Windows 10: BIOS won't recognize x64 installer, but regconized x86 installer

Discus and support BIOS won't recognize x64 installer, but regconized x86 installer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My netbook is DENVER NBW-10004N. It was running Windows 10 64-bit but the boot file was corrupted so i had to format and install clean Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by evildog1, Nov 8, 2016.

1. evildog1 Win User

BIOS won't recognize x64 installer, but regconized x86 installer

My netbook is DENVER NBW-10004N. It was running Windows 10 64-bit but the boot file was corrupted so i had to format and install clean Windows 10 32-bit. Now i got another problems. Audio driver is not working, battery icon not showing and brightness is not working and Wi-Fi won't connect to my new router anymore. I guess those drivers was made for 64-bit only and the processor is 64-bit based but my BIOS won't recognize Win10 64-bit installer. Only 32-bit installer.

This is how my boot list looks like when i created Win10 32-bit bootable USB

BIOS won't recognize x64 installer, but regconized x86 installer [​IMG]

And this is how my boot list looks like when i created Win10 64-bit bootable USB

I contacted my manufacturer but they said they don't have any recovery or image to flash and send it to local store for help. I did send it to my local store but they could not help so i took it back home and i asked my manufacturer for drivers and bios updates etc but they ignored me for no reason.

I created bootable Plop Boot Manager which allow to boot any drives that BIOS won't allow but it doesn't show in boot list

If you wanna know how BIOS looks like, take a look in my album
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

:)

evildog1, Nov 8, 2016
  2. suirauqa Win User

Error code 0x80004005 when trying to install Security Update KB3087040 in Windows 10? Can anyone help me?

No, you were correct. The X86 = 32 bit version.

And I have the same problem on two Windows 10 x64 machines. The KB3087040 64-bit standalone installer worked fine for me to install the update, but Windows Update seems unable to recognize that this has been installed.

BIOS won't recognize x64 installer, but regconized x86 installer :(

suirauqa, Nov 8, 2016
  3. MELERIX Win User
    PC restarts randomly

install KB4073290 if you are using x64/64bits or KB4073291 if you are using x86/32bits, that should solve the issue.

also make sure your Mainboard BIOS is updatd to the last version.

MELERIX, Nov 8, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

How are you making the USB flash drive for the installation?

NavyLCDR, Nov 8, 2016
  5. evildog1 Win User
    Using official Win10 installer tool on my computer running x64.

evildog1, Nov 8, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    1. Are you absolutely sure it had 64-Bit Windows 10 on it before? I have 2 similar Intel Atom devices with 32 GB eMMC and 2 GB RAM and they both came with 32-Bit Windows on them from the factory because 32-Bit Windows will run better than 64-Bit Windows because of the limited resources these devices have.

2. Where did you get the drivers from that you think are meant for 64-bit only?

NavyLCDR, Nov 8, 2016
  7. evildog1 Win User
    I guess so since all hardware, including Intel graphics, battery, brightness, and sound are working perfectly. I'm just guessing that drivers are for 64-bit only, because when you install 32-bit version on a 64-bit computer, some hardware like Wifi, Ethernet, Bluetooth, etc will not work. Install 64-bit version on a 64-bit computer have no problems with any hardware. It's a shame that my manufacturer will not give me drivers and BIOS updates. And i forgot to mention that Intel graphics is also not working properly even it was installed correctly by Windows Update.

I identified the drivers that are not installed and not working

acpi ven_intq&dev_3401 = Intel(R) Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework Processor Participant Driver (Unknown device)
    acpi ven_int&dev_3406 = Intel(R) Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework Processor Participant Driver (Unknown device)
    pci ven_8086&dev_0f18&subsys_72708086&rev_0fPCI / pci ven_8086&dev_0f18&cc_1080 = PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller

evildog1, Nov 8, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

I can provide those 32-bit drivers for you.

NavyLCDR, Nov 9, 2016
  9. evildog1 Win User
    I updated all drivers to the latest version using Driver Booster 3 and the errors were gone but Windows still can't find hardware of battery, brightness and audio. Is there any programs that can identify hidden hardwares?

evildog1, Nov 9, 2016
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    Did you get the exclamation points fixed on the I2C controllers?

NavyLCDR, Nov 9, 2016
  11. evildog1 Win User
    yep i fixed it

evildog1, Nov 11, 2016
  12. evildog1 Win User
    Nevermind, my manufacturer send me image deploy script and it worked. battery, brightness, audio are working again!

evildog1, Nov 23, 2016
  13. ewrej Win User

Hello,
    i have the same issue with my laptop. Can you send me the solution for these issues?
    Thank you in advance.

ewrej, Mar 13, 2017
  14. evildog1 Win User
    I just reinstall Windows using custom image deployment by my manufacturerIf you have license, download Win10 from Microsoft or tell your manufacturer about your issue.

evildog1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. BIOS won't recognize x64 installer, but regconized x86 installer - Similar Threads - BIOS won't recognize

2. Internal hdd not recognized by BIOS but recognized during Windows installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal hdd not recognized by BIOS but recognized during Windows installation.: I have the following problem, I found an old laptop of mine, an Asus f555l. I noticed that it wasn't working properly anymore. so I tried to repair it. I've come to the following situation and I don't know what I can try. then Windows is installed on the hdd. unfortunately it...
  3. Internal hdd not recognized by BIOS but recognized during Windows installation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal hdd not recognized by BIOS but recognized during Windows installation.: I have the following problem, I found an old laptop of mine, an Asus f555l. I noticed that it wasn't working properly anymore. so I tried to repair it. I've come to the following situation and I don't know what I can try. then Windows is installed on the hdd. unfortunately it...
  4. Question whether installing w10 x86 or x64 - addressable memory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question whether installing w10 x86 or x64 - addressable memory: I have a w7 pc (x86) with 3GB RAM + 2GB dedicated VRAM. So it's 5GB addressable RAM in total, right? Do I need x64? System is x64 capable. 171337
  5. C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable Won't Install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable Won't Install: I noticed an issue when trying to install Apex through Origin the past two days. The download pauses at 38%. I've traced it down to C++ 2010 x64. Origin downloads and runs vcredist_x64.exe even though 2010 x64 is already installed. I deleted the partial game install. I...
  6. Installing x64 from x86, CPU supports it, not sure all hardware will?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing x64 from x86, CPU supports it, not sure all hardware will?: As you can see on my stats for this old rig, I was wondering if I should install Windows 10 64 Bit? I currently am running on Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit, version 1511, build 10586.318. The PC is 10 years old, originally an XP SP3 Machine, went to Windows 7 directly, then partioned...
  7. Is there really no way to restore an x86 image over an x64 install?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is there really no way to restore an x86 image over an x64 install?: I've been pretty satisfied with Window's built-in disk-image creation and restoration tool (the one still called "Windows 7 Backup and Restore") ... but recently tried to restore a image of an x86 Windows 10 installation onto a drive that had x64 Windows 10 installed, and...
  8. The results are in, x86 vs x64

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The results are in, x86 vs x64: Not sure where to put this so if its in the wrong place please move it. Been testing my machine (see specs) with PC Mark 8 Home on my dual boot SSD. According to PC Mark the score for x86 on the home test the score is 2004 and using win 10 x64 the score is 2190. So I am...
  9. X86 to X64 architecture

X86 to X64 architecture: A friend's computer was updated from Windows 7 Ultimate X86 to Windows 10 X86. I noticed that his system is X64 based architecture. Can he do a clean install/reinstall from X86 to X64 without losing his activation? If so, how? Thank you in advance. 54151
  10. Installing Win x86 dual-boot on a PC with Win 10 x64

Installing Win x86 dual-boot on a PC with Win 10 x64: Hello, as the title says, I have a PC with win 10 x64 installed. It is a new PC with UEFI firmware and secure boot enabled, though I can disabled it very easily. I want to installed Win 7 x86 (32bit) on a second hard drive and have it dual-boot config with the current Win...