Windows 10: BIOS startup not happening

Discus and support BIOS startup not happening in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Until I did a Windows 10 fresh install my PC was set in the BIOS (and still remains the same) set to startup the PC at a predetermined time everyday.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by scubadvr01, Oct 15, 2015.

1. BIOS startup not happening

Until I did a Windows 10 fresh install my PC was set in the BIOS (and still remains the same) set to startup the PC at a predetermined time everyday. ASROCK H77. And it did so daily until the Windows 10 Pro install. Did the update first to activate. Then fresh install. Like I said BIOS has not changed. Any ideas. Searched internet multiple ways with no resolve. *sarc ANy help would be much appreciated.

:)

scubadvr01, Oct 15, 2015

2. BSOD before Windows starts - only when secondary HDDs are plugged in

THANK YOU!

I disabled Fast Boot in my BIOS and the problem stopped (I still have Fast Startup in Windows enabled).

From what I read about fast boot is it initializes all the hardware at once instead of one by one. This can speed up startup. I think I can tell a small increase in startup time by disabling this but its fixed!

If anyone knows a workaround where I can turn fast boot back on in the BIOS that would be great, but I have a stable computer again!

Martin Leb, Oct 15, 2015
  3. slance310 Win User
    BSOD before Windows starts - only when secondary HDDs are plugged in

Hi,

What happens if you only plug in the 1TB drive... Does this happen then as well ?

You might tinker with FAST Boot and\or Secure Boot in your BIOS...

They can cause problems similar to Fast Startup...

slance310, Oct 15, 2015
  4. Ninetailz Win User

BIOS startup not happening

Can you be more clear on what problem you are having? What do you mean by PC was set at BIOS? You mean legacy mode or uefi mode?

Ninetailz, Oct 15, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Turn off fast startup in Windows 10. Fast startup does not give control back to bios when it shuts down, it really puts computer into deep sleep.

NavyLCDR, Oct 15, 2015
  6. BIOS is UEFI as far as I know. ASROCK Z77 (listed incorrectly at first). In the BIOS there is an option for scheduled startup or RTC. Is is set for everyday at 4 am for the computer to come on automatically (I shutdown every night), not sleep or hybernate. Which WIndows automatically boots at startup. Everything was good in WIndows 7.

scubadvr01, Oct 15, 2015
  7. DustSailor, Oct 15, 2015
  8. BIOS startup not happening

If Windows Fast Startup is enabled, your PC will go into a hybrid sleep mode, even if you select shut down. As a test try turning it off. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

alphanumeric, Oct 15, 2015
  9. Startup by RTC is strictly a BIOS feature. It has nothing to do with the OS. It simulates pressing the power button every day at a certain time. For it to work though, the PC has to be fully shut down so it can start from a cold start. If it's in a sleep state it likely won't work. The motherboard thinks its already on.

alphanumeric, Oct 15, 2015
  10. Copy that, when I get home I will turn off fast startup and see what it does in the morning. Thanks much all!

scubadvr01, Oct 15, 2015
  11. Turned off fast startup and the next am the PC started via the BIOS time as set. So that did take care of it! YEA!!! Thanks Much Everyone!

scubadvr01, Oct 17, 2015
  12. Good stuff. IMHO, Fast Startup causes more issues than it's worth. Especially if you have an SSD. A lot of people just don't understand what it does. When turned on "Shutdown" isn't what you think it is. Anyway, now your fixed and that's all that matters.

alphanumeric, Oct 17, 2015
  13. BIOS startup not happening

The problem is Ms has it set automatically, and set as recommended. Is there a difference between fast startup in the windows environment and the bios?

DustSailor, Oct 17, 2015
  14. Agree. Shutdown should mean "SHUTDOWN".

scubadvr01, Oct 17, 2015
  15. That's over my head, but as I know it, your PC goes into an S1 or S3 sleep state (forget witch) instead of a full shutdown. That's how it gets the fast startup. Actually selecting sleep or hibernate does something else, one step further I guess. One of the first things I do after a clean install is run powercfg -h off from the command prompt. This kills the hiberfill.sys file and disables sleep and hibernation. I run an SSD so fast startup doesn't gain me anything in start up time.

alphanumeric, Oct 17, 2015
Thema:

BIOS startup not happening

1. BIOS startup not happening - Similar Threads - BIOS startup happening

2. HP envy boots to bios on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP envy boots to bios on startup: My laptop HP Envy recently began to boot to Bios on startup. My drivers are up to date and have made no hardware or software changes. I don't see a failed update. When it boots to bios it will not initially let me access the menu only has a box with save changes yes no. It...
  3. HP envy boots to bios on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP envy boots to bios on startup: My laptop HP Envy recently began to boot to Bios on startup. My drivers are up to date and have made no hardware or software changes. I don't see a failed update. When it boots to bios it will not initially let me access the menu only has a box with save changes yes no. It...
  4. Laptop BIOS Screen Loop. Startup returns to BIOS Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop BIOS Screen Loop. Startup returns to BIOS Screen: Hi my laptop is relatively new but today when it went into Hibernation mode, the screen froze. I hard reset the laptop and the Blue Screen 'There is a problem with your computer we need to restart it' Sad Emoji. The blue screen disappeared and showed the BIOS Setup page. No...
  5. Laptop BIOS Screen Loop. Startup returns to BIOS Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop BIOS Screen Loop. Startup returns to BIOS Screen: Hi my laptop is relatively new but today when it went into Hibernation mode, the screen froze. I hard reset the laptop and the Blue Screen 'There is a problem with your computer we need to restart it' Sad Emoji. The blue screen disappeared and showed the BIOS Setup page. No...
  6. Laptop BIOS Screen Loop. Startup returns to BIOS Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Stuck on InsydeH20 BIOS screen on startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on InsydeH20 BIOS screen on startup: Hi there, whenever I start up my computer, I get stuck on the InsydeH20 utility and the laptop starts beeping. I have to switch off the laptop because no key interacts with this error. The laptop was fine until I upgraded to Windows 10. How do I fix this?...
  8. Unable to access BIOS at startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to access BIOS at startup: I am converting from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, using a clean new disk and a new licence. I am having problems with a recent W 10 update, that introduced a problem with a 'PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller - Driver'. (See another thread). In Windows...
  9. BSOD happens on the startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD happens on the startup: Hello Sumit My name is Tapan I do face a problem on my windows BSOD everytime I startup my computer for the first time in the day then afterwards it all runs normally. I did upload everything like you said on the microsoft one drive cloud. Can you please take a look for me...
  10. Startup not happening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup not happening: My pc wont boot and show windows it only opens in safe mode as when i again try to start windows 10 a error code 0xc000000f shows with blue screen and the no automatic repairl and startup tools are in my pc...