Windows 10: BitLocker automatically enabled when computer gets added to the domain?

Discus and support BitLocker automatically enabled when computer gets added to the domain? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I talked to my boss about this issue, and he claims there is no domain group policy in place to automatically enable BitLocker when computers get added... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EducIT, Aug 22, 2018.

1. EducIT Win User

BitLocker automatically enabled when computer gets added to the domain?

I talked to my boss about this issue, and he claims there is no domain group policy in place to automatically enable BitLocker when computers get added to the domain. Is there any way this could just be a security feature in Windows 10 that any computer added to any domain gets BitLocker encrypted by default, or is that not a thing that happens in Windows 10? I feel like it has to be a group policy. Are there any other ways BitLocker could get automatically enabled?

:)

EducIT, Aug 22, 2018
  2. srie Win User

How to enable bitlocker on domain systems?

I want all the laptops that are joined to the domain to start bitlocker encryption immediately. How to enable this ?

Can this be done with Group Policy management console.

We have both TPM enabled and non-TPM laptops in our environment.

Regards,

Srikanthan

3. BitLocker refuses to enable

SarahKong: Inserting a flash drive would help if I could at least get past the error that the GPO isn't set. Step 1 (Enable BitLocker) in the article you specified is where my issue lies ... I can't even turn on BitLocker. Step 3 is where the flash drive
    would come into play, but I can't get past step 1.

Andrea Da Costa: We don't set these GPOs in our domain, and I've tried gpupdate /force and a reboot to no effect.

Matthew Wallace PS, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Viruzz Win User

HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Please help,
    Looking for a way( script or maybe some unknown windows command or registry hack) to automatically unlock a non OS BitLocker encrypted drive on Log-In.

My situation: Right now my OS SSD Samsung 840 Evo has a boot password, its not Bios option nor windows eDrive but the third one, the one you need 3rd party software to activate it, had to purchase EMBASSY Security Center to do it.
    No issues here, the OS drive is locked and encrypted.

One of My HDD Drives is encrypted with Bitlocker, so every time my PC is booted, I need to enter windows log-in password and then open my computer and enter another password to unlock the drive.
    Whats worse is that unlike the SSD that needs unlock password only after full shutdown the Bitlocker needs it every log-in.

Windows has an option to Automaticlly unlock all BitLocker drives on boot, BUT the issue here is that this official option only works if your OS drive is also BitLocker encrypted and then log-in password unlocks everything.

Im looking for maybe a windows Script or some Hidden command to automatically unlock the BitLocker drive.

Even if it Sounds insecure like having the actual password somewhere in the registry, text file or script I dont care because the OS drive is encrypted and passworded.
    Also I have a TPM chip I can encrypt any file/folder so even if file is copied from my PC when its fully unlocked the files wont be readable anywhere unless unencrypted before.

If its important im on 8.1 pro 64bit

P.S. If there is no solution for my problem then my only choice is when windows 10 comes out to do a clean install on another Samsung 840 Evo that was previously cleared and eDrive option enabled

Thanks in advance.

Viruzz, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

1. BitLocker automatically enabled when computer gets added to the domain? - Similar Threads - BitLocker automatically enabled

2. adding legacy computers to a domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adding legacy computers to a domain: We have approx 20 Mazak milling machines running either Win 95, Win 2000 Pro or Win XP. Since the beginning of the year I've not been able to re-add them back onto the domain functional level 2016. As they are old a hard drive replacement is often needed to keep them going...
  3. adding legacy computers to a domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adding legacy computers to a domain: We have approx 20 Mazak milling machines running either Win 95, Win 2000 Pro or Win XP. Since the beginning of the year I've not been able to re-add them back onto the domain functional level 2016. As they are old a hard drive replacement is often needed to keep them going...
  4. BitLocker - non-domain admin abilities to write to AD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker - non-domain admin abilities to write to AD: Hello,Working on setting up BitLocker to save the keys to AD, but can't seem to find an answer to my big question. We have non-domain administrators at locations that have been granted delegation rights to their AD OUs. While setting up BitLocker, I created a security group...
  5. BitLocker - non-domain admin abilities to write to AD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker - non-domain admin abilities to write to AD: Hello,Working on setting up BitLocker to save the keys to AD, but can't seem to find an answer to my big question. We have non-domain administrators at locations that have been granted delegation rights to their AD OUs. While setting up BitLocker, I created a security group...
  6. BitLocker - non-domain admin abilities to write to AD

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. ENABLING WINDOWS FEATURES OF DOMAIN COMPUTERS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ENABLING WINDOWS FEATURES OF DOMAIN COMPUTERS: How to turn on or off Windows features in Windows 10 by using Windows 2016 Group Policy Management https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enabling-windows-features-of-domain-computers/5f41e378-cfae-455f-9868-2d4f9c2e4302
  8. BitLocker Recovery Key on a machine with BitLocker enabled automatically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Recovery Key on a machine with BitLocker enabled automatically: May you please assist. We have recently noted that most of our new purchased computers in my organisation have BitLocker enabled automatically when the machine is setup. Users are are not aware that they have BitLocker since BitLocker seems not to have been setup to require...
  9. Enabling Bitlocker on an Entire Domain

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling Bitlocker on an Entire Domain: My team and I, are currently looking into enabling Bitlocker on 500+ computers. Doing this manually would be a grievous task as we are international. All of our desired computers are under a domain and are able to be controlled by group policy. Though, Bitlocker GPO does not...
  10. Issue with adding an user computer to domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with adding an user computer to domain: I have an issue with one computer in my domain and i removed that computer from domain. But, i wanted that computer to add back into domain. Now the issue is i am getting an error message saying DC can't be contacted. The error message is as follows. " Note: This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker gets enabled automatically

2. bitlocker automatically enabled

3. automatically enable bitlocker on domain

4. auto Enable BitLocker domain,
  5. turn on bitlock when adding to domain,
  6. bitlocker got automatically activated,
  7. bit locker automatically got enabled,
  8. bitlocker gets activated automatically,
  9. I have Window 10 Pro with the bitlocker do I need to enable it or it is automatically done,
  10. mdt bitlocker not added to domain,
  11. how to auto bitlocker a pc when joining to a domain,
  12. partition automatically gets encrypted,
  13. automactilly enable bitlocker windows 10 domain,
  14. bitlocker not automatically enabling gpo,
  15. enable bitlocker on a domain laptop