Windows 10: Bitlocker Blank blue screen at PIN screen

Discus and support Bitlocker Blank blue screen at PIN screen in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Our organization requires Laptops to be Encrypted with a PIN #. One of our Laptops is giving me trouble. I have Bitlocker turned on and fully encrypted... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by drew22to375, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Bitlocker Blank blue screen at PIN screen

Our organization requires Laptops to be Encrypted with a PIN #. One of our Laptops is giving me trouble. I have Bitlocker turned on and fully encrypted and have require Startup PIN with TPM in the Require additional authentication at startup in GPEDIT. I also have the Enable use of Bitlocker Authentication Requiring preboot Keyboard input on Slates enabled. When turning on the Laptop Bitlocker comes up with the light blue screen where you enter the PIN but the screen is blank. It doesn't say Bitlocker or have a box to enter the PIN #. Now I can just type the pin # and press enter and it works and loads windows as normal. I obviously can't give this Laptop to a user like this.

Anybody have any suggestions as to a resolution to this issue.
    Thank You.

:)

drew22to375, Jun 30, 2016
  2. jgdye Win User

Windows 10 Bitlocker won't boot

In case anyone is following this, after looking at SuperUser, I found this MS post that addresses the issue:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-security/bitlocker-pin-pre-boot-screen-empty/f985c4f6-dd71-4586-bd46-50f513432bb3?auth=1

The SuperUser question is
    http://superuser.com/questions/1102358/windows-10-bitlocker-on-bootup-presents-just-a-blue-screen-but-no-password-box-o
    . SuperUser has a couple of potential fixes, but the gist is that you can type your password at the blank screen and it will work.

jgdye, Jun 30, 2016
  3. Bitlocker password promptscreen problem after installing update (KB3172985)

I have seen the same issue but it is when Windows 10 asks for the Bitlocker PIN and the screen is a light blue, not black.

GrantWilke, Jun 30, 2016
  4. Bitlocker Blank blue screen at PIN screen

We have the same issue with one of our Lenovo laptops. Did you ever find a solution?

I wish I knew, Jul 12, 2016
  5. I ended up re-installing windows 10 and deleting all of the partitions. Then it worked fine. I think the partitions were messed up as I received errors turning bit locker on about the partitions were not set the first time. After re-installing Win10 from scratch it has worked great.

drew22to375, Jul 12, 2016
  6. Thanks for the reply. We're doing the same. Fresh re-install of Windows 10

I wish I knew, Jul 12, 2016
  7. vt2012 Win User
    vt2012, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bitlocker Blank blue screen at PIN screen

1. Bitlocker Blank blue screen at PIN screen - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Blank blue

2. Blank Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Blue Screen: I am trying to set up a new computer that has Office Professional 2021. I get to the screen that says Office comes with your device. I clicked the "Got it" button on the bottom right corner but that takes me to a blank blue screen. It's been on this screen for about an hour....
  3. Blank Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Blue Screen: I am trying to set up a new computer that has Office Professional 2021. I get to the screen that says Office comes with your device. I clicked the "Got it" button on the bottom right corner but that takes me to a blank blue screen. It's been on this screen for about an hour....
  4. Blank Blue Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. blank blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blank blue screen: Can anybody please help me. My name is Adam and i cant seem to fix this blue screen problem on my desktop. When i restart my pc it stays blue until i power it off. It then asks me to sign in which i do and after that i get a quick blue screen and then its back to normal....
  6. Blank Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank Blue Screen: A few days ago I left my computer on for 30 minutes to an hour while I was doing something else. When I returned to the computer neither the keyboard or the mouse were working. I turned off my computer and turned it back on, but nothing but a blank blue screen popped up. If I...
  7. Blank Blue Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank Blue Screen: I have a computer that opens up with error code 0xc00000e9 and I can only get into boot menu. I have created windows media creation on usb but it only opens to a blank blue screen. Can't boot into safemode or get past blue screen. Please advise....
  8. Blank blue screen

Blank blue screen: Hi! I had my laptop off for a couple of weeks. When I switched it on again screen is blue with nothing on it. Didn’t even asked me the passcode and I can’t do nothing. Can anyone help?...
  9. Blank blue screen

Blank blue screen: Acer laptop upgraded windows ten, I left on for the night while this was happening. This morn. Can only get blue blank screen! Can anyone help please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-blue-screen/7186cac2-6705-4b11-90fb-92880923ac1a
  10. Blank blue screen

Blank blue screen: I updated to windows-10 and when I went to Facebook the website wouldn't fit so I had to keep scrolling to the right to get to all of the website. Like right now I use a long line to post, this happens in Facebook. I went to play Words with Friends and all I got was a blue...
Tags: