Windows 10: bios help

Discus and support bios help in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi,guys my laptop is a lenovo g50-30, I want to do a fresh install of windows 10 using a DVD, I note in the bios menu there is (UEFI ) and (legacy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bluesfloyd, Feb 8, 2017.

1. bios help

hi,guys
    my laptop is a lenovo g50-30, I want to do a fresh install of windows 10 using a DVD,
    I note in the bios menu there is (UEFI ) and (legacy support) not sure what this is?
    can the laptop run in (UEFI )mode or(legacy support) if so which is best,
    what mode is better for me if just wanting to install windows 10 from DVD?
    please note I am new to the computer thing, please take it slowly,

thanks for your time,

:)

bluesfloyd, Feb 8, 2017
  2. Paola Gar Win User

bios help

Hi,

UEFI boot is the boot process used by UEFI firmware. The firmware maintains a list of valid boot volumes called EFI Service Partitions while
    Legacy BIOS is the boot process used by BIOS firmware. This can help improve compatibility with older operating systems that weren’t designed with UEFI in mind.

UEFI and Legacy have the same function, the only difference is that UEFI boot process is faster and frequently use nowadays.

For more information, please refer to the articles below:

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Paola Gar, Feb 8, 2017
  3. CountMike New Member

bios help

If it has both UEFI and Legacy modes you can install either way. UEFI mode still uses BIOS but OS makes a partition in which all BIOS settings are in software mode and so ads more possibilities and features that could be changed "on the fly". UEFI is more "modern" design and some HW may depend on it to work. In cases when BIOS settings are restricted (usual happening with laptops) UEFI may provide more flexibility.

CountMike, Feb 8, 2017
Thema:

bios help

1. bios help - Similar Threads - bios help

2. i need help with my bios and mbr2gpt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help with my bios and mbr2gpt: Hello i used the mbr2gpt and it told me that it was succesful and it said to switch to UEFI.Then i went to the bios and changed 2 options from legacy to UEFI ONLY i chganged storage boot managment option control and other pci devises.But when i saved them i couldnt go to...
  3. i need help with my bios and mbr2gpt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need help with my bios and mbr2gpt: Hello i used the mbr2gpt and it told me that it was succesful and it said to switch to UEFI.Then i went to the bios and changed 2 options from legacy to UEFI ONLY i chganged storage boot managment option control and other pci devises.But when i saved them i couldnt go to...
  4. PC won't boot into bios, need help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't boot into bios, need help!: Here's my PC Specs:- Motherboard: ASrock B550m Pro 4 Bios ver: 2.71- CPU: Ryzen 7 5700X- GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB OC,PCIe- PSU: Coolermaster MWE GOLD v2 modular 650w- RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 32GB 2 x 16GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 AMD Ryzen Memory Kit- HDD: 500GB SSD,M.2-...
  5. PC won't boot into bios, need help!

PC won't boot into bios, need help!: Here's my PC Specs:- Motherboard: ASrock B550m Pro 4 Bios ver: 2.71- CPU: Ryzen 7 5700X- GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB OC,PCIe- PSU: Coolermaster MWE GOLD v2 modular 650w- RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 32GB 2 x 16GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 AMD Ryzen Memory Kit- HDD: 500GB SSD,M.2-...
  6. "Seeking Help: BIOS Update Disrupted HP ProBook Functionality"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Seeking Help: BIOS Update Disrupted HP ProBook Functionality": "Hello! I'm currently using an HP ProBook, and I recently received a BIOS update for my laptop. However, after successfully completing the update, I encountered an issue with my fn-key functionality. Previously, the fn-key would control various functions like adjusting...
  7. "Seeking Help: BIOS Update Disrupted HP ProBook Functionality"

"Seeking Help: BIOS Update Disrupted HP ProBook Functionality": "Hello! I'm currently using an HP ProBook, and I recently received a BIOS update for my laptop. However, after successfully completing the update, I encountered an issue with my fn-key functionality. Previously, the fn-key would control various functions like adjusting...
  8. "Seeking Help: BIOS Update Disrupted HP ProBook Functionality"

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Hi, can you please help me, I had my PC bluescreen and it's stuck in the BIOS menu. I try...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, can you please help me, I had my PC bluescreen and it's stuck in the BIOS menu. I try...: Hi, I need some help, apparently my PC crashed and blue screened, and now it's stuck in Utility mode BIOS and I cannot get out of it. I try saving and exiting but nothing's working...
  10. Hi, can you please help me, I had my PC bluescreen and it's stuck in the BIOS menu. I try...

Hi, can you please help me, I had my PC bluescreen and it's stuck in the BIOS menu. I try...: Hi, I need some help, apparently my PC crashed and blue screened, and now it's stuck in Utility mode BIOS and I cannot get out of it. I try saving and exiting but nothing's working...