Windows 10: BIOS not detecting USB3 pen drives in USB3 Hub

Discus and support BIOS not detecting USB3 pen drives in USB3 Hub in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I open the BIOS the pen drives plugged into the USB3 hub are not listed in the "Boot priority settings", however, if a pen drive is plugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by toolman59, Dec 13, 2015.

1. toolman59 Win User

BIOS not detecting USB3 pen drives in USB3 Hub

When I open the BIOS the pen drives plugged into the USB3 hub are not listed in the "Boot priority settings", however, if a pen drive is plugged directly into the PC USB3 or USB2 port it appears in the "Boot priority settings".
    Once booted into Windows 10 all USB2 and USB3 pen drives in the hub are recognised.

The hub is an "EasyAcc USB 3.0 7 Port Bus-Powered and Self-Powered 2-in-1 Hub ".
    The Mother board is a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3. All the latest drivers are installed.

Is it possible for a BIOS to see pen drives plugged into a hub? I am not sure whether I was unlucky in my choice of hub and chose one with the limitation of being blind to the BIOS, or this a normal for all hubs?

:)

toolman59, Dec 13, 2015
  2. lshing Win User

Hitachi Touro Desk Pro Does Not Work in Windows 10

I solved the problem on my laptop by daisy-chaining the Hitachi drive onto a usbc hub, which has powered usb3 ports on it. I assume the drivers for the usbc expansion hub obfuscates the required usb3 driver for the Hitachi just enough to make things work.
    Perhaps a powered usb3 hub will also work. I only had 1TB locked up in the drive due to the lack of motivation by Hitachi or Microsoft to fix the problem.

LAW

lshing, Dec 13, 2015
  3. Fresco Logic xHCI(USB3) Root Hub has a driver problem after Windows 10 upgrade

My Bluetooth and USB devices were working fine on windows 7, after upgrade to Windows 10 they stopped detecting. On trouble shooting getting the message -Fresco Logic xHCI(USB3) Root Hub has a driver problem - Not fixed.

After the Windows 10 'K' series update they were working for few days and now abruptly stopped. Checked for updates, says system is up to date. Can you help.

Make- ASUS model - N73SV.

Issues found

Fresco Logic xHCI (USB3) Root Hub has a driver problemFresco Logic xHCI (USB3) Root Hub has a driver problem

There is a problem with the driver for Fresco Logic xHCI (USB3) Root Hub. The driver needs to be reinstalled. Not fixed Not Fixed

Reinstall device driver Completed

Problem with PnP devicesProblem with PnP devices

There are problems with some PnP devices. Windows will take additional steps to further troubleshoot these devices. Detected Detected

Shon C Sunny, Dec 13, 2015
Thema:

BIOS not detecting USB3 pen drives in USB3 Hub

1. BIOS not detecting USB3 pen drives in USB3 Hub - Similar Threads - BIOS detecting USB3

2. Pen Drive not being detected by BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pen Drive not being detected by BIOS: I just wanted to TRYDon't kill me Microsoft, I am not leaving Windows Linux Mint on a real hardware, so I installed as per the given guides on the internet on a USB, but whenever I plug in the USB, Windows CAN detect the USB and lets me go in there, but my BIOS cannot. My...
  3. 7 port usb3 hub surface book 3

7 port usb3 hub surface book 3: Hi I purchased an Anker usb3 powered hub with 7 ports+3IQ but SB3 displays an error message stating it can only handle 5 ports... The hub has exactly 5 usb devices connected to it leaving 2 empty and only 3 are relayed and working while the other 2 devices won't connect....
  4. Reliable USB3 powered hubs?

Reliable USB3 powered hubs?: Greetings. I have purchased and used a few usb3 hubs. All have failed over time. Even the powered ones. Anyone have recommendations for ones that are reliable that will support 5 or more usb drives/sticks ? thx. 137196
  5. USB3 Port - Some undetected drives

USB3 Port - Some undetected drives: I have read multiple help from all over the place. Seems there is no fix for undetected drives. I have an ASUS laptop. I have 2 identical 16G USB drives one is detected, 1 not. I have 2 different 500GB external HDD's. One detected, one not. All 4 are detected OK in 2 other...
  6. USB3 device not migrated

USB3 device not migrated: I keep getting this error. I have uninstalled reinstall drivers tried diffrent usb ports both usb2.0 and usb 3.0 with no luck. Device USB\VID_0403&PID_601F&MI_00\6&1f7b2494&1&0000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Last Device Instance Id:...
  7. USB2 and USB3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB2 and USB3: Win 10 seems to sort problems its own way. On Win 7, there's no trouble about plugging in USB 2 devices. But when I plug in my camera [PRAKTICA Z250 - not a Smithsonian exhibit] on the Win 10 pc the pics don't download with an on-screen choice, no matter how I set up the...
  8. USB2 and USB3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB2 and USB3: Win 10 seems to sort problems its own way. On Win 7, there's no trouble about plugging in USB 2 devices. But when I plug in my camera [PRAKTICA Z250 - not a Smithsonian exhibit] on the Win 10 pc the pics don't download with an on-screen choice, no matter how I set up the...
  9. Samsung SSD On Sata to USB3 Adapter Cable Shows As SCSI Not USB3

Samsung SSD On Sata to USB3 Adapter Cable Shows As SCSI Not USB3: My external Sata Samsung SSD (on a Sata to USB3 adapter cable plugged into a USB3 motherboard external port) shows as a SCSI drive and not as a USB3 drive in Device Manager on my computer. It should show as a USB3 device As a result, the transfer speeds which should operate...
  10. USB3 device not recognized

USB3 device not recognized: ‎HP elitebook 8540w Windows 10 (64-bit) I almost have a complete system under W10 - no thanks to HP............. When I plug a USB3 flash drive into either USB3 port the message is Windows does not recognize it. If I plug the same drive into another computer USB3...