Windows 10: bitdefender free edition

Discus and support bitdefender free edition in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; to my surprise, it installed on windows 10. can I assume it does what it is supposed to? edit: I posted this question on the bitdefender forum. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by shmu26, Mar 12, 2016.

1. shmu26 Win User

bitdefender free edition

to my surprise, it installed on windows 10.
    can I assume it does what it is supposed to?

edit: I posted this question on the bitdefender forum. I saw that the latest build of free edition was announced with the hope that it would support windows 10. My immediate reaction is that in fact it does seem to behave properly.

:)

shmu26, Mar 12, 2016

2. Security - Windows Defender vs BitDefender (free version)

Okay, thank you very much for the link. It showed me, that bitdefender (free edition) is NOT working in Windows 10!

Both tests with eicar come right into my PC in windows 10.

The PUA test was blocked by Chrome

Phishing page test was not blocked

Cloud protection was blocked by Chrome.

In other words, BitDefender (free edition) did not block anything at all! No wounder it feels so fast then!

SvenOhrberg, Mar 12, 2016
  3. Windows Defender Windows 10

I just end up on youtube looking for something else

and instead I find this guy video made 2 weeks ago

I immediately trying to install the bitdefender free edition 2017

but when is about to activate the bitdefender free edition 2017 by sign on it

windows 10 is block me to do so ( think is windows 10 )

two questions

N1) why microsoft doesn't alert the windows 10 users about how sucks windows defender it is?

N2 ) the bitdefender free edition 2017 can be install in windows 10 home or windows 10 pro ?

thanks

~Moderator removed live link/embedded video~

MarcoWindows10, Mar 12, 2016
  4. bitdefender free edition

TairikuOkami, Mar 12, 2016
  5. AndreTen Win User
    Proceed with cushion! Even previous version didn't interfere with Windows 10, but it didn't worked correctly. On their download site is still no sign that it is supported on Windows 10.
    I would wait a bit longer. *Confused

AndreTen, Mar 13, 2016
  6. TairikuOkami, Jul 22, 2016
  7. swarfega Win User
    I would not consider using the free version which has not been updated in 2 years. It could be less efficient and a security risk.

swarfega, Jul 22, 2016
  8. bitdefender free edition

TairikuOkami, Jul 22, 2016
  9. shmu26 Win User
    shmu26, Jul 22, 2016
  10. AndreTen Win User
    AndreTen, Jul 23, 2016
  11. Any problem with the beta?

RubberDucky, Jul 23, 2016
  12. Thanks TairikuOkami. I too have been waiting for this.

thegeriatric, Jul 23, 2016
  13. shmu26 Win User

bitdefender free edition

high RAM usage

shmu26, Jul 23, 2016
  14. RAM usage here appears slightly more than Avast and about what AVG was using. Had a minor issue with notifications about need to update definitions on boot.

cyberrufus, Jul 23, 2016
  15. AnEdge Win User
    Windows Defender and MBAM Anti-Exploit are fantastic together. Minimum resources and IMO very good protection, along with common sense, of course. I dumped Avast and have no regrets.

AnEdge, Jul 23, 2016
Thema:

bitdefender free edition

1. bitdefender free edition - Similar Threads - bitdefender free edition

2. Free minecraft 10 edition

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Free minecraft 10 edition: Hi i'm told that i can get a free minecraft 10 edition if i bought the java edition before February 2018, i got java edition since June, 2014 BUT it leads me to the non free edition reedem, why is that?...
  3. Bitdefender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitdefender: I have Bitdefender - can windows security be on too? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/bitdefender/8402e31d-fd6d-4f5e-adc0-d55ed4c93d21
  4. Free photo editing software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free photo editing software: I see a download that mimics the old PICASA: https://picasa.en.uptodown.com/windows. Is this legit? Is it malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-photo-editing-software/c50baf82-b489-4945-a6a1-0dbc9d795db2
  5. Great video review of updated Bitdefender free!

Great video review of updated Bitdefender free!: Great video review of the updated Bitdefender free. What are your thoughts? Bitdefender Free Antivirus 2017 Review - YouTube My subscription of Norton AV runs out soon and I might go for a free anti virus instead. Bitdefender looks good. 74187
  6. Bitdefender

Bitdefender: I have eliminated BitDefender, and now it sometimes appears me the error message that I attach. What is it? What does he/she want to say? How do I do to eliminate him/it? Thanks 99927
  7. Bitdefender free 2016 is out of beta

Bitdefender free 2016 is out of beta: As the title says. Bitdefender free 2016 is available on Bitdefender site. For all that hate online installers, try this links: 64-bit: https://download.bitdefender.com/win...der_bp_64b.exe 32-bit: https://download.bitdefender.com/win...der_bp_32b.exe To use...
  8. What is the best free AV software, Bitdefender or Avast?

What is the best free AV software, Bitdefender or Avast?: I have a tight budget right now but need a dependable AV for my computer with Win 10. I've heard good things about Avast but dislike the popups and I also like Bitdefender but need advice on this issue. Thanks in advance! 105163
  9. Bitdefender Free AV

Bitdefender Free AV: I like to try out things I have not used before so today I have installed Bitdefender AV and I like what I see up to now, I may be tempted to buy it *Smile [img] [img] 77320
  10. Free Music Editing Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free Music Editing Software: I'm looking for software that can edit music files i.e. fade in/out, snipping, etc. Any suggestions? Cheers! 1407