Windows 10: BitLocker Drive OS Install

Discus and support BitLocker Drive OS Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all. The computer is not booting up.. I tried crashing it in WinRE .. some how microsoft did it again and now my drive is Bit Locker Encypted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by manish9009, Nov 29, 2017.

1. BitLocker Drive OS Install

Hi all.

The computer is not booting up.. I tried crashing it in WinRE .. some how microsoft did it again and now my drive is Bit Locker Encypted
    Asking bit locker key for every repair option. I got the keys from Ms account.
    When trying to run SystemRestore, Startup Repair or safemode, All failed.
    Opened CMD and tried different Boorec Commands, all give access denied. I have bootable USB created by Windowsmedia creation tool. some how microsoft did it again and now my drive is Bit Locker Encypted

Now I want to reinstall OS without loosing data, Due to encryption its not allowing me to do a parallal install.
    I would appriciate if someone can guide me through steps of disabling BitLocker in WinRE.
    I have thekeys

Edit : I can access CMD in both WinRE and while booting from USB . Hope that helps

:)

manish9009, Nov 29, 2017

2. Unable to access Bitlocker encrypted External drive

Bitlocker is tied to the OS you installed it on. If you cannot access the old HD you cannot gain access to the bitlocked drive.

Yet another reason not to use encryption

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Nov 29, 2017
  3. Unlock Bit locker

Bitlocker encrypted drives are tied to the OS. When you re-installed the OS you broke that. If the passcode nor the recovery key works the data is forever gone.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Nov 29, 2017
  4. BitLocker Drive OS Install

Hi Manish9009.

In the tutorial section there is a tutorial or getting information from a drive. It states you will need another PC but it does walk you through the steps. You need the recovery key which you said you had.

I think you want option 2

Use BitLocker Repair Tool to Recover Encrypted Drive in Windows

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 30, 2017
Thema:

BitLocker Drive OS Install

1. BitLocker Drive OS Install - Similar Threads - BitLocker Drive Install

2. Install os on external drive to test laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install os on external drive to test laptop: I have a Samsung laptop but I would like to build a with Windows 10 however it seems like there is no hard drive in the machine as when I try to boot nothing happens and when I looked in the bios I do not see a hard drive connected Is it possible to install the os on an...
  3. BitLocker encryption is enabled on your OS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BitLocker encryption is enabled on your OS: ***Modify title from: Trying to change boot configuration, but BitLocker prompts recovery mode - except I run Windows 10 Home, and don't have BitLocker installed?*** I am optimizing my Wintows 10 laptop by changing the boot settings to use all of my processors, not GUI...
  4. C Drive Formatted and no OS installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C Drive Formatted and no OS installed: I have a problem. I accidentally formatted my C drive when I was going to install windows 10. So the condition now is I don't have any os installed. The worst thing is the C drive is formatted too. Please help. I want to install windows 10 using bootable disk but it says...
  5. BitLocker How access drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker How access drive?: I have a hard drive that was suspended during an in-place install win 10, build 16299-431. I resumed BitLocker protection on all drives (5 internal ) but this one I can't open any of the files but name and properties are visible and accessible. I can read and write to drive....
  6. Accessing Bitlocker Drive Encryption menu

Accessing Bitlocker Drive Encryption menu: Although I'm an Admin on my Win 10 Pro system (Surface Laptop), I can't access the subject menu. Instead, I receive the SysAdmin notice, as in the screenshot. This seems like a new "feature," as I could access it from my previous Win 10 Surface. I suppose that I could make...
  7. Bitlocker corrupted my Boot drive during installation

Bitlocker corrupted my Boot drive during installation: I am running Windows 10 Pro on a HP Proliant ML110 G7 machine, and decided to install bitlocker using a password and USB key. The machine does NOT have a TPM installed. I first activated it on 2 logical volumes. Then I tried to activate it on my OS boot drive (C*Smile, and...
  8. Changing the BitLocker Recovery Key on an Already Encrypted OS drive?

Changing the BitLocker Recovery Key on an Already Encrypted OS drive?: Is there a way I can change the BitLocker recovery key to a new one on my encrypted OS drive? Do I need to first Suspend BitLocker to do so? Is there a tutorial on this here? Thanks 101007
  9. existing bitlocker encrypted storage pool after re-installation of OS

existing bitlocker encrypted storage pool after re-installation of OS: I am currently using the Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation (90-day trial licence). I am trying out Windows 10 to evaluate the Bitlocker encryption and storage pool features. I am nearing the end of my trial period and will need to purchase a license to continue using Windows....
  10. Dual boot but BitLocker only in one OS

Dual boot but BitLocker only in one OS: Hi, the scenario is: C: Win 10 D: Data E: Win 10 for experiments C: can see D: but cannot see E: E: cannot see C: and D: I want to apply BitLocker only for C: and D: while E: can remain without it. Is that possible? Both C: and E: has quick boot disabled....
Tags: