Windows 10: Bios Update crashes Windows and recovery doesn't work.

Discus and support Bios Update crashes Windows and recovery doesn't work. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I have a problem with a windows 10 machine. I have been working on friends computer ( Dell Inspirion 2330 All in One running Windows 10, with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bolkotrol, Jun 18, 2018.

1. bolkotrol Win User

Bios Update crashes Windows and recovery doesn't work.

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with a windows 10 machine. I have been working on friends computer ( Dell Inspirion 2330 All in One running Windows 10, with all updates) And i have noticed that every few minutes it freezes for 30 seconds and then works fine. Being good Samaritan i decided yo fix it *Biggrin. After updating every single driver possible i have upgraded the BIOS from version A08 to A15.

Now when powering on the machine it crashes and says 'Windows couldn't start correctly', no error message at all. So i go into the repair menu and when the menu opens and i immediately press 'start windows normally' it crashes and restarts, but if i wait about 30 seconds before clicking 'start windows normally' it boots fine.

I have tried to run the built in repair but it comes back with no software and hardware errors. Presumably there is some service that just doesn't start in time for windows to boot. can anyone help?

I'd rather not 'fresh start it' as there is a quite bit of programs on it and I'd only use it as last resort.

Can you help?

:)

bolkotrol, Jun 18, 2018
  2. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jun 19, 2018
  3. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Jun 19, 2018
  4. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Jun 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Bios Update crashes Windows and recovery doesn't work. - Similar Threads - Bios Update crashes

2. Bitlocker recovery after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery after bios update: My Alienware M15 started an update today, and during restart, the bitlocker recovery screen popped up. I have not turned on bitlocker on this device, so there is no bitlocker code. I have the recovery ID, but that is it. How can I get passed this?...
  3. Bitlocker recovery after bios update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery after bios update: My Alienware M15 started an update today, and during restart, the bitlocker recovery screen popped up. I have not turned on bitlocker on this device, so there is no bitlocker code. I have the recovery ID, but that is it. How can I get passed this?...
  4. Password Doesn't Work on Windows Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password Doesn't Work on Windows Recovery: My computer installed updated and when it restarted there were errors and it cannot boot, tried repair which didn't work, then goes into recovery options. I tried everything, rebooting, etc. Trying to do repair and other advanced options BUT the problem is it keeps saying I...
  5. Password Doesn't Work on Windows Recovery

Password Doesn't Work on Windows Recovery: My computer installed updated and when it restarted there were errors and it cannot boot, tried repair which didn't work, then goes into recovery options. I tried everything, rebooting, etc. Trying to do repair and other advanced options BUT the problem is it keeps saying I...
  6. Password Doesn't Work on Windows Recovery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Recovery form doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery form doesn't work: I lost my laptop and I also lost the password for the email associated with my Microsoft windows account on this laptop. I forgot the password for the Microsoft windows account of the lost laptop. I am trying to get into my Microsoft account so that I can access my files that...
  8. Recovery form doesn't work

Recovery form doesn't work: I lost my laptop and I also lost the password for the email associated with my Microsoft windows account on this laptop. I forgot the password for the Microsoft windows account of the lost laptop. I am trying to get into my Microsoft account so that I can access my files that...
  9. Recovery form doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Windows crash with update recovery

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows crash with update recovery: During WIN10 update the operating system on my PC was corrupted and would not self-repair. I was only able to re-install and reactivate my WIN10 installation and then reinstall my programs data was all backed up. After activating and with some use I realized that I was...