Windows 10: Big time problems with KB3016725

Discus and support Big time problems with KB3016725 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; While posting my computer locked up. Using W-10. It installed KB3016725 without any notice. The result. 1. Unable to go on line. Locked up my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Layback Bear, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Big time problems with KB3016725

While posting my computer locked up. Using W-10.

It installed KB3016725 without any notice.

The result.
    1. Unable to go on line. Locked up my router and modem.
    Rebooted computer, modem and router.

2. Lost use of my Microsoft wireless mouse. Had to reboot using a PS2 mouse to get the driver to work on the USB 2.0 Dongle wireless mouse.

3. Router and my modem still keep dropping off in Windows 10 but works on the same computer using Windows 7.
    Router and modem also works on my other computer using Windows 7

**In Windows 7 you can shut down using the keyboard but in W-10 you can't. You have to use the buttons on the case.

I will go back into W-10 and see what else is bonkers.
    Update:

I'm back into using W-10 and obviously the internet is working. I did notice that when booting and getting to the desktop the router and drive activity light were very busy for about 2 minutes. I did nothing until they settled down.

:)

Layback Bear, Nov 15, 2014

2. A new but this time BIG problem

I had carried out many soft resets to no avail, however, between sending my first post and receiving your reply I have found out how to HARD reset. Sorted. A bit of a pain having to reset everything again but I guess it was my own fault for leaving it
    on.

Thanks for getting back to me anyway but the problem is now not quite so big!

Ray

Ray of Cannock, Nov 15, 2014
  3. A new but this time BIG problem

Try another soft reset after a charge. If not a hard reset will bring your device back to manufacturer settings.

Delete excisting partnership from computer and establish a new partnership when reconnecting through active sync.

If all your data is on your pcc it will sync immediatly back to your device.

Hopefully this will work for you

Johan van Mierlo, Nov 15, 2014
  4. Big time problems with KB3016725

Wow thanks for the heads up *Smile
    Very weird indeed :/

ThrashZone, Nov 15, 2014
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    I've performed that update before.. and I have to do it again today.
    I'll report if I see any issues.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 15, 2014
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    I just performed that update and no issues on my machine.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 15, 2014
  7. Vaindil Win User
    My PC fails to boot every time W10 installs this update. It goes into Startup Repair, then fails to diagnose the issue, then I have to go into the recovery settings and uninstall preview updates before I can boot back into W10. I just hid the update manually; I'm not dealing with it anymore.

Vaindil, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Big time problems with KB3016725

1. Big time problems with KB3016725 - Similar Threads - Big problems KB3016725

2. big problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    big problem: Okay, so this is going to be a lot. i had a windows 7 home license but later i upgraded to windows 11 home from windows 10 HOME then i upgraded to windows 11 pro then i needed to activate windows i tried deleteing the windows.old folder but later it said more than 1 day later...
  3. Big Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Big Problem: Welcome.I have cleared some data by shift + delete from C:\Users\HP\AppData\Local By mistake, I have some programs that do not work, such as Android Studio and AutoCAD Any solution?...
  4. Big Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Big Problem: Welcome.I have cleared some data by shift + delete from C:\Users\HP\AppData\Local By mistake, I have some programs that do not work, such as Android Studio and AutoCAD Any solution?...
  5. Big Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Big time problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Big time problem: After numerous crashes in windows 10 video_tdr_failure I resorted to reinstalling windows on my device. I selected the primary drive partition and the process started. Midway through the computer crashed again, and this time even the error screen was unreadable it is the...
  7. Big problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Big problem: Guys, i have a big problem I tried to install win 10 to an empty hardisk no windows installed, because C: directory was deleted. But a warning appeared "your device ran into a problem and needs to restart" with0xc000021 error code. I've read several articles, it is caused...
  8. a big problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    a big problem: Not sure if this is the right place to post but yesterday i got the critical process died error randomly while playing games. I tried everything then went to reset my pc (with keep files) and now its stuck on 1%. What should i do? I really dont want to lose all my stuff as...
  9. BIG PROBLEM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BIG PROBLEM: Hello... I just got a biiiiiig problem with my SSD, actually, yesterday i was streaming, and the computer stopped, after that, when it restarted, it started to have constantly refreshes, like 10 second pause between them. I was thinking it is an blinking error, so i searched...
  10. Network problems big time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network problems big time: Hi guys, I was running win 8.1 and updated to 1074 tp. Every network device, ethernet adaptor, wifi adapter, bluetooth etc dont work. The drivers install and say they are working , but when I go to the device properties it says "this device requires additional installation"...