Windows 10: Bing not working in Edge or Cortana

Discus and support Bing not working in Edge or Cortana in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought a new laptop that came pre-installed with Windows 10 - everything is working fine apart from I can't do anything with Bing.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by DrInTardis, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Bing not working in Edge or Cortana

Hi,

I recently bought a new laptop that came pre-installed with Windows 10 - everything is working fine apart from I can't do anything with Bing. Doing a search from Edge or Cortana just brings up the 'hmm can't access page' error. Trying to go to www.bing.com from Edge or IE just brings an an empty screen with a search box that doesn't do anything. Every other website I go to works fine. I installed the Anniversary update yesterday but that hasn't made any difference.

I am currently using IE with Google search and that works great - but I would like to get Bing working so that I can use Edge and Cortana.

My laptop is an Acer Aspire Nitro with an Intel I7 core 6th generation.

Thanks in advance

:)

DrInTardis, Aug 3, 2016

2. Microsoft Cortana not using default browser when doing a Bing search

I recently installed the Microsoft fall creators update. When I was finished, my Microsoft Edge was unusable. It would not open any of the menu items. In order to get a workable browser, I installed Google Chrome. Google Chrome works just fine. However,
    when I do a Bing search using Cortana, Cortana, tries to open the Bing results using Microsoft Edge. Since Microsoft Edge is no longer working, The Bing results cannot be displayed. Can I get Microsoft Cortana Google Chrome to display the Bing results instead
    of Microsoft Edge. I currently can't do searches with Cortana. Please help.

William Kochevar, Aug 3, 2016
  3. Make Cortana use chrome instead of Edge

Microsoft just announced this week that Cortana will only use Edge and Bing. That's why it quit working. Since Cortana and Edge have been uninstalled from my W10 laptop, Bing never sees the light of day. It's all useless junk.

Byron Knight, Aug 3, 2016
  4. Mooly Win User

Bing not working in Edge or Cortana

Sounds an odd problem. Sometimes one off site access issues can be down to DNS and router issues. Might be worth rebooting your router and flushing the DNS cache on your PC.

Flush DNS cache in Windows 10 [solved]

Mooly, Aug 3, 2016
  5. Tried the things above - no joy I'm afraid!

DrInTardis, Aug 4, 2016
  6. Mooly Win User
    I can't really think of anything else to try for that I'm afraid...

If I were faced with this issue I would now want to try the laptop on another access point (different router, different ISP etc)... beyond that... I'd probably make a disk image of the laptop as it stands now, and then do a factory restore to bring it back to day 1 condition and see if it works then. If it did, I would then look at clean installing the latest W10 version.

Maybe someone else reading this has some other ideas *Smile

Mooly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bing not working in Edge or Cortana

1. Bing not working in Edge or Cortana - Similar Threads - Bing working Edge

2. MS EDGE & BING.

in Cortana
    MS EDGE & BING.: I am raging right now. I just did the latest update and was confronted by Edge being automatically opened as my main browser, signed in to Edge and Bing being used even when i have NEVER used it. I DO NOT WANT TO USE EDGE OR BING, I NEVER HAVE AND I NEVER WILL. What part of...
  3. Disable Bing in cortana search

in Cortana
    Disable Bing in cortana search: When trying to search in the search bar, if I mistakenly click on any of the questions, it automatically brings up Edge/Bing. I've removed it from any defaults that I can find, but it's infuriating that I can't remove/disable this thing entirely. It's not a good web browser,...
  4. bing Image missing on Edge

in Browsers and Email
    bing Image missing on Edge: I have Bing set to open when I open browsers. IE and Google Chrome works fine, but when I open Edge, the Bing image is missing. It just shows up as gray. I've ran dism restore health and startcomponentcleanup. I changed default browser setting to another url and then switched...
  5. Start menu, cortana and edge not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, cortana and edge not working: So i have an msi laptop which has been amazing, i stopped using it for a while, decided id start it back up. I did a system refresh, removing everything so i could start fresh, set it all up and my start button doesn't work, so i reset and still nothing... i have watched so...
  6. colour of links in edge (bing)

in Browsers and Email
    colour of links in edge (bing): Hi all, when I am browsing the net using Edge the first line of a link is in blue and when I click on the link to the site and come out of the site it changes colour to only a slight difference of colour so that it is hard to see which sites I have been to. Is it possible to...
  7. colour of links in edge (bing)

in Windows 10 Support
    colour of links in edge (bing): Hi all, when I am browsing the net using Edge the first line of a link is in blue and when I click on the link to the site and come out of the site it changes colour to only a slight difference of colour so that it is hard to see which sites I have been to. Is it possible to...
  8. Microsoft Edge/Bing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge/Bing: How do I permanently turn these off? I've got all my settings to "off," yet it keeps popping open. I'd like to get rid of it permanently, but it doesn't want to let me, so turning it off permanently will be the next best thing....
  9. Bing, Updates, Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bing, Updates, Edge: 1, wanted to delete bing. Since hv found Bing in hidden files, don't know if ok to delete, don't see uninstall option. changing default searcher doesn't work. Seems most have .dll extension. how to do? tired of crap taking up space, tracking every move 2. hate 10. Am...
  10. Edge and Cortana

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and Cortana: I was under the impression that Cortana should be available in Edge by showing the Cortana "Circle" to the right of the address bar. I don't see it. I have Cortona enabled but no Cortona or Cortona suggestions. A bit more info I found. Can anyone confirm this with their...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bing not working on cortana

2. bing not working with cortana

3. bing and edge not working