Windows 10: BitLocker Drive OS Install

Discus and support BitLocker Drive OS Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all. The computer is not booting up.. I tried crashing it in WinRE .. some how microsoft did it again and now my drive is Bit Locker Encypted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by manish9009, Nov 29, 2017.

1. BitLocker Drive OS Install

Hi all.

The computer is not booting up.. I tried crashing it in WinRE .. some how microsoft did it again and now my drive is Bit Locker Encypted
    Asking bit locker key for every repair option. I got the keys from Ms account.
    When trying to run SystemRestore, Startup Repair or safemode, All failed.
    Opened CMD and tried different Boorec Commands, all give access denied. I have bootable USB created by Windowsmedia creation tool. some how microsoft did it again and now my drive is Bit Locker Encypted

Now I want to reinstall OS without loosing data, Due to encryption its not allowing me to do a parallal install.
    I would appriciate if someone can guide me through steps of disabling BitLocker in WinRE.
    I have thekeys

Edit : I can access CMD in both WinRE and while booting from USB . Hope that helps

:)

manish9009, Nov 29, 2017

2. Unable to access Bitlocker encrypted External drive

Bitlocker is tied to the OS you installed it on. If you cannot access the old HD you cannot gain access to the bitlocked drive.

Yet another reason not to use encryption

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Nov 29, 2017
  3. Unlock Bit locker

Bitlocker encrypted drives are tied to the OS. When you re-installed the OS you broke that. If the passcode nor the recovery key works the data is forever gone.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Nov 29, 2017
  4. BitLocker Drive OS Install

Hi Manish9009.

In the tutorial section there is a tutorial or getting information from a drive. It states you will need another PC but it does walk you through the steps. You need the recovery key which you said you had.

I think you want option 2

Use BitLocker Repair Tool to Recover Encrypted Drive in Windows

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 30, 2017
Thema:

BitLocker Drive OS Install

1. BitLocker Drive OS Install - Similar Threads - BitLocker Drive Install

2. Bitlocker non-boot/OS drive with fTPM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker non-boot/OS drive with fTPM?: I have Windows 11 Pro on my new system. I'm trying to enable Bitlocker for all drives.I've run into a problem. Only drive C Boot/OS will let me bitlocker without having to create password/smart card. When I try to bitlocker drive D I don't have any kind of TPM options.I have...
  3. Bitlocker non-boot/OS drive with fTPM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker non-boot/OS drive with fTPM?: I have Windows 11 Pro on my new system. I'm trying to enable Bitlocker for all drives.I've run into a problem. Only drive C Boot/OS will let me bitlocker without having to create password/smart card. When I try to bitlocker drive D I don't have any kind of TPM options.I have...
  4. Need to Bypass Bitlocker recovery key for the OS drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to Bypass Bitlocker recovery key for the OS drive.: Hello Team, Unfortunately, we have missed the Bitlocker key of a Windows 10 laptop which has a problem with powering on. That system has 2 drives C&D. Now we have connected the HDD as external and luckily can able to access D-drive with the protection password, but not...
  5. Bitlocker working on OS drive, not on second drive fixed data drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker working on OS drive, not on second drive fixed data drive: I am running W10 pro, 19041. I have had to do a fresh install of W10 and since then I cannot switch bitlocker on on the D: drive. The disk is not even shown on the Bitlocker Drive encryption settings page. The C: drive has bitlocker enabled and is encrypted. Have been...
  6. Bitlocker encryption on non-os drives

Bitlocker encryption on non-os drives: hi, I have tried to recover windows due to an operating system corruption. Then when I was trying to log in I was said that there is a bitlocker encryption. I was able to recover that by logging into Microsoft account. However, still my non-os drives D: and E: are...
  7. Windows 10 OS drive and Bitlocker

Windows 10 OS drive and Bitlocker: Dear Experts My desktop Dell has only one hard drive with no partitions and has windows 10 installed Tried BitLocker to encrypt the whole drive,,,,issue windows won't ask for key/encryption key when it boots !!! Only I printed recovery key and Identifier So far I tried...
  8. Windows 10 OS drive and Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 OS drive and Bitlocker: Dear Experts My desktop Dell has only one hard drive with no partitions and has windows 10 installed Tried BitLocker to encrypt the whole drive,,,,issue windows won't ask for key/encryption key when it boots !!! Only I printed recovery key and Identifier So far I tried...
  9. Changing the BitLocker Recovery Key on an Already Encrypted OS drive?

Changing the BitLocker Recovery Key on an Already Encrypted OS drive?: Is there a way I can change the BitLocker recovery key to a new one on my encrypted OS drive? Do I need to first Suspend BitLocker to do so? Is there a tutorial on this here? Thanks 101007
  10. Unlock OS Drive Encrypted by BitLocker in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Unlock OS Drive Encrypted by BitLocker in Windows 10: How to: Unlock OS Drive Encrypted by BitLocker in Windows 10 How to Unlock an OS Drive Encrypted by BitLocker in Windows 10 [img] Information BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature that integrates with the operating system and addresses the threats of...
Tags: