Windows 10: BIOS sees new HDD but Windows Device and Disk manager do not

Discus and support BIOS sees new HDD but Windows Device and Disk manager do not in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just bought a used, rebuilt i7-3770 computer with Toshiba 1TB HD (SATA0), 16GB memory and Windows 10 Pro in a HP 8300 Elite case, with HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kartchns, Sep 19, 2017.

1. kartchns Win User

BIOS sees new HDD but Windows Device and Disk manager do not

I just bought a used, rebuilt i7-3770 computer with Toshiba 1TB HD (SATA0), 16GB memory and Windows 10 Pro in a HP 8300 Elite case, with HP motehrboard. I bought a 500 gb Samsung SDD. I installed it on SATA1 and BIOS showed it. Then I tried to clone to it and both clone softwares and Windows 10 Disk and Device Manager would not see it. So I put it in a USB adapter and cloned to it with no problems. Then I installed it in SATA0 (unplug HDD) and it boots just fine. Then I installed the original HDD again on SATA1, BIOS sees it but Windows 10 does not. So I unplug the SSD from SATA0 and reboot and it boots fine from the HDD from SATA1. So both drives are recognized and boot when they are the only drive installed. So I plug in the SDD to SATA0 again and it boots fine from SDD, but no HD on SATA1 in Windows. So I change the BIOS to boot form SATA1 on HDD. It boots fine from the HDD on SATA1 but no SDD on SATA0 in windows (BIOS sees it). So the cables are good. The connections are good. Both SATA0 and SATA1 will boot when selected or only drive connected. BIOS always sees both or either drive when connected. But it won't show both drives in windows Disk Management or Device Manager when both connected. They always show the on it booted from and that is it. What do I do? Is there another BIOS setting I am missing?

:)

kartchns, Sep 19, 2017
  2. semichipz Win User

3TB HGST SATA drive not recognized by Windows 10 fresh install - SOLVED !!!

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68x-ud3p-b3 using UEFI BIOS U1F - BIOS set to AHCI, IRST disabled

Installed identical twin 3GB HDDs, HGST HDN724030ALE640

Fresh install of Windows 10 Version 1511 OS Build 10586.36

Symptoms:

Windows 10 installed successfully on first HDD (with zero additional software), second HDD is not yet formatted

Device manager shows both HDDs

Disk management shows first HDD only (as Disk 0); does not recognize second HDD (presumably Disk 1) but does show Windows 10 USB installation disk (as Disk 2)

Both drives are recognised in BIOS prior to loading the operating system

Attempts to solve this:

(1) Via Device manager - scan for hardware changes; disable/enable second HDD; uninstall second HDD (then forced restart when HDD is recognized in device manager but not in disk management - thus symptoms unchanged)

(2) Via command prompt - sfc /scannow and dism /restorehealth - no obvious problems found, reboot machine, no change in symptoms

This seems utterly puzzling to me. Any suggestions?

semichipz, Sep 19, 2017
  3. Windows 10 does not recognize the secondary NEW hdd, but the bios does.

I've tried the disk management thing (the disk is not shown in the disk management), and almost everything google has gave me.

Here what i can share.

I can see the disk in "manage storages spaces"

I can see the disk at the device manager

The HDD is new, from today.

The HDD is connected by SATA connection.

Windows is installed on ssd.

(sorry for bad english.)

RandomShittyGuy, Sep 19, 2017
  4. kartchns Win User

SOLVED! Deleted ATA controller in Device Manager and rebooted. It found both drives when rebooting.

kartchns, Sep 19, 2017
Thema:

1. BIOS sees new HDD but Windows Device and Disk manager do not - Similar Threads - BIOS sees HDD

2. HDD dint detected on BIOs and Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD dint detected on BIOs and Disk Management: I have 2 things of storage. first is 1Tb HDD barracuda and 128GB ssd. The ssd is working fine and I can see it in the bios of my gigabyte motherboard but I cant see my hdd in there. Also i'm already trying to change port sata cable each of them,change the sata with new one...
  3. HDD dint detected on BIOs and Disk Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD dint detected on BIOs and Disk Management: I have 2 things of storage. first is 1Tb HDD barracuda and 128GB ssd. The ssd is working fine and I can see it in the bios of my gigabyte motherboard but I cant see my hdd in there. Also i'm already trying to change port sata cable each of them,change the sata with new one...
  4. HDD dint detected on BIOs and Disk Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HDD not detected in bios or disk management

HDD not detected in bios or disk management: Hi, I have recently built a computer. Ryzen 5 2600 and MSI 1660 super. I have 2 things of storage. 1 M.2 ssd which is 1 tb. and a 4tb Wd Blue. The 1tb is working fine and I can see it in the bios of my gigabyte motherboard but I cant see my WD blue. If you can provide me...
  6. Old HDD shows in BIOS but not in Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old HDD shows in BIOS but not in Disk Manager: This HDD is a 2tb, I've been using it for almost 10 years now, however yesterday I noticed the drive was missing in "This PC". I shut down the PC while holding shift while clicking shutdown. HDD came back upon reboot. Later in the night while playing a game, I got a...
  7. Second HDD showing up in BIOS and Device Management, but not in Disk Management

Second HDD showing up in BIOS and Device Management, but not in Disk Management: Hello! First of all about my config Lenovo Y720-15IKB OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB Motherboard: Intel H170 ITX KBL-S( I believe, the system doesnt say it, I looked up on the internet) BIOS version/date: LENOVO 4GCN31WW, 2017. 09. 27. SSD: Kingston...
  8. Missing HDD in BIOS, Explorer and Disk Manager

Missing HDD in BIOS, Explorer and Disk Manager: I recently started having issues with Windows 7 and decided to upgrade the system in stages. I was running the following: C: Main WD 1TB Caviar Black (Windows 7 and most software) D: Photos (WD 500MB Caviar Blue) E: DVD G: Simulator software (WD 1TB WD Caviar Black) and all...
  9. Missing HDD in BIOS and Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing HDD in BIOS and Disk Manager: I recently started having issues with Windows 7 and decided to upgrade the system in stages. I was running the following: C: Main WD 1TB Caviar Black (Windows 7 and most software) D: Photos (WD 500MB Caviar Blue) E: DVD G: Simulator software (WD 1TB WD Caviar Black) and all...
  10. Disk Manager, Device Manager, BIOS unable to see Disk

Disk Manager, Device Manager, BIOS unable to see Disk: Hello everyone, A friend of mine bought a 3TB Seagate SATA drive off eBay about a week ago. He has been having trouble with it since. He said at first the disk showed up in disk management but after a while stopped showing up all together. It wont show up in the BIOS,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bios sees drive but device manager does not

2. bios sees disk but windows not

3. bios sees hdd

4. windows disk management not recognize disk but yes bios,
  5. device manager sees hdd but not windows