Windows 10: Birth date and Parental Verification

Discus and support Birth date and Parental Verification in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Could not enter birthday because the scroll bars were "frozen" during Win10 setup on re-installation. I'm 72 years old and am the Owner and sole User... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Micah_6.8, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Micah_6.8 Win User

Birth date and Parental Verification

Could not enter birthday because the scroll bars were "frozen" during Win10 setup on re-installation. I'm 72 years old and am the Owner and sole User on my Laptop. In User Accounts I am the Administrator...there is no "family" or "children" or other "users." A Notification says I need parental "verification" which I cannot have. It states I must "fix" this problem by Jul 6th. My MS personal profile has the correct birth date and email, yet the message keeps cropping up. I am prompted to use a Credit card for ID, which I will not "Submit." What happens on Jul 6th? How do I get out of this "loop"? Please advise.

:)

Micah_6.8, Jul 5, 2018

2. How do i change the DOB (date of birth/birthdate) for a child account through the parent account? How do you do Option 3?

Hi,

If the birth date on a Microsoft account says that it belongs to a child, there are different steps to take in regions such as the United States of America and the Republic of Korea, and other regions that regulate what children can do online. Here is what
    to do when you are a parent trying to change your child's birth date:

• Using the parent's Microsoft account, sign in to your
      Family
      page on the Microsoft account website.
    • Select Manage my child's profile info.
    • For the child’s account that you want to change, select Edit this child's personal info and then follow the instructions.

For additional help, you may find the instructions to this question by following the links below:

Regards.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Change my date of birth on microsoft profile

Hi Alex,

To change the date of birth on your Microsoft Account, you can follow the steps below:

• Sign in to
      Your info
      on the Microsoft account website.
    • Click Edit your personal info.
    • Select the correct date of birth, and then select Save.

If the birth date on a Microsoft account says that it belongs to a child, there are different steps to take in regions that regulate what children can do online. You can check this
    link for more information.

Let us know how it goes.

Loraine Mon, Jul 5, 2018
  4. JMcG_770 Win User

Date of birth on an account

Hi

I recently discovered that my older son set up his account with a date of birth that made him well over 18 (so that he could get his 'phone to work as otherwise it needed parental controls). I didn't realise this, or that there was the option for parental
    controls when he did this and found out recently when setting up a 'phone for my younger son.

We have changed the date of birth on his account, but it has made no difference at all in the parental controls. I tried the "help chat" but they were spectacularly unhelpful.

Is there a way that I can sort his account out to be for the right date of birth, but without having to create a new account and so lose all his settings and data etc?

JMcG_770, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Birth date and Parental Verification - Similar Threads - Birth date Parental

2. there is no option to change the date of birth of child account using a parent account and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there is no option to change the date of birth of child account using a parent account and...: I contacted Microsoft support yesterday they told me to wait 24 hours after adding the child account to the family safety thing and il be able th reset the birth of date of the mircosoft account and its been more then 24 hours and there's still no option to change it...
  3. there is no option to change the date of birth of child account using a parent account and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there is no option to change the date of birth of child account using a parent account and...: I contacted Microsoft support yesterday they told me to wait 24 hours after adding the child account to the family safety thing and il be able th reset the birth of date of the mircosoft account and its been more then 24 hours and there's still no option to change it...
  4. date of birth change from child to parent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    date of birth change from child to parent: Help. I am, unable to change the date of birth on my microsoft account, it is currently a child account although I am an adult. I am not sure how this happened - the settings wont let me change and I am in desperate need for this to happen as I am trying to study and open...
  5. date of birth change from child to parent

date of birth change from child to parent: Help. I am, unable to change the date of birth on my microsoft account, it is currently a child account although I am an adult. I am not sure how this happened - the settings wont let me change and I am in desperate need for this to happen as I am trying to study and open...
  6. date of birth change from child to parent

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. Date of Birth.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date of Birth.: How can I correct my date of birth on my microsoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-of-birth/dd842556-475b-4a6a-9d63-42e5f688dc8b
  8. Date of Birth.

Date of Birth.: How can I correct my date of birth on my microsoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-of-birth/dd842556-475b-4a6a-9d63-42e5f688dc8b
  9. Date of Birth.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Date of birth

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Date of birth: How can I change my date of birth when my parents set my date of birth to 3 years prior to my birth date so that they can control a lot of things that if my real age was inputted they would not be able to. Right now I'm 14 close to 15 and they have it to say I am 11....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 installation birthdate