Windows 10: Bitdefender and Windows Defender both active at the same time

Discus and support Bitdefender and Windows Defender both active at the same time in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Win 10 Pro x64. I recently upgraded from Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 to Bitdefender Total Security 2016. With both versions, I notice... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GregH, Oct 6, 2015.

1. GregH Win User

Bitdefender and Windows Defender both active at the same time

I have Win 10 Pro x64. I recently upgraded from Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 to Bitdefender Total Security 2016. With both versions, I notice that whether booting cold or a restart, sometimes Windows Defender is active (can be accessed thru the Control Panel icon and updates itself etc) and other times it is inactive "The application is turned off and is not monitoring your computer". Same thing with the Windows Firewall.

Is this a known 'bug', maybe with Windows Defender or Bitdefender, that allows Windows Defender to enable itself, seemingly randomly when starting/restarting the PC. My understanding is that the 3rd party AV should permanently override and disable Win Defender.

I presume that this is not a good thing and conflicts between the two will result in problems/instability.

:)

GregH, Oct 6, 2015

2. Nokia 301 Dual Sim - Both cards active at same time?

Currently hard to source in Europe would have been easier if you were going to Mumbai or Delhi!

scoobyman---01, Oct 6, 2015
  3. Nokia 301 Dual Sim - Both cards active at same time?

The above is correct its a dual sim standby device.

techbuzzireland, Oct 6, 2015
  4. bjames36 Win User

I upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 yesterday
    I have windows 10 home,x64. I also have bitdefender free version and it appears to be "on". Windows Defender says that it is on also. On the internet, there are some comments that say Bitdefender will not work with Windows 10. My question is should I uninstall bitdefender even though it says it is on?
    Your comments and opinions will be apprecitated!

bjames36, Oct 30, 2015
  5. YOU
    You Win User
    Bitdefender works on Windows 10.

6. YOU
    You Win User
    I would completely remove Bitdefender then try reinstalling it.

7. bjames36 Win User
    I am not at all sure what happened, but I have been checking the status of my virus protection about everyday.
    Windows Defender is off and Bitdefender is working and active.
    I believe it was operator error. Sorry about that, thanks for your replies!

bjames36, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Bitdefender and Windows Defender both active at the same time - Similar Threads - Bitdefender Defender both

2. Either the Headphones or mic works, not both at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Either the Headphones or mic works, not both at the same time: I have a USB Bluetooth adapter connected to my Win 10 PC. I had Sony headphones and now using a Oneplus Z neck band. when trying to work with the mic, its not working and it was disabled. So i enabled it now its working all good. Right then the headphones not working the...
  3. Either the Headphones or mic works, not both at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Either the Headphones or mic works, not both at the same time: I have a USB Bluetooth adapter connected to my Win 10 PC. I had Sony headphones and now using a Oneplus Z neck band. when trying to work with the mic, its not working and it was disabled. So i enabled it now its working all good. Right then the headphones not working the...
  4. Either the Headphones or mic works, not both at the same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headphones & Mic both working; but not at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones & Mic both working; but not at the same time.: Hi All,In my 20 years playing on computers daily, I have never once been this unsure as to what a problem is.I today received my Ducky one 3 mini keyboard in the post. I plugged it in and began to load up discord to talk to my friends. I was unable to get both my headset...
  6. Headphones & Mic both working; but not at the same time.

Headphones & Mic both working; but not at the same time.: Hi All,In my 20 years playing on computers daily, I have never once been this unsure as to what a problem is.I today received my Ducky one 3 mini keyboard in the post. I plugged it in and began to load up discord to talk to my friends. I was unable to get both my headset...
  7. use both integrated and dedicated graphics at same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use both integrated and dedicated graphics at same time: can I use both integrated and dedicated graphics at same time? Cand I used HDMI on dedicated graphics card for monitor, then use the integrated HDMI for another devices? monitor or soundbar ? will both work ?my motherboard show Supports AMD Multi-GPU. my CPU has intel...
  8. use both integrated and dedicated graphics at same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use both integrated and dedicated graphics at same time: can I use both integrated and dedicated graphics at same time? I have i7-13700k, CPU with Intel® UHD Graphics 770, if I buy intel arc a750, can I enable both? Cand I used HDMI on graphics card for monitor, then use the integrated HDMI on another devices? monitor or soundbar ?...
  9. use both integrated and dedicated graphics at same time

use both integrated and dedicated graphics at same time: can I use both integrated and dedicated graphics at same time? I have i7-13700k, CPU with Intel® UHD Graphics 770, if I buy intel arc a750, can I enable both? Cand I used HDMI on graphics card for monitor, then use the integrated HDMI on another devices? monitor or soundbar ?...
  10. Microphone and Speakers both not working at the same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone and Speakers both not working at the same time: I'm using Lenovo Legion 5, yesterday when I start my laptop and join a discord session, I figured that discord was not picking up my sound, and I can't hear them talking too. So I went to watch a youtube and it was proved that system sound was not working. I went through both...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender and bitdefender together same time

2. windows 10 bitdefender and windows defender both running

3. can you have widows and bitdefender firewall on at the same time

4. is it a problem when both bitfender and windows defender firewall active