Windows 10: BIOS POST After Windows Update.

Discus and support BIOS POST After Windows Update. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I had posted about this over at Nvidia forums and got a nice snarky reply. If anyone else is having issues or ideas please let me know (although I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by andyouf, Aug 19, 2018.

1. andyouf Win User

BIOS POST After Windows Update.

Hi, I had posted about this over at Nvidia forums and got a nice snarky reply. If anyone else is having issues or ideas please let me know (although I have already posted about this). My main reason is to ask whether it is possible for a Windows update to affect my PC's bios post routine. *Smile If so, how? Thank you.

At least I believe I was knowledgeable enough (I think) about fast startup being the culprit from another user.

Am I right here? And is the system resetting itself and getting through on the second attempt?

:)

andyouf, Aug 19, 2018
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Aug 19, 2018
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Aug 19, 2018
  4. BIOS POST After Windows Update.

Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

BIOS POST After Windows Update.

1. BIOS POST After Windows Update. - Similar Threads - BIOS POST Update

2. BSOD Error post BIOS: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Error post BIOS: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello - I have recently built a new PC and it was working okay for 5-10 minutes at a time but kept crashing to BSOD. This has happened a few times now and the PC now instantly goes to BSOD after the Motherboard manufacturers screen.I have tried the following with no...
  3. BSOD Error post BIOS: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Error post BIOS: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello - I have recently built a new PC and it was working okay for 5-10 minutes at a time but kept crashing to BSOD. This has happened a few times now and the PC now instantly goes to BSOD after the Motherboard manufacturers screen.I have tried the following with no...
  4. Windows activation after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation after bios update: After updating the bios, im unable to activate windows 11, which was already activated. You're telling me I can't update the bios without windows freaking out. I paid for this product and now the only thing the troubleshooter is telling me to do is to just buy another product...
  5. Windows activation after bios update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows activation after bios update: After updating the bios, im unable to activate windows 11, which was already activated. You're telling me I can't update the bios without windows freaking out. I paid for this product and now the only thing the troubleshooter is telling me to do is to just buy another product...
  6. Windows error after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows error after BIOS update: Hey everyone. I have just built my first PC and am having some issues. I am using windows 10 with an aorus gigabyte elite wifi MB and a Ryzen 5 2600. I have two NVMe hard drives labeled C and D. During my initial install, I had installed windows to the D drive and it was...
  7. Installed PNY M4000 but Bios will not post

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Installed PNY M4000 but Bios will not post: I changed my graphics card from a Geforce GTX 670 to a NVIDIA Quadro M4000. Since doing so, I cannot get to the bios. I have used the F2 key with no response, the F7 with no response and the F10 key with no response. I have also used the Escape key with no response. I am...
  8. No BIOS Post and Blank Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No BIOS Post and Blank Screen: I've got a Dell Inspiron One 2205 All-in-One computer that shows no signs of life except that it is receiving power. It was working fine one moment then, later on in the day when I started it again, nothing happened. When the power switch is pressed, it turns orange but...
  9. BIOS POST on restart too long

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BIOS POST on restart too long: Please review the forums rules about piracy. *Arrow Forum Rules - Windows 10 Help Forums
  10. BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST...

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST...: When I start my computer, immediately after the Intel logo, I get the message: "BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST attempt(s). Possible causes include recent changes to BIOS, Performance Options or recent hardware change. Press 'Y' to enter Setup or 'N' to cancel and...