Windows 10: BIOS not showing up on the initial loading screen

Discus and support BIOS not showing up on the initial loading screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello everyone when i first started windows (windows XP) i always entered the BIOS through the use of the f keys at what i call the "initial boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sdodd02, Sep 2, 2015.

1. sdodd02 Win User

BIOS not showing up on the initial loading screen

hello everyone

when i first started windows (windows XP) i always entered the BIOS through the use of the f keys at what i call the "initial boot menu" as i got older i jumped with the changes with windows and now i am at windows 10 after making the jump from 8.1 .

however i noticed my option on the "initial start up menu" to load up BIOS instead of my OS is no longer present and i must always go through the windows system to access it. while this is not always a problem , it is now that i am required as a college student to use multiple OS , i must now use a dual boot system, which is severely impractical with what seems to be the newest versions of windows forcing me to go through their system to access the BIOS menu.

is there something wrong here software wise in the windows 10 operating system that i dont know ? or is this a common thing for more modern versions of the OS?

i have tried troubleshooting in a few ways with no results in bringing back my option to Boot the BIOS

but this is what i have tried so far

Turned off "fast startup "
    reset the BIOS/CMOS by "setting to defaults in the BIOS menu"

i figured to ask for help before doing anything else, due to it being mostly reinstalling the OS or reverting back to a less modern version , not sure what the problem is , but i need the BIOS as a startup option and i am hoping someone here can help before classes start in about a week .

any help is appreciated
    Shawn dodd

:)

sdodd02, Sep 2, 2015

2. Windows 10 June 2017 Update KB4022405 ISSUES

Stuck on perpetual loading screen. Others are experiencing the same thing.

Black initial screen with dots circling at the bottom center of the screen. Totally locked up. Can not get into anything except bios, can NOT get into F4 for recover NOR F2 for set up. Just the first black screen and it keeps periodically playing the initial
    windows music tune.

All happening since forced update on June 2017

NOT HAPPY!!!

What are we supposed to do with this!?!

TheHudaceks, Sep 2, 2015
  3. MikeOrban Win User
    Microsoft Solitaire with Windows 10

Although the initial screen comes up with tiles for the games (premium edition), clicking on any of the games just shows a loading window that never completes. I paid for a one year subscription and need better service than the troubleshooter that shows
    nothing.

MikeOrban, Sep 2, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Hi Shawn

I really do not understand the issue you are describing. Are you saying you are no longer getting the options to enter your BIOS when you boot? ie The "Press F2 or DEL to enter BIOS" dialog

If that is the case, than enter the BIOS via windows advanced startup options and disable fast boot in your BIOS. Save and exit. The BIOS option should now be availble on powering up your system

Edit: And welcome to the forum *Smile

WhyMe, Sep 2, 2015
  5. essenbe Win User
    Excuse the confusion, but fast startup and fast boot are interchangable terms to some people. There is one in the OS and one in the BIOS. If you disable the one in BIOS, you should get the same manufacturer's screen where you can enter with the F keys. I had to disable mine for the same reason. Sometimes you will get a brief look at it if you start from a cold boot. Never from a restart.

essenbe, Sep 2, 2015
  6. WhyMe Win User
    And just for extra clarity. Once you are at the advanced startup options screen that I referred to earlier, you must click on the following buttons to enter the bios:

BIOS not showing up on the initial loading screen [​IMG]

BIOS not showing up on the initial loading screen [​IMG]

Then you can enter BIOS and disable the "Fast Boot" option

WhyMe, Sep 2, 2015
  7. sdodd02 Win User
    yes thats what i meant sorry for the confusion, and i will try what the both of you suggest and report back here

sdodd02, Sep 2, 2015
  8. sdodd02 Win User

i tried that and my boot mode was set to normal

sorry for the lack of clarity, but yes i have set the boot to normal , and i have gone inside the windows system and removed the "fast startup " there as well both of these were done before i cam here

not sure where to go from here,
    anymore suggestions

sdodd02, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. BIOS not showing up on the initial loading screen - Similar Threads - BIOS showing initial

2. ssd doesnt show up in bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd doesnt show up in bios: When i try to install windows it just gets in a infinite loop of asking my keyboard layout, i think it is because my ssd doesnt show up in the boot priority when im in boot mode uefi but if i go to legacy uefi it shows up but then when i try to donwload windows then it says...
  3. M2 not showing up in bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    M2 not showing up in bios: Hi,I have two M2 dives, one with windows installed and the other for storage.For some reason, windows will recognise both drives but in bios, the C drive will not show up. If I dig deeper in the bios in subsequent "boot" settings, I can find both drives but it doesn't show up...
  4. BIOS screen doesn't load

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS screen doesn't load: When I am afk for a longer time, the systems goes on standby. The screen is black. Generally I just press the power button and I am on the normal Windows screen from where I enter Windows. However today when I pressed the power button, nothing happened and the screen stayed...
  5. SSD not showing up in BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD not showing up in BIOS: Hey! Around one week ago my SSD started to troll me, and my PC started to get blue screen every day with an error code of UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION, I didn't cared about it too much, I jist restarted my PC and ignored it. But today I started to get blue screens every 30...
  6. PC not loading up to desktop and showing a blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC not loading up to desktop and showing a blue screen: I loaded up my PC and it showed a blue screen saying EXPECTED KERNAL MODE TRAP. I waited 9-10 minutes for it to find any errors but nothing happend. I restarted and shut down my pc multiple times, tried to reset my PC but it reached 55% and returned me to the blue recovery...
  7. The computers initial screen won't show

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The computers initial screen won't show: Usually when you start up your computer, the initial screen with the manufacturers logo and options to enter the bios, etc... But on my computer, that won't show up, and windows just instantly appears without the previous screen. Without it, I can't get into the BIOS or the...
  8. Loading into BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Loading into BIOS: So I have an Acer predator monitor and when I start up my pc and press the delete button, windows doesn't start up, which is expected as it's gone into BIOS, but I have a black screen and an orange light on the monitor indicating that there's no video signal. I was able to...
  9. Initial Start up screen picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Initial Start up screen picture: I would like to change the picture that appears PRIOR to the login screen. It seems to be a default picture, chosen by Windows. I remembered when I first installed Windows 10,each time I started my laptop a different picture would appear and I'd be asked if I liked the...
  10. After initial Dell loading screen, computer restarts.

in Windows 10 Support
    After initial Dell loading screen, computer restarts.: After upgrading to windows 10, I was able to use it. But, when I tried turning my computer back on the next day, it would restart after the Dell loading screen would go away. It will go through this reboot cycle and never end. Ive tried pulling up the advanced boot options...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no press f2 or del to enter bios page

2. bios not showing up

3. BIOS not showing up on the initial loading screen ...