Windows 10: BIOS reads "Boot error" after cloning OS drive

Discus and support BIOS reads "Boot error" after cloning OS drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In an elevated ("run as administrator") command prompt enter: BCDBOOT F:\Windows /addlast /d Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dirtbag, Feb 19, 2016.

1. NavyLCDR New Member

BIOS reads "Boot error" after cloning OS drive

In an elevated ("run as administrator") command prompt enter:

BCDBOOT F:\Windows /addlast /d

NavyLCDR, Mar 29, 2016
  2. dsychan Win User

Thanks That worked.
    I had other issues after that .
    It was stuck on windows manager
    I was able to remove it and create a new file path or the boot file.

dsychan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

BIOS reads "Boot error" after cloning OS drive

1. BIOS reads "Boot error" after cloning OS drive - Similar Threads - BIOS reads Boot

2. Cloning OS drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning OS drive: I'm running 10 on a refurb'd Dell which came with 10 on an SSD. I would like to make a bootable clone of the OS on a 2nd SSD of the same size (128 gig). I've used Macrium in the past to clone a 7 OS disk, worked fine, but I have read a few threads online where a user has...
  3. Error 0xc000000e after cloning my boot drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0xc000000e after cloning my boot drive.: I bought a new SSD 240 GB from Amazon and decided to migrate Windows 10 from HDD to SDD though the use of EaseUS. The clone was successful and thus I rebooted using the new boot drive and it worked, displaying the SSD as the c drive. I wiped my old boot drive, the HDD, and...
  4. Cloning boot drive to an SSD, cannot boot with cloned drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning boot drive to an SSD, cannot boot with cloned drive: I'm sure I screwed something up, but here's my situation. I bought an SSD, unfortunately a little smaller than I should have. In using free Macrium Reflect software to clone my original main drive, I realized I needed a few more gigs of space. The operation requires moving...
  5. Error 0x00001 after booting Windows from cloned drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 0x00001 after booting Windows from cloned drive: Hi! After the problems I had with my SSD, I manahed to get it working for long enough to be able to clone it to my HDD. However, when I rebooted the laptop from the HDD I got the error pictured below. How to fix it? And yes, I did activate the FAT32 section of the HDD...
  6. Cloned drive won’t boot

Cloned drive won’t boot: I copied my upgraded OS from a suspected failing 13yr-old Seagate 160GB (keeps crashing) onto a WDC 500GB using MiniTool Partition Wizard – How to migrate OS to SSD/HD, but the cloned drive won’t boot, it just shows a DOS screen with the letter j followed by a blinking...
  7. Cloned Boot Drive won't boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloned Boot Drive won't boot: Update: Whilst typing up all that I’d done so far, I managed to solve it, but posting anyway in case of help to others. Apologies in advance for being a newbie and the probably obvious mistakes made here. I had a Windows 10 Pro install on a 128GB SSD. It was full so I...
  8. Cloned drive will not boot

Cloned drive will not boot: Hi guys I'm a little embarrassed to ask for help from a cloning operation, being an IT guy...but this one has me stumped. Short background: Bought a inexpensive Acer laptop (R 15) Seemed like a great deal for under $499, great screen, good video, Intel i5. But got it...
  9. Clone OS to second hard drive to boot in case of primary drive failure

Clone OS to second hard drive to boot in case of primary drive failure: I've read up on creating dual boot setups, and for a while had a second system on a partition of my only hard drive. Gave that up as unwieldy and installed a second disk for backups. I propose to install a copy of my OS on the new disk as a partition. Couple of questions:...
  10. Hard drive/OS/Cloning Issue

Hard drive/OS/Cloning Issue: So I have a laptop with two 500 GB hard drives in it. I was going to clone these two drives using a Wavlink USB 3.0 dual bay docking station , and clone them onto a pair of 2 TB drives. Some how my two source drives have become not boot able. I have connected...