Windows 10: BitDefender and context menu

Discus and support BitDefender and context menu in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. After upgrading to BitDefender 2017, I no longer have "Scan with BitDefender" on the context menu when right clicking a file or a folder. It is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Burgurne, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Burgurne Win User

BitDefender and context menu

Hello.
    After upgrading to BitDefender 2017, I no longer have "Scan with BitDefender" on the context menu when right clicking a file or a folder. It is the same on both my PC's, both running danish version of Windows 10.

It seems like no other has this problem, so maybe it is my windows 10 installations that needs a repair? The one is a quite old windows installation, but the other one is only about 2 month old. One have malware bytes installed, and the other has not. No other security software are in use.

Anybody here with an idea about how I can regain "Scan with BitDefender" in my context menus? *Smile

:)

Burgurne, Jan 8, 2017

2. Windows 10 Explorer / WIN+X

Using the ShellExView application I figured out that there was a context menu extension from the old deinstalled BitDefender AntiVirus software. I disabled that extension and now everything works fine!

MichaelMetzner, Jan 8, 2017
  3. Context menu

A context menu which can be opened by right mouse button is extremely limited in Windows 10 apps. At the same time it's very useful to call common features for different apps like 'print' or 'translate' (which I have not found in News app, for example).

AndriyFlora, Jan 8, 2017
  4. BitDefender and context menu

Hi:

Disclaimer: I do not use BD, so we may need to wait for someone who does to come along...

A couple of easy things to check:
    • Did you reboot the computer after the upgrade?
    • Is there an option in the BD GUI/dashboard for the context menu entry that needs to be enabled?
      • For some security programs, such as MBAM2, the context menu scan item is an option that (if I recall correctly) is disabled by default -- the user needs to enable it
    • Were these "on-top" upgrades from an earlier version of BD?
      • Sometimes, doing an in place major version upgrade (e.g. from 2016 to 2017) leads to problems (minor corruption, performance problems, etc.)
      • At least for Kaspersky, it has always been the case that a "clean" upgrade (uninstalling the old version before installing the new one) has been the recommended "best practice"

Those would be my first thoughts.

Please let us know, so that we can all learn.

Thanks,

MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 8, 2017
  5. hawkman Win User
    It should have a repair option built-in
    Programs >> uninstall ..... then >> REPAIR option

Roy

hawkman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BitDefender and context menu

1. BitDefender and context menu - Similar Threads - BitDefender context menu

2. context menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    context menu: i just reinstalled windows but when we right click on desktop which shows refresh option it i s always showing to my left . the menu opens to the left of my mouse.should not it be opening to the right of my mouse...
  3. context menu

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    context menu: 20H2 used to have Defender and MBAM as choices to scan but since I recovered an image form Macrium it does not show these. Is it possible as I use these apps more that they become part of the right click context menu. I know I would not have removed these and do not like to...
  4. Context menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Context menu: Hello, I am running a machine with Windows 10 Pro which had version 1703, a few days ago I updated to 20H2. When I had 1703 all ok.... But when I upgraded to 20H2 EACH RIGHT CLICK TAKES ABOUT 5 SECONDS. I think a 4GB ram and i3 processor should not take so long for a right...
  5. context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    context menu: how to add 'desktop' to 'send to option' WIN 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/671f83fb-b3a9-449a-9564-ea120c0b78b8
  6. Context Menu

Context Menu: Is there a way to edit context menus in Windows 10 without having to deal with the registry? If yes, how? Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/593aefd6-7ccd-433f-920b-1da873dd4694
  7. Context Menu

Context Menu: I think I installed a demo software or game really long time ago by a private developer on my PC, but I noticed later that had led to the presence of "usmanworldfree.com" on the right click menu. How can i remove it? Help in this regard will be much appreciated....
  8. context menue

context menue: my context menu does not show the ability to set windows in a pattern ,side by side etc. how can this be add? all tutorial for moving windows into various groupings start with right clicking to get the context menu which has these patterns....
  9. context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    context menu: right click on desktop blank space, a context menu appears as I click on its "new" item no respond and the menu automatically closed. what is the matter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/2843ddc0-0011-4c82-b2ab-ab281dd3271b
  10. Network map context menu (Fix Icon and context menu)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network map context menu (Fix Icon and context menu): For all those that have a blank icon in network router and the non working network map feature as it is removed from windows 8/10 (this plug and play driver bug never got corrected from microsoft, imo) here is a reg file that fixes both of the 3 problems. Just copy those...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. context menu editor bitdefender

2. remove scan files with bitdefender antivirus context item

3. remove bitdefender desktop context menu

4. bitdefender not in context menu