Windows 10: Bitlocker Auto Unlock: activated but not working

Discus and support Bitlocker Auto Unlock: activated but not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have 2 storage hdd encrypted w/ bitlocker, in addition to the encrypted OS volume C:. I activated auto unlock expecting the storage volumes to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Fra881, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Fra881 Win User

Bitlocker Auto Unlock: activated but not working

I have 2 storage hdd encrypted w/ bitlocker, in addition to the encrypted OS volume C:.

I activated auto unlock expecting the storage volumes to automatically unlock with the unlocking of C: (I enter the psw during boot since I don't have TPM). However they stay locked until I open them and manually enter their psw.

Looked everywhere on the internet for solutions but the problem is still here, so I'm posting asking for help.

Things to know:
    - storage volumes are seen as removable, instead of fixed (I guess because ahci is set, so should be normal)
    - the two storage volumes have been encrypted before encrypting C:, and have different psw from C: (shouldn't matter either, but you never know)

:)

Fra881, Jul 29, 2016

2. How to Auto-lock the drives on Windows 10 using BitLocker.

Original title: BitLocker Auto Lock

How do I can auto lock to BitLocker after unlocking a driver in Windows 10 Pro?

N.B: I'm using BitLocker with Windows 8.1 & upgrade free to 10 pro.

Mominur_Rashid, Jul 29, 2016
  3. Auto-unlock BitLocker "for this user"

I have a laptop running Windows 10 Pro, fully updated. There are several other users on this PC.
    Recently, I purchased an external hard disk to back up my “personal” files.
    When I used BitLocker to encrypt the HD I learned that the feature I tried to use didn’t work as I thought.
    I wanted to set BitLocker to “auto-unlock FOR THIS USER ONLY” and not have the HD files available to the other users.
    Instead, it auto-unlocks “FOR THIS PC” and everyone has access to it.
    And it remains unlocked even if I sign out; I must either turn off the PC or restart it when I am through.
    Worse, this is true even if I don’t use the auto-unlock feature!
    I could buy a third-party program to lock my files on the HD, but then why have BitLocker?
    Any ideas?

Microsoft, are you listening?

Woodstockjohn, Jul 29, 2016
Thema:

Bitlocker Auto Unlock: activated but not working

1. Bitlocker Auto Unlock: activated but not working - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Auto Unlock

2. Auto Unlock BitLocked drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Unlock BitLocked drives: Hi.I am just seeking some advice for the following desired implementation for encrypting drives and doing backups.I have a set of 5 USB external drives, which I have encrypted using BitLocker on a Windows 10 PC.All these drives have the same drive label, which is required for...
  3. Auto Unlock BitLocked drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto Unlock BitLocked drives: Hi.I am just seeking some advice for the following desired implementation for encrypting drives and doing backups.I have a set of 5 USB external drives, which I have encrypted using BitLocker on a Windows 10 PC.All these drives have the same drive label, which is required for...
  4. Auto Unlock BitLocked drives

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Bitlocker not auto unlocking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker not auto unlocking: So, we have many systems about 15 of them in which we have a removable device USB that is encrypted by Bitlocker. We have set the system up so that the drive auto unlocks. However, if the OS is rebooted the drive will not auto unlock. I have even tried running the power shell...
  6. Bitlocker not auto unlocking

Bitlocker not auto unlocking: So, we have many systems about 15 of them in which we have a removable device USB that is encrypted by Bitlocker. We have set the system up so that the drive auto unlocks. However, if the OS is rebooted the drive will not auto unlock. I have even tried running the power shell...
  7. Bitlocker not auto unlocking

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Auto unlock BitLocker in Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto unlock BitLocker in Windows 11 Home: hi! Yesterday during an update, my laptop just had a green screen problem and then I re-installed windows 11 home single language by media creation tool. but now my SSD drives are locked by BitLocker except the boot drive. I have keys for unlocking them. but I can't open the...
  9. Auto unlock BitLocker in Windows 11 Home

Auto unlock BitLocker in Windows 11 Home: hi! Yesterday during an update, my laptop just had a green screen problem and then I re-installed windows 11 home single language by media creation tool. but now my SSD drives are locked by BitLocker except the boot drive. I have keys for unlocking them. but I can't open the...
  10. BitLocker Auto-Unlock

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BitLocker Auto-Unlock: I want to have BitLocker enabled, but I want to turn on auto-unlock so I don’t have to continuously enter my BitLocker password. I’ve seen some systems with this setting in Manage BitLocker, but I do not see it on mine. Does anyone know why I don’t see it? Also is there...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker activated but not working

2. unlock bitlocker when bitlocker not activated

3. bitlocker works with antivirus programs

4. bitlocker to go autounlock works on win10 not win7,
  5. turn off auto unlock on bitlocker not working,
  6. auto unlock bitlocker not working,
  7. gpo bitlocker auto-unlock,
  8. bitlocker auto unlock not possible,
  9. hdd fully encrypted by bitlocker with bitlocker not activated,
  10. windows 10 1803 bitlocker auto-unlock not working,