Windows 10: Bitdefender and Malwarebytes

Discus and support Bitdefender and Malwarebytes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I installed Bitdefender Free 2017 this morning and it said it was incompatible with Malwarebytes 3. Does BD do most of what MBM did or do I need to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by swarfega, Apr 4, 2017.

1. swarfega Win User

Bitdefender and Malwarebytes

I installed Bitdefender Free 2017 this morning and it said it was incompatible with Malwarebytes 3. Does BD do most of what MBM did or do I need to install another program?

I have disabled Windows Defender for reasons mentioned in this thread.

:)

swarfega, Apr 4, 2017
  2. axe0 New Member

BAD_POOL_HEADER issues

The crashes look similar to others I've analyzed, they were caused by a known driver conflict between Malwarebytes Web Protection & BitDefender Firewall. If you have BitDefender Firewall then I would suggest to try the following.

• Open BitDefender and go to the modules
    • Go to the firewall settings
    • Disable 'Block port scans in the network'
    • Reboot

If BitDefender is NOT installed, please try following

NOTE: the uninstall tool will remove everything related to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, if you have any license activated note it down BEFORE you run the uninstall tool.

Malwarebytes & BitDefender are working on a solution to fix the driver conflict!

axe0, Apr 4, 2017
  3. BAD POOL HEADER

Hi Gerry, I have both MalwareBytes premium and Bitdefender Total Security 2016 installed. Ever since I had Bitdefender I started encountering problems. Previously I used AVG with MalwareBytes and no issues at all. Any ideas?

Marius le Roux, Apr 4, 2017
  4. jonnied12 Win User

Bitdefender Free 2017 and the latest version of Malwarebytes 3 work well together on my system.

jonnied12, Apr 4, 2017
  5. swarfega Win User
    hmmm BD said it was incompatible. Maybe if I install it after BD.

swarfega, Apr 4, 2017
  6. Barman58 Win User
    I use the paid version of Bitdefender Total Security 2017, and do not use anything else and feel that it has everything covered, I still have a valid Malwarebytes Pro licence, but do not use it since the total debacle that is MalwareBytes 3 was released and caused me to have BSODs

Bitdefender Total Security 2017 is regularly the No1 rated anti-malware solution, and has the same features as Malwarebytes plus others, ( including Mobile Devices), so I don't miss Malwarebytes at all

Barman58, Apr 4, 2017
  7. swarfega Win User
    yea I can't afford the paid one currently so trying out the free version. I know it's reputation, but I was wondering if the free version is the same and you don't need MBM. I know that the free version uses the same core engine as the paid version.

swarfega, Apr 4, 2017
  8. Barman58 Win User

Barman58, Apr 4, 2017
  9. jyim89 Win User
    For those who have been experiencing the Windows Defender update error 0x80070643 recently, please check my latest update to the thread On Windows Defender Definition Update error 0x80070643.

jyim89, Apr 4, 2017
  10. swarfega Win User
    swarfega, Apr 4, 2017
  11. dencal Win User
    dencal, Apr 4, 2017
  12. Barman58 Win User
    Thanks for the update

It's difficult to find a complete comparison due to them having too many versions such a good selection. I just use the Full 10 device Total security which was only about £40 a year and It covers all my devices PC's Laptops, and mobile, (tablet and Phones)

I set it up on my one system and it's broadcast to the rest - set it to autopilot and forget it, I check the weekly report and investigate any warnings I get, not had many as my surfing is done as safely as I can make it *Wink

Barman58, Apr 4, 2017
  13. swarfega Win User

Bit of an update, I now have Bitdefender 2017 Antivirus Plus as it was in a sale at the time.
    @Barman58 I read your last post and I would be interested it know what settings you specifically set on it.

swarfega, Sep 17, 2017
  14. Barman58 Win User
    @swarfega
    I basically set it up to defaults, added all my data locations (multiple partitions on multiple disks to the anti ransomware lists , did a full scan which came back clean, and left it to get on with it ...

I have to sign in to the password manager each time on log in but this is the only regular interaction I have with the program
    I do get the odd notification and action it there and then - mostly adding applications to the Ransomware whitelist for access to data areas, (if it's a program on test I then remove I remove the authorisation when the program is uninstalled).

I have also sometimes had a request to authorize a program through the firewall, and the odd notification that a website is bad in some way, ( mostly sites for research for others, or checks of links posted on the forums )
    If I download or otherwise add any files to the systems I always right click and scan them.
    I do the occasional scan of the full system as a backup to my other checks .

and that's about it *Smile

Barman58, Sep 18, 2017
  15. swarfega Win User
    Hi Nigel

Thanks for that. I did disable file protection as I found that a bit intrusive.

swarfega, Oct 13, 2017
Thema:

1. Bitdefender and Malwarebytes - Similar Threads - Bitdefender Malwarebytes

2. Running Bitdefender System Scan Leads to Blue Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running Bitdefender System Scan Leads to Blue Screen of Death: When I run Bitdefender Free Full System Scan, it runs for about 5 seconds before my Windows 11 computer gets the system error message and restarts. I do have Malwarebytes installed, although it is not running in real-time, and I have done Bitdefender system scans in the past...
  3. Running Bitdefender System Scan Leads to Blue Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running Bitdefender System Scan Leads to Blue Screen of Death: When I run Bitdefender Free Full System Scan, it runs for about 5 seconds before my Windows 11 computer gets the system error message and restarts. I do have Malwarebytes installed, although it is not running in real-time, and I have done Bitdefender system scans in the past...
  4. how to fix startup corruption after Bitdefender update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to fix startup corruption after Bitdefender update: how to fix startup corruption after Bitdefender update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-startup-corruption-after-bitdefender/901446bd-d0ad-4fc3-b428-118a45ad6cbc
  5. how to fix startup corruption after Bitdefender update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix startup corruption after Bitdefender update: how to fix startup corruption after Bitdefender update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-startup-corruption-after-bitdefender/901446bd-d0ad-4fc3-b428-118a45ad6cbc
  6. how to fix startup corruption after Bitdefender update

7. 299 Password protected files that could not be scanned by Bitdefender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    299 Password protected files that could not be scanned by Bitdefender: I'm using Bitdefender Total Security and ran a system scan, however in the log of the scan I noticed that 299 files were skipped due to being password-protected. I have all of their paths, but I didn't want to paste it here to fill up the page although I can provide it if...
  8. 299 Password protected files that could not be scanned by Bitdefender

299 Password protected files that could not be scanned by Bitdefender: I'm using Bitdefender Total Security and ran a system scan, however in the log of the scan I noticed that 299 files were skipped due to being password-protected. I have all of their paths, but I didn't want to paste it here to fill up the page although I can provide it if...
  9. Bitdefender Geräteinformationen wird Windows 10.0.22631 angezeigt.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitdefender Geräteinformationen wird Windows 10.0.22631 angezeigt.: Unter Bitdefender Geräteinformationen wird Windows 10.0.22631 angezeigt obwohl ich Windows 11 benutze.Ist das ein Fehler, und was kann ich tun?...
  10. Bitdefender Geräteinformationen wird Windows 10.0.22631 angezeigt.

Bitdefender Geräteinformationen wird Windows 10.0.22631 angezeigt.: Unter Bitdefender Geräteinformationen wird Windows 10.0.22631 angezeigt obwohl ich Windows 11 benutze.Ist das ein Fehler, und was kann ich tun?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. using malwarebytes and bitdefender