Windows 10: BIOS update for Sapphire RX480 NITRO+ OC (8GB)

Discus and support BIOS update for Sapphire RX480 NITRO+ OC (8GB) in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I've just noticed there's an updated BIOS available for*my graphics cards (2xRX480) at Sapphire's site.. - does anyone know of a (painless) way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by BugMeister, Dec 19, 2016.

1. BIOS update for Sapphire RX480 NITRO+ OC (8GB)

I've just noticed there's an updated BIOS available for*my graphics cards (2xRX480) at Sapphire's site..

- does anyone know of a (painless) way to update both of the vga BIOS'.. ??*Eek

:)

BugMeister, Dec 19, 2016

2. Issue with using GPU

facing the same problem. it says

" your PC ran into a problem. we are collecting error information. windows needs to restart."

and pc keeps restarting over and over.

I m using

# win10 pro Version: 1703

# TB250 BTC Pro ( updated the bios)

# 4 of Sapphire Nitro+ OC rx 580 8gb

# 8 of ASUS Rog strix OC rx 580 8gb

# Ram- 16gb

I want to use all 12 GPUs.

anik zaman, Dec 19, 2016
  3. Andrei80 Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade - static screen?

This sometimes happens to me when waking up computer from sleep. A tv static image appears. If I put it back to sleep and wake it up again, it's ok.

Specs are I5 3570k, Asrock H77 mb, 2x8GB TeamGroup Dark(1600mhz cl9), Sapphire Nitro+ RX480(undervolted 1,050v)

Andrei80, Dec 19, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

BIOS update for Sapphire RX480 NITRO+ OC (8GB)

I've never done a BIOS update on a GPU....ever. Let me (us) know what/how it went when you do do it.

Plankton, Dec 19, 2016
  5. bobkn Win User
    You may be missing the point of a dual BIOS.

The second BIOS is a backup in case the first one becomes corrupted. I think that it is not intended to be modified, ever.

bobkn, Dec 19, 2016
  6. - sorry, I meant both CARDS not both bios'..

BugMeister, Dec 19, 2016
  7. BRKKAB Win User
    I've got that video card and it's registered with Sapphire's SSC, etc. What link are you finding it at ? As soon as I log into SSC it only displays a page to register my card. My card's been registered since October when I received it.

BRKKAB, Dec 19, 2016
  8. BIOS update for Sapphire RX480 NITRO+ OC (8GB)

Techpowerup has this one listed for the 8G NITRO:
    VGA Bios Collection | techPowerUp

- from what reading I have done so far, it looks as though ATiWinFlash is the required tool..
    a. it's best done with a WHQL driver installed - as BETA's may cause problems.. (?)
    b. need to flash one card at a time - which I assume means removing one of the cards; doing the upgrade
    c. swapping out for the other card and repeating the process..

- still a bit of a hassle.. *Think

BugMeister, Dec 19, 2016
  9. BRKKAB Win User
    Thanks I downloaded both. Now, I'll give it a try.

BRKKAB, Dec 20, 2016
  10. [UPDATE]
    I recently had a CMOS battery conk out on me, and to gain access to it I had to remove
    one of my GFX cards - seemed like a good opportunity to get this VGA BIOS update thing sorted out..

- changing the CMOS battery involved a fair bit of fiddling about inside the case,
    - but, eventually I managed to get the PC booted back into Windows10 *phew* - so then:

I left just GPU one card in, and performed the procedure above using the flash tool available at Techpowerup
    ..the procedure was successful, and went without a hitch - the updated BIOS showed up in AMD's Crimson GUI

- took that card out and switched it for the other one and repeated to procedure, again all went smoothly,
    and AMD's Crimson showed it as having been changed, so I put both cards in together and checked to see
    what the over-all situation looked like in the Crimson interface - oddly, while the primary GFX card showed
    the updated VGA BIOS info, the secondary card still showed the older BIOS - that flummoxed me a bit, so..

I swapped the GFX cards round to see if it really was a hardware fault, and noticed that the Crimson interface
    still showed that the primary VGA BIOS was updated, whereas the secondary one wasn't - even after the swap
    *Confused

..a re-install of AMD Settings corrected the situation, did it via the list in Control Panel/Programs and features
    - now both cards are showing the updated VGA BIOS details, and running sweetly at 1342/2000

- hope this helps anyone out there thinking of giving it a bash.. *Smile

BugMeister, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BIOS update for Sapphire RX480 NITRO+ OC (8GB)

1. BIOS update for Sapphire RX480 NITRO+ OC (8GB) - Similar Threads - BIOS update Sapphire

2. Gigabyte RTX 3070 8GB Gaming OC video card problems

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Gigabyte RTX 3070 8GB Gaming OC video card problems: Hello everyone, I bought a Gigabyte RTX 3070 8GB Gaming OC video card. GeForce RTX™ 3070 GAMING OC 8G Key Features | Graphics Card - GIGABYTE Global I made sure it had the latest firmware installed: 94.04.25.40.83 and I also installed the latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics...
  3. 16GB in BIOS and CPU-Z but 8GB task manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    16GB in BIOS and CPU-Z but 8GB task manager: I just installed 16GB RAM and Windows shows 8GB. None of my memory is hardware reserved but before I updated Windows to the current version it did show half of it was reserved. I've enabled XMP profile 1 and followed all the instructions in this video both before and after I...
  4. Windows 10 AMD Sapphire RX 580 8GB Video card - Screen Dimming Issue - Please Help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 AMD Sapphire RX 580 8GB Video card - Screen Dimming Issue - Please Help: AMD Sapphire RX 580 8 GB Video Card hooked up via HDMI from the back of the video card to a Vizio 2010 HDTV of the HDMI port on the back of the HDTV as well Sometimes when I go into Settings the screen will dim slightly and then it will get brighter once i close settings...
  5. OCS app error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OCS app error: Hello I have recently instal OCS application and when I tried to start a video I received an error message : error=MF_MEDIA_ENGINE_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED: HRESULT-0xC0262500 I tried to reinstalled the application but the problem remain ... What could I do ? Thank...
  6. sapphire my tec

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sapphire my tec: how to un install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/sapphire-my-tec/5a623946-192c-4cce-ba73-d3db7714f128
  7. ati sapphire X1550 not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ati sapphire X1550 not working: hiya guys , just got windows 10 pro installed, i cannot change the screen resolutiom , i have the ati sapphire X1550 graphics card, but in device manager its showing as "microsoft disaply adaptor"...resolution is set to very low, all icons etc are very big on my monitor...any...
  8. Unable to OC and USB does not work to get into BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to OC and USB does not work to get into BIOS: This is weird. I was going to just leave with that but I figure it might help to explain...lol I have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit First I had trouble getting into my bios as the keyboard and mouse did not initialize until the log in screen showed up. I was able to find...
  9. Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Card (PCI Express

Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Card (PCI Express: Hell yeah, thats good. The images are much better than my previous Nvidia GTX 750ti, and its much faster, very very pleased, up to now, with a product manufacturer change. Lovely lovely lovely!!!! I had a panic in installation when I noted that it needed direct power...
  10. Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 380 Nitro

Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 380 Nitro: A couple of hours ago I installed a new driver they told me about. I decided to play FC2 and was going along when 'black screen' and sound locked. So I had to crash pc out of it, task manager said it wasn't there. I rebooted and some text came up - starting 'watch dog' and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sapphire rx480 support

2. sapphire rx480 8gb nitro bios

3. how to upgrade bios sapphire nitro

4. sapphire 480 bios update,
  5. update sapphire bios,
  6. install bios spphire nitro rx 580 on nitro rx480,
  7. sapphire nitro rx 580 8 gb bios update,
  8. sapphire rx480 4gb bios chane over,
  9. sapphire rx480 bios,
  10. bios sapphire nitro rx480 undervolting,
  11. sapphire rx480 bios update,