Windows 10: Bind server to port on a private network connection (no router)

Discus and support Bind server to port on a private network connection (no router) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! I have a wired Ethernet connection between a PC and a Mac (is that the issue?), and when locally hosted servers (on PC) are hosted, I get issues,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by evantig, Apr 16, 2016.

1. evantig Win User

Bind server to port on a private network connection (no router)

Hi! I have a wired Ethernet connection between a PC and a Mac (is that the issue?), and when locally hosted servers (on PC) are hosted, I get issues, but mainly issues binding to ports. Is the issue that I am not using a router or something like that?

:)

evantig, Apr 16, 2016

2. How to use laptop Ethernet port and WiFi for different networks at the same time?

Hi,

I need to use both the Ethernet port and WiFi to connect different networks at the same time with details below:

- Ethernet port - connects to private network (intranet via switch)

- WiFi - connects to public network (internet via router/modem)

What I am seeing with Windows 10 is that Ethernet port will always has higher priority than the WiFi - when the Ethernet port is connected (even with unidentified network) the Wifi will automatically disconnect itself.

So, what are the setting I need to make get them connect to the different networks i need?

Please help. Thanks.

Regards,

Peter

PeterLiew83, Apr 16, 2016
  3. SynthDanG Win User
    After upgrade, Windows 10 computer will not accept Remote Desktop connection

I now realize you were asking about NLA. The problem occurs with or without NLA checked. No connection can be established. There's no other firewall or anti-virus software running. Connections fail whether I try to connect via the computer's name, local
    IP address, or the Internet IP address (via port forwarding on my router).

In short, computers on my network simply can't connect to Remote Desktop.

The network is set to Private. It's a wired connection to my router, not wireless.

SynthDanG, Apr 16, 2016
Thema:

Bind server to port on a private network connection (no router)

1. Bind server to port on a private network connection (no router) - Similar Threads - Bind server port

2. I can't Connect to Private Networks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't Connect to Private Networks.: Hello, I am currently stuck because I can connect to public Wi-Fi networks, where the connection requires a password, however when I try and connect to my own Wi-Fi it allows me to put my password in, however when it "checks network requirements" it just comes back as "Can't...
  3. I can't Connect to Private Networks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't Connect to Private Networks.: Hello, I am currently stuck because I can connect to public Wi-Fi networks, where the connection requires a password, however when I try and connect to my own Wi-Fi it allows me to put my password in, however when it "checks network requirements" it just comes back as "Can't...
  4. Creating two networks Public/Private with one wifi router

Creating two networks Public/Private with one wifi router: Hi all. I want to create a wifi network where I can share across all of my private devices. Then, another wifi network that my guests can access for internet only. Do I need two routers for this? Or, are there some good routers out there to do that sort of thing? If you can...
  5. Can't access router admin page on private network

Can't access router admin page on private network: I have noticed that I am unable to access my router's admin/log in page if my network is set to private. I have checked to make the sure that the browsers are on the list of apps to be allowed through the firewall. I have disabled Windows Defender. I have checked 3 different...
  6. How to make Private Network Connected

How to make Private Network Connected: Hello I’m not able to connect to the internet because my Private network says its “Not Connected”. Does anyone know how i can make it “connected”"? Thank you [IMG]...
  7. Private and Public Network Connections

Private and Public Network Connections: Hey everyone, just recently I reset my modem and router and my laptop. I have made sure that my home router is secure yet when I connect to it, if I go to settings it sets me as a public network. This is weird because when I got my laptop and connected, the computer...
  8. connecting laptop and desktop private network

connecting laptop and desktop private network: Have an old win 7 laptop and a new win 10 desktop and laptop. The new desktop can see all. The new laptop cannot see the desktop but can see the win 7 laptop. Tried all the normal settings, private network, discover, adapter, manage network, trouble shooter, and firewall...
  9. Private Network Connection

Private Network Connection: Why does my personal HP Windows 10 laptop show in Windows Defender Firewall that I am "Connected" to "Guest or public networks" even when I disconnect from my xfinity modem and "forget" my "known network" credentials? I can't figure out what I am "connected" to? [ATTACH]...
  10. One router,two networks, one public, one private

One router,two networks, one public, one private: I have a dual band router which I run with two SSIDS one for the 2.4GHz band (gaudi) and one for the 5GHz band (gaudi-5G). It also has ethernet ports. A laptop I just built has connected OK to gaudi-5G and the ethernet and recognises them both as one network which W10 has...