Windows 10: BIOS - What USB format??

Discus and support BIOS - What USB format?? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can I use an ordinary data storage USB?? I have an ASUS board in which there is a BIOS update available. The EUFI BIOS has the Easy Flash Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Runnerbean, Nov 29, 2017.

1. BIOS - What USB format??

Can I use an ordinary data storage USB??

I have an ASUS board in which there is a BIOS update available. The EUFI BIOS has the Easy Flash Update option so when downloading the BIOS and copying it onto the USB flash Drive,..can it be on a USB stick that is formatted in NFTS? After all, I'm not actually Booting from it, I just need Easy Flash to read from it and update. I just wanted to make sure though.

:)

Runnerbean, Nov 29, 2017

2. No "Run as admin" programs are working

What are you attempting to boot from, USB or DVD?

See how to configure your BIOS to boot from a USB or DVD:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/bios-uefi-setu...

Andre Da Costa, Nov 29, 2017
  3. USB ports disabled, cannot access BIOS

There are posts in those threads I linked for how to reflash the BIOS. USB ports disabled in BIOS should be able to be enabled, and if not the BIOS can be flashed to restore the function.

May I ask how you know these are disabled in BIOS and not just malfunctioning in Windows? What have you tried to do with USB's only in boot mode before Windows comes into the picture?

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Nov 29, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

BIOS - What USB format??

Unless any file is greater than 4GB, I would say use FAT32.

cereberus, Nov 29, 2017
  5. eh??,..we're talking about downloading a few Mbs of BIOS update.

Runnerbean, Nov 29, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    Exactly - no need to use NTFS. FAT32 is the most universal format but has a 4GB file size limit. if you are running bios updates from Windows, it will not matter, but your reply seems to indicate it was being run from bios which may not recognise NTFS. Mind you I have never personally encountered any bios update mechanisms that funtction from bios.

cereberus, Nov 29, 2017
  7. Ok guys. I'll use FAT32.

Thank you.

Runnerbean, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BIOS - What USB format??

1. BIOS - What USB format?? - Similar Threads - BIOS USB format

2. What is a safe way to format an infected USB drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is a safe way to format an infected USB drive?: - Should I format an infected USB drive and a clean USB drive from an infected PC? - Should I format an infected USB drive from a clean PC? Thank you It is Windows 10 version 20H2 181077
  3. What is a safe way to format an infected USB drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is a safe way to format an infected USB drive?: - Should I format an infected USB drive and a clean USB drive from an infected PC? - Should I format an infected USB drive from a clean PC? Thank you It is Windows 10 version 20H2 181077
  4. USB Format

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB Format: My computers is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.I'm going to format my drive.I was unable to, in the past.Due to the space, used by C:But know I have, a USB Drive. I need, the installation software.I knew, the Microsoft website.that you could prepare, anything.But also...
  5. What to format larger USB sticks with? NTFS? exFAT?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What to format larger USB sticks with? NTFS? exFAT?: I bought a few 32GB sticks the other day. They came formatted with FAT32. Immediately I had trouble copying the Win10 20H2 ISO to it (greater than 4GB). Formatting to NTFS solved it of course. But I'm curious if, for use as a general USB stick (plugging it into Windows,...
  6. What should be the USB format to install Windows 10 with usb?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What should be the USB format to install Windows 10 with usb?: submitted by /u/Ucansin77 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h8bd4m/what_should_be_the_usb_format_to_install_windows/
  7. format usb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    format usb: why won't my empty 32 GB USB format how do i know it was formatted said it did but how do i tell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-usb/81697e87-cc7a-4ab6-a13f-9190ecde2c3e
  8. Formatting usb for music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting usb for music: I have windows 10. I have a new 32gb usb flash drive that is windows 10 compatable. I want to load music and play in my car. My car audio system reads and plays sound files on a flash drive in either MP3, WMA or AAC format. When i try to format my 32GB usp flash drive...
  9. Formating USB drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formating USB drive: How can I format a USB memory to 2048 Byte size. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formating-usb-drive/cb81e9aa-877a-4513-a175-81afae642744
  10. format the USB flash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    format the USB flash: When I entered my flash, I got massage this USB need to format before its used, when I tried to format, the computer or windows was unable to format please note that my windows is 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can you use usb with ntfs format to update bios