Windows 10: Bitlocker corrupted my Boot drive during installation

Discus and support Bitlocker corrupted my Boot drive during installation in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 Pro on a HP Proliant ML110 G7 machine, and decided to install bitlocker using a password and USB key. The machine does NOT have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by trontron, Jan 29, 2016.

1. trontron Win User

Bitlocker corrupted my Boot drive during installation

I am running Windows 10 Pro on a HP Proliant ML110 G7 machine, and decided to install bitlocker using a password and USB key. The machine does NOT have a TPM installed.

I first activated it on 2 logical volumes. Then I tried to activate it on my OS boot drive (C*Smile, and after the step where I created my password and USB rescue key it said it would reboot to test the keys and then commence with the encryption. It rebooted and then, with the USB key inserted, read the key correctly and proceeded to give me a blue screen saying that my PC was unbootable with the error message "Unmountable_Boot_Volume", and suggested I repair the startup process with a windows installation disc or USB.

I did, but when I boot the PC using a Windows 10 install USB and try to run startup repair it asks me for the password or the USB key or the Number key, and I try them all but say they're wrong, and I know they're correct because when I try to boot directly to the hard drive they are accepted.

Is there anything else I can try? Help.

:)

trontron, Jan 29, 2016

2. Preparing Automatic repair on boot when bitlocker is enabled

Hello, I'm having trouble getting bitlocker to work on my new drive.

The drive is Intel pro 6000p, which is a self encrypting drive. I have eDrive enabled and did a fresh windows install on it.

I then enabled bitlocker with a password, so to integrate with the self encrypting feature. I could confirm bitlocker was enabled by entering "manage-bde -status", which reported hardware encryption and protection on.

But after that, whenever I boot it just go straight into "Preparing Automatic Repair", then follow by enter Bitlocker recovery key screen. No prompt for a password.

I tried repairing it with the Windows media and the correct recovery key, but automatic repair was not successful.

I was able to get back into Windows, by unlocking the drive in advanced option-->command prompt, using "manage-bde -unlock C: -pw". The system seems fine so I don't think there is a corruption in file. After disabling bitlocker in control panel (or
    via command prompt) the system boots normal again.

Note: Fast boot is OFF, CSM is OFF, secure boot is ON, no other drive is present.

Please I need your help. I did everything clean and tidy, I just want it to work!

please-just-work, Jan 29, 2016
  3. Bitlocker corrupted my external hard disk drive. Who would pay for the loss?

Suppose I can bear the loss of data still my hard drive is ruined. It does not appear in disk management, hangs the entire PC and not just mine every other Windows operated PC. So, Does bitlocker causes power failures in external hard disk drives during
    encryption or it simply ruins their boot sectors to make them secure? How was that the healthy drive fails so badly after bitlocker encryption rendering it useless.

HARSHDESWAL, Jan 29, 2016
Thema:

Bitlocker corrupted my Boot drive during installation

1. Bitlocker corrupted my Boot drive during installation - Similar Threads - Bitlocker corrupted Boot

2. Bitlocker corruption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker corruption: Bitlocker reset with code doesn't work, it reports a usb corruption so cannot do a reformat from usb. How do I progress?Cheers, John https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-corruption/2fc97688-ef04-4cdb-b408-286da8972616
  3. Bitlocker corruption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker corruption: Bitlocker reset with code doesn't work, it reports a usb corruption so cannot do a reformat from usb. How do I progress?Cheers, John https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-corruption/2fc97688-ef04-4cdb-b408-286da8972616
  4. Bitlocker installed with a dual boot.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker installed with a dual boot.: Hi everyone,I have recently made my laptop a dual bootable commuter. Having windows 10 as default on it already, I installed Ubuntu.But after I did the install both my hard drive HDD & solid state drive SSD now are Bitlocker encrypted. I have never heard about "Bitlocker"...
  5. Badly corrupted boot drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Badly corrupted boot drive: My goal here is to try to fix my current issues without deleting anything/any applications. Last month's update really damaged my computer badly for no absolute reason at all. Now my pc is near to inaccessible. Other suggested media creation tool which i could not use due...
  6. Crash during Windows 10 installation, infinite boot loop [OS corrupted?]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crash during Windows 10 installation, infinite boot loop [OS corrupted?]: Hello, I tried to reset Windows 10 via settings -> update & security -> recovery I wanted to start fresh, the problem is that my PC crashed during the windows 10 installation process. Now it's stuck in a loop, it goes from the manufacturer logo (ASUS, from where i can...
  7. [HELP] BitLocker SCREWED my Boot Partition (corrupted?)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] BitLocker SCREWED my Boot Partition (corrupted?): The SSD in question has 2 partitions. I was encrypting my Boot Partition. I am totally new to BitLocker. I chose the option of putting my key on an external flash drive, I set a password, then it asked me to restart before it begins encryption (might not go exactly like...
  8. Bitlocker encrypted corrupt usb drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker encrypted corrupt usb drive.: I have a seagate usb 3 external hard drive. it has been bitlocker encrypted. It has also been damaged in some way. When I boot my machine with legacy setup in the bios most usb drives show up (flash drive and another external usb 3 drive). The problem drive is not showing...
  9. BitLocker Drive OS Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BitLocker Drive OS Install: Hi all. The computer is not booting up.. I tried crashing it in WinRE .. some how microsoft did it again and now my drive is Bit Locker Encypted Asking bit locker key for every repair option. I got the keys from Ms account. When trying to run SystemRestore, Startup...
  10. CLI during WinX Install bypasses BitLocker

in Windows 10 News
    CLI during WinX Install bypasses BitLocker: Press Shift + F10 during Windows 10 Upgrade to Launch Root CLI & bypass BitLocker Tuesday, November 29, 2016 Swati Khandelwal If your computer's security relies on Windows BitLocker Hard Drive Encryption software, then Beware! Because anyone with physical access...
Tags: