Windows 10: Bing will not open as home page after Build 10565 upgrade

Discus and support Bing will not open as home page after Build 10565 upgrade in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Have run into a wired issue, and I'm not quite sure why. After upgrading to Windows insider build 10565 I am not able to open bing.com as my homepage... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by StanP50, Oct 25, 2015.

1. StanP50 Win User

Bing will not open as home page after Build 10565 upgrade

Have run into a wired issue, and I'm not quite sure why. After upgrading to Windows insider build 10565 I am not able to open bing.com as my homepage in either Edge or Internet explorer 11. I can open any other page without issue, but not Bing. If I set google as my home page...WALA.. first time every time, no problem, set it back to Bing...Can not find requested page pops in after about 30 seconds of trying to connect. Have cleared cache, run DISM diagnostics, nothing reports as an issue. If I set Bing as a Favorite in the favorites bar, open to google as my home page then click the link, it opens without issue, but when set as the home page...nada.

Anyone seen or heard of this issue, or have any ideas how to correct it.

Thanks,

Update:

Now it won't open from the favorites link either, same message:
    This page can’t be displayed

• Make sure the web address Bing is correct.
    • Look for the page with your search engine.
    • Refresh the page in a few minutes.

Really annoying *Mad

:)

StanP50, Oct 25, 2015

2. Update to most recent build not working

I’m “flummoxed”.

Two PCs running 64 bit Windows 10 Home. One PC is an Asus ROG laptop with Win 10 build 10240 on first drive and build 10547 on second drive. Also a Dell Inspiron desktop with Win 10 10565 on first drive and build 10240 on second drive.

As of this writing build 10565 is the most recent Microsoft build. In theory all four drives on the two PCs should upgrade to build 10565 , however nothing I do to update Win 10 to the most recent build works. How do I upgrade the three drive with
    older builds (i.e. 10240 and 10547) to the most recent build (i.e. 10565).

veryoldjerry, Oct 25, 2015
  3. How to Roll back to previous build of win 10

I am using build 10240 windows 10 Home version for more than 2 months. I still have some unsolved issues in this build. Recently I am upgrading to build 10565 insider preview. Last build 10240 upgraded from windows 7 Home premium version and officially launched
    as a stable copy by Microsoft. This is my first entry to insider preview. Should build 10565 make any problem after installation? If so how should I roll back to previous build 10240? I have no ISO file with me to reinstall. Only I have the product key provided
    by Microsoft for windows 10 home build 10240.

Please give a solution.

SantanuSarkarbrp, Oct 25, 2015
  4. StanP50 Win User

Resolved the issue. Was external DNS. Was having issues with my ISP DNS (AT&T) about 4 days ago so I decided to switch my external DNS to point to Googles DNS servers, well that was the issue at least on my primary system, This morning I switched the external DNS back to my ISP and bingo...Bing again, first time every time.

Not sure why this was the case with Google's DNS servers, never had an issue with them before, unless there was a conflict with the AT&T gateway and the DNS servers, but as long as it's fixed that's good enough for me. *Biggrin

StanP50, Oct 26, 2015
Thema:

1. Bing will not open as home page after Build 10565 upgrade - Similar Threads - Bing open home

2. cannot open home page, msn.com

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot open home page, msn.com: Have tried troubleshooting diagnostics and report merely says: "ERR_Connection_Reset"No further info. or instructions. All other troubleshooting reports that all is OK and up to date. But Downloads and Documents can no longer be opened in File Explorer, This PC.Message reads:...
  3. Help with Bing Home Page in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Help with Bing Home Page in Edge: I've used Bing Home page in Edge for quite awhile. Today I noticed a scroll bar on the right side of picture. I scrolled down and all this garbage was displayed. I've high lighted the areas in question. Edge is up to date and don't think it's related to Fat Tuesdays' CU. Does...
  4. How to get rid of links on Bing home page images?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of links on Bing home page images?: [ATTACH] I enjoy the pictures on the Bing home page, but I just want the pretty pictures. I don't want news headlines with pictures of faces staring out at me, or these damn "lets interact" links. At least the headlines can be hidden... anyone know how to get rid of the...
  5. Bing Home Page ?

in Browsers and Email
    Bing Home Page ?: Is this new on the Bing home page or has it been there for awhile? When you move your mouse on the web page a popup shows telling you about the Pic and a link to more pics. [img] 38333
  6. Updating to Build 10565

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updating to Build 10565: I've was on insider builds since the very beginning. Once 10240 came out I did a clean install. Now, when i opt into insider builds, I get no option to install 10565. Anyone know how to fix this? 27032
  7. BSOD updating Win 10 Build 10547 to 10565

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD updating Win 10 Build 10547 to 10565: Windows 10 fails to update to the latest insider build on my computer. The update downloads the files and appears to get through the first 2 reboots fine (71% complete - Installing features and drivers). However, immediately after it completes the next reboot and goes to...
  8. cannot enter HOMEGROUP after Build 10565

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot enter HOMEGROUP after Build 10565: hey guys, after the installation of Build 10565, i cannot longer join the Homegroup. Tried this: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...76d9647?page=2 no good at all. when i need to do the last step to give users full control, this does not happen. But i am...
  9. Updating to build 10565

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating to build 10565: My desktop found and installed build 10565 without any problem, even when I was just signed on with a local account. However my laptop on build 10547 does not appear to be able to find build 10565 regardless of whether I am signed on with a local or MS account. The...
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565: UPDATE 3: Microsoft Releases PC build 10565 to Insiders in the Slow ring today. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] UPDATE 2: Download: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...d.html#option3 Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date UPDATE 1: Tweet...