Windows 10: BitDefender Question: Is There A Log Of What It Has blocked ? Where ?

Discus and support BitDefender Question: Is There A Log Of What It Has blocked ? Where ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, Thanks for all the previous help. Looked all over, but just can't seem to find the following. I assume it exists somewhere. In... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Robert11, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Robert11 Win User

BitDefender Question: Is There A Log Of What It Has blocked ? Where ?

Hello,

Thanks for all the previous help.

Looked all over, but just can't seem to find the following.
    I assume it exists somewhere.

In BitDefender, how does one see a complete list (or log) of what virus'/trojans/etc. it has found, and presumably
    blocked from executing ?

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Dec 16, 2015

2. Is there a log of what hardware troubleshooting found and installed?

I had some problems. It was guessed that these might be related to hardware. I was told to run the hardware troubleshooter. I did. It said it found a couple of things and asked if I wanted them fixed, but gave no hint what it found or what it was going to
    do. I had no choice but to say yes.

Is there a log file or report anywhere that says what it found and what it installed?

I found a description of how to print out the WindowsUpdate log, but that is a large file and I didn't find anything in that which seemed like it was describing what the troubleshooter replaced.

I looked in the event system, but that is a large file and I didn't find anything in that which seemed like it was describing what the troubleshooter replaced.

Thanks

bsimpson(2), Dec 16, 2015
  3. Is there a log of what hardware troubleshooting found and installed?

One example: I would click the Windows button, click Power and click Sleep. There would be a few seconds delay as the computer was putting itself to sleep. I thought it was done. Later I would notice that one of the mountain scenes was on the screen. At
    first I thought that I had made a mistake putting it to sleep. Then I sat there and watched it carefully. A few seconds after it went to sleep it had started itself right back up. There were no error messages. This does not happen every time, but I have noticed
    it a number of times now. Someone else I know reported something which sounds very similar. I have made no changes other than updating to Windows 10. I ran the troubleshooter. It said it found two things, but would not tell me anything about what it found.
    I let it update.

But I don't know whether what it did had anything to do with power or not. That was why I asked if there is any way to find out what it has found or changed.

Another example: USB connections on the back of the computer stopped working. Later after having done nothing they started working again. There were no error messages. I ran the troubleshooter. It said it found two things. I let it update.

But I don't know whether what it did had anything to do with USB or not.

That was why I asked if there is any log letting users know what the troubleshooter installed or changed.

bsimpson(2), Dec 16, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, a list of recent events can be viewed by clicking the 'person' icon to the rt of the caption on the main window. A drop down appear: click 'events'.
    You can view what's in Quarantine: Click Modules, Antivirus, Quarantine, noting that things are deleted after a set time.

I don't find Bitdefender very well laid out, and setting exclusions after a detection is simply uncoordinated.

The above relates to Internet Security 2016.

dalchina, Dec 18, 2015
Thema:

1. BitDefender Question: Is There A Log Of What It Has blocked ? Where ? - Similar Threads - BitDefender Question Log

2. why would my Bitdefender block Edge's msedge.exe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why would my Bitdefender block Edge's msedge.exe?: Is my Edge infected? Why is this being blocked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-would-my-bitdefender-block-edges-msedgeexe/c2e86eca-205b-41c2-a60a-ec6f7c0e051d
  3. why would my Bitdefender block Edge's msedge.exe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why would my Bitdefender block Edge's msedge.exe?: Is my Edge infected? Why is this being blocked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-would-my-bitdefender-block-edges-msedgeexe/c2e86eca-205b-41c2-a60a-ec6f7c0e051d
  4. Question about "This app has been blocked" message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about "This app has been blocked" message: I am getting this message in Protection history but the app is not named. How to remove the app? [ATTACH] [Original title: Blocked App] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/question-about-this-app-has-been-blocked-message/95b2e1b9-478f-4e1d-ad69-790f3cfa031e
  5. This app has been blocked...What app?

This app has been blocked...What app?: In looking at the protection history in windows security I see a number of notations that say "This app has been blocked" with a date and time. The problem is, I have no idea what app has been blocked. When I hit the down arrow I am asked for permission to let the app make...
  6. Bitdefender Blocks Potential Windows Update Address

Bitdefender Blocks Potential Windows Update Address: Bitdefender 2020 is continuously providing the following notification: We blocked this dangerous page for your protection: http://151.205.4.137/pdata/075d9f0d716392d6/ctldl.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/disallowedcertstl.cab?a1cad813747d0470...
  7. How to run blocked application in Win 10 - Bitdefender

How to run blocked application in Win 10 - Bitdefender: After an update of Win 10 on 3 PC's, one of them refuses to run any part of the Bitdefender free edition. These 3 PC's all having been running Win 10 and bitdefender for about a year, only one is affected. It displays the message: "This app has been blocked for your...
  8. Bitdefender Total Security 2019 Renewal Question

Bitdefender Total Security 2019 Renewal Question: I have been pretty happy with Bitdefender Total Security 2018 and plan to renew when my subscription expires. Online chat support is excellent BTW. Right now I have "Total Security" but there is also "Internet Security" Everything in the latter is included in the former....
  9. Bitdefender Total Security question

Bitdefender Total Security question: I purchased this version online and downloaded it my question is, does Windows automatic updates have to be enabled for this program to receive it's, automatic updates? I seem to have to manually update all the time cause I keep getting errors saying it could not update. I...
  10. BitDefender And Automatic Updates Question, Please

BitDefender And Automatic Updates Question, Please: Hello, Two questions please: Using BitDefender. Windows did an automatic update, apparently, and wiped out a lot of my desktop icons. Although I am fairly sure that I still have BitDefender working, hopefully, the round desktop icon that was always displayed is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitdefender log file