it back, until I was forced to install windows 7 again, which solved the issue.

Now I have reached a similar impasse with my laptop, an MSI stealth pro 2pe, which had a recovery function built in, I hoped in vain that the function had windows 8.1 still tied to it and it would fix the issue, but when I attempted to recover it only gave windows 10 as an option, I then made a media tool for windows 8.1 and that has installed, but the WiFi adapter is still missing, when I try to install windows 7 on the laptop, the setup fails (via the USB key while actually on windows) and when I try to install it by boot order in the bios it just skips straight to login for windows 8.1.

What can I do to save this computer from this terrible affliction, it seems to plague me wherever I go, I am worried that my wife's new lenovo laptop will have a similar issue and not be able to recover also.

:)

nemisis10, Sep 30, 2015

2. Lost all files after upgrade

I have a big problem which is losing all files after upgrading and reseting windows 10. BUT there is still a big file 55 GB inside C: which is Temp_SafeToDeleteRefreshFile_Attempt0__File0...

So please help me in this case..

AliBakhornifi, Sep 30, 2015
  3. upgraded to windows 10 big big big problems

hi i upgraded to windows 10 about a week age {big mistake} it was a bit like little red riding hood syndrome got the reminder to up grade from windows 7 to windows 10 ALL YOUR FILES WILL REMAIN RIGHT WHERE YOU LEFT THEM but they didn't and i am really stuck
    i am a builder not a computer programmer and i now was left looking at a blank screen which after upgrading, i managed to find out that my laptop had to be plugged into an external screen to allow me to get it back running which i did that problem solved.
    next issue was home screen is missing all my old shortcuts not a big problem as i will try put them back on when i have time. my biggest and most FRUSTRATING PROBLEM lies with not been able to access all my word documents when i bought the laptop i had to
    buy word document separate which i did

now its gone when i open a document i just get a heap of symbols. i cant do this in my business sell something {word starter 2010, word documents}and then take it away when a newer version comes out.

i am really upset and frustrated with this i have tried to recover this but cant and have been locked out of my business laptop for over a week now with customers needing information and other work needing doing

sorry about the rant but help help please

Gerard Cur, Sep 30, 2015
  4. KJax Win User

Are you still having these problems? From what I can tell of your problem, you were able to restore via ISO to Windows 8.1 correct? But you still couldn't get on the internet. Without knowing your wife's computer version I can't help with her Lenovo, however one of these should fix your wireless connection problem for windows. If you have Killer Wireless, download from here. Otherwise download here. These should fix your internet connection on windows 8.1

Thema:

1. Big problem after windows 10 upgrade. - Similar Threads - Big problem upgrade

2. Big problem with windows!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Big problem with windows!: I am not the smartest when it comes to computer problems but I can't seem to fix this. First, my settings aren't showing certain options and when I search for the missing settings like personalization, the tab comes up in the search bar but when i click on it nothing happens....
  3. Big problem with windows!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Big problem with windows!: I am not the smartest when it comes to computer problems but I can't seem to fix this. First, my settings aren't showing certain options and when I search for the missing settings like personalization, the tab comes up in the search bar but when i click on it nothing happens....
  4. Big problem with windows!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Big problem with windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Big problem with windows 10: My PC don't start correctly and it gives me the error Critical Process Died. It can't fix itself, but it gives me this information: E:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt ... And I can't restore the system because it says "you need to enable system security in this...
  6. A big problem in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A big problem in Windows 10: Sir, Open windows 10 and windows show black screen and windows not open we try to go system recovery mode but only show black screen and i am not go to system recovery mode i try to backup from windows iso file but we try to and after booting setting only show black...
  7. Problem after big Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem after big Win 10 update: After the BIG 3-4GB update some days ago my printer driver was gone. I reinstalled it and thought all was good ... but after booting up next day my network (ethernet cable) wasn´t working! I ran the diagnose test and got follwing message "Windows couldn't automatically...
  8. Big problems windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Big problems windows 10: Hi Yesterday i wanna start my computer and i wanna log in but all my passwords changed. That problem i solved myself but now that i'm logged in i cant install programs or delete programs. My pc is so slow now and i did a virus scan but nothing found! I wanna...
  9. Upgrade from Windows 7 - big problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade from Windows 7 - big problem: I was running windows 7 without problem. got the small white 'window' seducing me to windows 10 which i gladly accepted. i liked it for a while. one day i couldn't boot. i went over all possible problems since i am an intermediate computer person. i had to work, so i...
  10. latest big upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    latest big upgrade problem: Hi, I got the latest major upgrade and it installed well on both my laptop and desktop. I had to re-install my SCSI driver again as well as my Wireless adaptor. I have one problem: On my desktop, I now have all 4 of my usb drives ( they are card reader slots ) Listed...