Windows 10: BIOS can't find Windows 11 boot option after wiping another disk.

Discus and support BIOS can't find Windows 11 boot option after wiping another disk. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a version of windows 11 and windows 10 installed on my computer. Windows 11 is on my SSD and Windows 10 on another SSD from my old broken laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bucwanha, Nov 28, 2023.

1. bucwanha Win User

BIOS can't find Windows 11 boot option after wiping another disk.

I have a version of windows 11 and windows 10 installed on my computer. Windows 11 is on my SSD and Windows 10 on another SSD from my old broken laptop which I plugged into my PC for more disk space. I boot into the Windows 10 to create a backup Create system image and put it in another disk HDD on my computer. Afterwards, I attempt to wipe clean the old SSD from my laptop:- Boot into my windows 11 > Shift+Restart > Troubleshoot > Advanced Option > Command Prompt.- Ran diskpart > list disk > select disk 2 I'm sure I chose the correct disk > clean.After restarting my

:)

bucwanha, Nov 28, 2023

2. Wiped Hard Drive Can't Boot Vista

I did try every possible boot order and even with deactivated options, which I don't even know how or if that is helpful. I will try the Vista possibilities. The OS was listed in the BIOS, whatever that means, and it said it was a factory version, which I think is a good thing.

The PXE error messages may have occurred when I activated the network adapter and tried that in the boot order. Obviously, I am in way over my head. Thanks for the suggestions!

Techtardette, Nov 28, 2023
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Nov 28, 2023
  4. BIOS can't find Windows 11 boot option after wiping another disk.

Windows 10 Reset (remove files, no disk wipe) fails with Inaccessible Boot Device; Defender Offline fails with 0x8007002

Two identical Dell Inspiron 660 systems (one for each child):

• Win7 --> Win 10 upgrades went uneventfully, normal function afterward.
    • 1st system then put through Windows 10 Reset procedure with file removal AND disk wipe, completed successfully, normal function
    • 2nd system then put through Windows 10 Reset procedure with file removal WITHOUT disk wipe --> procedure fails:
      • INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE error is thrown, with an endless reboot cycle
    • Based on
      this thread
      reference to
      KB2673509
      , Windows Defender Offline downloaded and run to create USB installation
    • USB device inserted into affected system
    • Boot device sequence manually directed to USB during reboot cycle via BIOS <F12> key function
    • Windows Defender Offline initiates, but halts throwing error 0x8007002

BIOS can't find Windows 11 boot option after wiping another disk. c8fbaa07-2c69-426b-bb2d-baa18c4abe0a.jpg

• This code
      appears to be
      related to a problem with Windows update, which I can not rationalize given that this is explicitly an
      offline tool.
    What are the suggestions for next step(s)?

Lonn Myronuk, Nov 28, 2023
Thema:

BIOS can't find Windows 11 boot option after wiping another disk.

1. BIOS can't find Windows 11 boot option after wiping another disk. - Similar Threads - BIOS can't find

2. After disk partition, can't even access BIOS or Boot menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After disk partition, can't even access BIOS or Boot menu: My laptop model is Dell Inspiron 15 5000 5502. My laptop was working fine but I wanted the C partition to be bigger.I installed Macrorit Partition Expert Free Edition. There was 500 MB 'unallocated space' between C and D. I decided to merge this 500 MB and about 70 GB from D...
  3. After disk partition, can't even access BIOS or Boot menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After disk partition, can't even access BIOS or Boot menu: My laptop model is Dell Inspiron 15 5000 5502. My laptop was working fine but I wanted the C partition to be bigger.I installed Macrorit Partition Expert Free Edition. There was 500 MB 'unallocated space' between C and D. I decided to merge this 500 MB and about 70 GB from D...
  4. After disk partition, can't even access BIOS or Boot menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BIOS can't find Windows 11 boot option after wiping another disk.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS can't find Windows 11 boot option after wiping another disk.: I have a version of windows 11 and windows 10 installed on my computer. Windows 11 is on my SSD and Windows 10 on another SSD from my old broken laptop which I plugged into my PC for more disk space. I boot into the Windows 10 to create a backup Create system image and put it...
  6. Moving a boot manager of Windows 11 to another disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving a boot manager of Windows 11 to another disk: Hello everyone. Recently I bought a new HDD for my laptop as my old one is lagging and I don't want to lose my files by storing them on the old one. Currently, I have SSD and HDD on my laptop and Windows is installed on SSD, but the boot manager partition is on HDD. That is...
  7. Moving a boot manager of Windows 11 to another disk

Moving a boot manager of Windows 11 to another disk: Hello everyone. Recently I bought a new HDD for my laptop as my old one is lagging and I don't want to lose my files by storing them on the old one. Currently, I have SSD and HDD on my laptop and Windows is installed on SSD, but the boot manager partition is on HDD. That is...
  8. Windows 11 - 10 boot options or clean wipe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - 10 boot options or clean wipe: Hello everyone,As I'm new to the PC Master Race, I have some questions.I've recently built my PC and it's my first ever upgrade of everything as I've bought a pre-built PC back in 2017... Literally everything is brand new now. I have fully and clean installed windows 11...
  9. Windows 11 - 10 boot options or clean wipe

Windows 11 - 10 boot options or clean wipe: Hello everyone,As I'm new to the PC Master Race, I have some questions.I've recently built my PC and it's my first ever upgrade of everything as I've bought a pre-built PC back in 2017... Literally everything is brand new now. I have fully and clean installed windows 11...
  10. Reset option doesn’t wipe the disk!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset option doesn’t wipe the disk!!: Hi people, um Iam currently using windows 10 and I want to fully reset my pc and remove all personel files. So I go to settings and choose the option to fully reset removing all the files option. But after the reset it wipe only the C drive and didn’t touch any of the other...