Windows 10: Biometric devices

Discus and support Biometric devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have read all kinds of neat techie things about the new facial recognition and iris screening capabilities of Windows 10, but when I run a search on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by brucemc777, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Biometric devices

I have read all kinds of neat techie things about the new facial recognition and iris screening capabilities of Windows 10, but when I run a search on either illuminated IR iris sensor or Intel RealSense 3D all I get are articles discussing same whether in Bing or Google, yet I have to believe these gadgets are coming down in price and quality is going up. I'd like to start researching where to buy and cost.

Any recommendations?

Thank-you!

:)

brucemc777, Nov 15, 2015

2. biometric device

Hello Saurav,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with Biometric device installation in the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

You may also try running SFC scan and check if that helps.

How to use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files, please follow the steps in the link provided below.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?wa=wsignin1.0

Note: System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how
    to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)to
    scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.
    If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

I would suggest you to try installing the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.
    Please refer to the following Microsoft help article given below and check if that helps.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows,
    please follow the steps in the link provided below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: Most programs created for earlier versions of Windows will work in this version of Windows, but some older programs might run poorly or not at all. You can run the Program
    Compatibility Troubleshooter on most programs to detect and fix common compatibility problems.

Important: Don’t run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter on antivirus programs, firewall software, backup software, disk utilities, or on system programs that came with
    Windows. This might cause data loss or create a security risk.

You may also try the following steps and check if that help.

To install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties

• Select Compatibility Tab

• Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list

• Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    You may also refer to the link given below.

Windows | Official Site for Microsoft Windows 10 Home & Pro OS, laptops, PCs, tablets & more

Note: It will find compatibility information and get Windows compatible device drivers, app updates, and downloads.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

For more Information:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Nov 15, 2015
  3. biometric device

I've installed my finger scanner but I cannot find any ' hello ' sign in option
    Biometric devices [​IMG]

sauravboro, Nov 15, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Biometric devices

Brink, Nov 15, 2015
  5. Thank-you!

At first I love the tech, but after a while I can get ticked off if it becomes a pain - how have you found the speed in which it grants access?

brucemc777, Nov 15, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It works pretty fast for me, but you do have to use "Improve recognition" with different lighting condition and such to make sure it will recognize you in them.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Biometric devices

1. Biometric devices - Similar Threads - Biometric devices

2. Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...: Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows Hello never finds it. On bootup the Microsoft brand Microsoft Fingerprint scanner does a quick light up and then goes dark. I've tried windows Hello. I have windows 11 Pro 10-02-22631...
  3. Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...: Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows Hello never finds it. On bootup the Microsoft brand Microsoft Fingerprint scanner does a quick light up and then goes dark. I've tried windows Hello. I have windows 11 Pro 10-02-22631...
  4. Fingerprint scanner not showing in device manager and biometrics in settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint scanner not showing in device manager and biometrics in settings.: I have a fingerprint reader on the back of my device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-scanner-not-showing-in-device-manager/11e7b7d2-075c-4946-bdc1-49eace4ef387
  5. Fingerprint scanner not showing in device manager and biometrics in settings.

Fingerprint scanner not showing in device manager and biometrics in settings.: I have a fingerprint reader on the back of my device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-scanner-not-showing-in-device-manager/11e7b7d2-075c-4946-bdc1-49eace4ef387
  6. Fingerprint scanner not showing in device manager and biometrics in settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. fingerprint driver not listed as biometric devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fingerprint driver not listed as biometric devices: i reinstalled windows from a USB stickclean install then windows there are no fingerprint device in my laptop but before reinstalation it was working fine....
  8. fingerprint driver not listed as biometric devices

fingerprint driver not listed as biometric devices: i reinstalled windows from a USB stickclean install then windows there are no fingerprint device in my laptop but before reinstalation it was working fine....
  9. Can I install biometric facial recognition device on my windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I install biometric facial recognition device on my windows 8.1: I need facial recognition on biometric device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-biometric-facial-recognition-device/a0405138-9834-4404-89ba-51c3e719d4af
  10. Can I install biometric facial recognition device on my windows 8.1

Can I install biometric facial recognition device on my windows 8.1: I need facial recognition on biometric device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-biometric-facial-recognition-device/a0405138-9834-4404-89ba-51c3e719d4af