Windows 10: Bitdefender Free AV

Discus and support Bitdefender Free AV in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I like to try out things I have not used before so today I have installed Bitdefender AV and I like what I see up to now, I may be tempted to buy it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Stephanie, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Stephanie Win User

Bitdefender Free AV

I like to try out things I have not used before so today I have installed Bitdefender AV and I like what I see up to now, I may be tempted to buy it *Smile

Bitdefender Free AV [​IMG]

Bitdefender Free AV [​IMG]

:)

Stephanie, Feb 14, 2017
  2. [RMH] Win User

Removing Bitdefender Free

I had been using Bitdefender Free and decided to go with Windows Defender. I uninstalled Bitdefender through apps and programs, but Win Defender still saw Bitdefender as the default AV and would not load. I went through the Windows 10 registry and deleted
    all instances of bitdefender and the gziface.exe executable, but Win Defender still reports that another AV program is in operation and will not load.

BitDefender is the only AV program ever installed on this computer so I know that is what Win Defender is objecting to.

How can I get all traces of BD off and activate Win Defender?

[RMH], Feb 14, 2017
  3. Security - Windows Defender vs BitDefender (free version)

Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition has most of its virus definition hosted "in the cloud", and accesses them in real time from the cloud. That's why it might be using fewer system resources compared to some other AVs, though it's not the lightest AV around.

Lyubomir Parvanov, Feb 14, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

Bitdefender Free AV

Hi Steph.
    I have had this free version since it was released late last year, very impressed.
    No need to purchase the full version unless you want all the extra bells and whistles, they both have the same AV engine.
    The following video link gives a very favourable demo.
    Bitdefender Free Antivirus 2017 Review - YouTube

dencal, Feb 14, 2017
  5. Stephanie Win User
    Thank you dencal *Smile

Stephanie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bitdefender Free AV

1. Bitdefender Free AV - Similar Threads - Bitdefender Free

2. how to fix startup corruption after Bitdefender update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to fix startup corruption after Bitdefender update: how to fix startup corruption after Bitdefender update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-startup-corruption-after-bitdefender/901446bd-d0ad-4fc3-b428-118a45ad6cbc
  3. how to fix startup corruption after Bitdefender update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix startup corruption after Bitdefender update: how to fix startup corruption after Bitdefender update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-startup-corruption-after-bitdefender/901446bd-d0ad-4fc3-b428-118a45ad6cbc
  4. how to fix startup corruption after Bitdefender update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 299 Password protected files that could not be scanned by Bitdefender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    299 Password protected files that could not be scanned by Bitdefender: I'm using Bitdefender Total Security and ran a system scan, however in the log of the scan I noticed that 299 files were skipped due to being password-protected. I have all of their paths, but I didn't want to paste it here to fill up the page although I can provide it if...
  6. 299 Password protected files that could not be scanned by Bitdefender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    299 Password protected files that could not be scanned by Bitdefender: I'm using Bitdefender Total Security and ran a system scan, however in the log of the scan I noticed that 299 files were skipped due to being password-protected. I have all of their paths, but I didn't want to paste it here to fill up the page although I can provide it if...
  7. Great video review of updated Bitdefender free!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Great video review of updated Bitdefender free!: Great video review of the updated Bitdefender free. What are your thoughts? Bitdefender Free Antivirus 2017 Review - YouTube My subscription of Norton AV runs out soon and I might go for a free anti virus instead. Bitdefender looks good. 74187
  8. bitdefender free edition

bitdefender free edition: to my surprise, it installed on windows 10. can I assume it does what it is supposed to? edit: I posted this question on the bitdefender forum. I saw that the latest build of free edition was announced with the hope that it would support windows 10. My immediate reaction...
  9. Bitdefender free 2016 is out of beta

Bitdefender free 2016 is out of beta: As the title says. Bitdefender free 2016 is available on Bitdefender site. For all that hate online installers, try this links: 64-bit: https://download.bitdefender.com/win...der_bp_64b.exe 32-bit: https://download.bitdefender.com/win...der_bp_32b.exe To use...
  10. What is the best free AV software, Bitdefender or Avast?

What is the best free AV software, Bitdefender or Avast?: I have a tight budget right now but need a dependable AV for my computer with Win 10. I've heard good things about Avast but dislike the popups and I also like Bitdefender but need advice on this issue. Thanks in advance! 105163