Windows 10: Bios refuses to boot from SSD via add in card

Discus and support Bios refuses to boot from SSD via add in card in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have an old Alienware area 51 which I have upgraded to win10. I have two 500gb sata drives in raid 0 connected via motherboard the raid is via the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Strangerat, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Bios refuses to boot from SSD via add in card

Hi I have an old Alienware area 51 which I have upgraded to win10. I have two 500gb sata drives in raid 0 connected via motherboard the raid is via the onboard raid controller. I have installed a new ssd via an add in card. I have installed a clean install of win 10 on the ssd but the bios refuses to boot from this drive it boots from the old drives instead.
    If the old drives are not connected it boots from the ssd. I can see the ssd as a drive when it boots from the old install. If I select ssd as first boot pirority it still boots from the old raid instead and when I go back into the bios the boot order will be switched around. I'm presuming there is no way of fixing this short of wiping the old drives and switching where the drives are plugged in but if there is any help would be appreciated. Wanted to boot with the ssd and leisurely pick through the carcass of the old drives before wiping them eventually.

:)

Strangerat, Aug 27, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Aug 27, 2015
  3. Windows sytem error.repair boot sector

ASus motherboard, seems fine , but if I make bios change , almost always ,windows 10 says , pc needs to be repaired and that the book sector (BCD) is bad ,- all black screen with white text, and computer refuses to boot past that screen,into Windows 10.

What would cause this from just altering bios, using default values , IDE for hdd and making sure I told bios toboot from my current a ssd ?

Is the bios going bad, or motherboard possibly?

Or is windows 10 having problems with its own boot sector and its communication with the motherboard ?

thx

leebojammin, Aug 27, 2015
  4. Snakeyes Win User

Bios refuses to boot from SSD via add in card

Use a disk imaging program to image your Raid 0. You can later mount the image and browse to your hearts content.

Snakeyes, Aug 28, 2015
Thema:

Bios refuses to boot from SSD via add in card

1. Bios refuses to boot from SSD via add in card - Similar Threads - Bios refuses boot

2. Error booting from ssd. BIOS SAYS 1 GB SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error booting from ssd. BIOS SAYS 1 GB SSD: Hello, so i have a pc which is constantly giving me errors.The error started a year back when I had a 1tb hdd. I used to get a lot off boot errors like corrupted boot drive etc. When nothing helped I reinstalled windows 10 . After some time same problem. So I replaced it with...
  3. Error booting from ssd. BIOS SAYS 1 GB SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error booting from ssd. BIOS SAYS 1 GB SSD: Hello, so i have a pc which is constantly giving me errors.The error started a year back when I had a 1tb hdd. I used to get a lot off boot errors like corrupted boot drive etc. When nothing helped I reinstalled windows 10 . After some time same problem. So I replaced it with...
  4. No option to boot from SSD in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to boot from SSD in BIOS: Hi.Recently I installed a 128GB SSD in my HP Pavillion gaming 15 ec009ax which earlier only had 1TB HDD installed. I migrated the Windows from HDD to SSD using the mini tool partition wizard but I can not set the SSD as the boot device in the BIOS. It only shows the HDD as...
  5. No option to boot from SSD in BIOS

No option to boot from SSD in BIOS: Hi.Recently I installed a 128GB SSD in my HP Pavillion gaming 15 ec009ax which earlier only had 1TB HDD installed. I migrated the Windows from HDD to SSD using the mini tool partition wizard but I can not set the SSD as the boot device in the BIOS. It only shows the HDD as...
  6. Help with BIOS settings, need to boot from SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with BIOS settings, need to boot from SSD: Hi!The drives on my machine an older Alienware are:internal SSD, the only bootable drive Cinternal HD Dbarely used CDR for legacy stuff Ea pair of external drives no bootable partitions, various letters from F to TFor some reason, since upgrading to Windows 11 my machine is...
  7. Help with BIOS settings, need to boot from SSD

Help with BIOS settings, need to boot from SSD: Hi!The drives on my machine an older Alienware are:internal SSD, the only bootable drive Cinternal HD Dbarely used CDR for legacy stuff Ea pair of external drives no bootable partitions, various letters from F to TFor some reason, since upgrading to Windows 11 my machine is...
  8. SSD is in BIOS, but Windows 10 won’t boot from it

in Windows 10 News
    SSD is in BIOS, but Windows 10 won’t boot from it: [ATTACH]Solid-state drives (SSD) are a faster upgrade to the traditional hard disk drives (HDD). […] This article SSD is in BIOS, but Windows 10 won’t boot from it first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Not able to boot from M2 NVME SSD card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not able to boot from M2 NVME SSD card: I decided to upgrade my old Gigabyte board desktop to include NVME SSD -- so I bought a Micro Connections PCI-e NVME card and mounted a Crucial NVME SSD on it. The problem is that Windows sees it just fine -- so I used Macro Reflect to clone my OS drive to the SSD but when I...
  10. How to initiate SSD boot from SD card?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to initiate SSD boot from SD card?: Going a bit crazy trying to get my laptop to recognize a new NVMe SSD that I want to use in it. The Win 10 installer has no problem seeing & the laptop can access it. But the BIOS doesn't recognize the device.. so it's not bootable. I've tried just about every BIOS setting...