Windows 10: Bitlocker doesnt allow to key in password

Discus and support Bitlocker doesnt allow to key in password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hi buddy, I have my portable drive encrypted with bitlocker. However, everytime i connect with computer it doesnt appear a window to type in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tmonley101, May 4, 2016.

1. Bitlocker doesnt allow to key in password

hi buddy,

I have my portable drive encrypted with bitlocker. However, everytime i connect with computer it doesnt appear a window to type in password to unlock rather than a recovery key. Unfortunately, I lost my receovery key so I can not solve this problem

Bitlocker doesnt allow to key in password [​IMG]

:)

tmonley101, May 4, 2016
  2. DaiBell Win User

Bitlocker passwords don't work with certain symbols but accepted

Has anyone else come across this problem? I used the symbols '/' and '#' within a Bitlocker password to allow the user to avoid using the shift key. These symbols were accepted as a password change. At the next login the password was refused as it was 'incorrect'.
    I had to use the Recovery key to get in and change the password again. Bitlocker says you can use symbols and doesn't list exceptions; this sounds like a nice Bitlocker 'bug'?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Power on or off a device]

DaiBell, May 4, 2016
  3. Bit locker key

No they are not.

A Bitlocker Key is usually something that is used if you've forgotten your Bitlocker Password.

IJustHelping, May 4, 2016
Thema:

Bitlocker doesnt allow to key in password

1. Bitlocker doesnt allow to key in password - Similar Threads - Bitlocker doesnt allow

2. bitlocker key doesnt work after replacing motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bitlocker key doesnt work after replacing motherboard: I replaced the motherboard in my HP Elite X2 G3 with a used one from Ebay. I retained the original hard drive and battery. However, now when I boot up the computer, my bitlocker code doesnt work and the PC name isnt one of my devices so I cant obtain a new key from...
  3. bitlocker key doesnt work after replacing motherboard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker key doesnt work after replacing motherboard: I replaced the motherboard in my HP Elite X2 G3 with a used one from Ebay. I retained the original hard drive and battery. However, now when I boot up the computer, my bitlocker code doesnt work and the PC name isnt one of my devices so I cant obtain a new key from...
  4. Bitlocker Password and Key are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Password and Key are not working: During decryption of a external USB drive using Bitlocker, the PC being used stop working. Upon reconnection of the external hard drive would connect but the files are locked. The drive password and recovery key does not work. What happened? Is there anything I can do to...
  5. Bitlocker Password and Key are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Password and Key are not working: During decryption of a external USB drive using Bitlocker, the PC being used stop working. Upon reconnection of the external hard drive would connect but the files are locked. The drive password and recovery key does not work. What happened? Is there anything I can do to...
  6. Bitlocker lost key no password

Bitlocker lost key no password: Hello. I have an encrypted bitlocker Hard drive that was not setup using a password. The HD was swapped/extracted from a laptop therefore there is no chance to obtain key info from ram. We do not have the key/passphrase used to encrypt the hd. is there a way, any vendor...
  7. BitLocker Password or Recovery Key

BitLocker Password or Recovery Key: Dear All, FYI, one of our staff was accidently turn on the BitLocker Drive Encryption for Windows 10 Pro in his HP laptop for a quite some time. Last few, days the laptop's motherboard was faulty and we manage to get HP to replace the new motherboard. However, after replace...
  8. Bitlocker key and password recovery

Bitlocker key and password recovery: Hi, i have a drive that is locked but i do not have the 48 key password. i only have the 32 key identification key. how do i unlock my drive with this?...
  9. bitlocker key and password is missing

bitlocker key and password is missing: Hi, I had locked one of my drives using bitlocker. Then i formatted my PC, so now i don't have password and recovery key to open my drive. I do have key protectors Password id and numeric password. Can you provide me recovery key from that?? or else how should i unlock...
  10. I have a bitlocker key id but i doesnt have a bitlocker recovery key

I have a bitlocker key id but i doesnt have a bitlocker recovery key: I have a bitlocker key id but i doesnt have a bitlocker recovery key . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-bitlocker-key-id-but-i-doesnt-have-a/499c14e1-e32c-465e-8e4f-79d93fa66e57"
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker recovery key refused letters